KING & COUNTRY Dispatches -- February 2020 (2 Viewers)

Hi Vincent,
Many thanks for additional info...Like all armies there are instructions and directives that are issued all the time...But that does not mean that they were always followed to the ‘Nth’ degree...there are frequently exceptions to the rule...This little motorcycle was one of them.

In the past K&C has produced quite a few bikes and other German vehicles with that ‘Dunkelgelb’ yellow base colour however it’s also worth remembering that by 1944 the Wehrmacht was suffering great shortages of both men and vehicles of all descriptions...and great use was made of whatever could be found and in whatever condition (and colour) they came in (including feldgrau or ‘field grey’).

Best wishes and happy collecting!
Andy.
Hi Andy,
That makes sense. Thanks for explaining.

Online search shows just as many late war Field gray as there were yellow / Dunkel Gelb bikes.

Wayne

Attachments

• MC.jpg
    MC.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 247
  • MC2.jpg
    MC2.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 256
Grey Vs camo bike, i think it is a nice edition, whether it should be grey or camo is a good discussion, i have some pictures of motorbikes in Normandy in 1944 but are black and white and which are inconclusive but i will get it at some point as it is a nice set and Normandy pre invasion build up was a backwater and bikes etc could have been just left in the grey state as there was no real need to change them, plus i did find a picture of the Oxford and Bucks Glider troops from 2 Batt D Company with a German woman posing a captured German Motorbike and that is Grey, but I do not know if the picture has been 'coloured' after the event or not. Not the same model bike but could prove there were Grey motorbikes in Normandy in 1944.

I have the Afika Korps versions of both the Motorbike and the Haltrack. As the same vehicles were produced for the AK range.

jpeg.jpg

I was just having a closer inspection of the new 105mm gun and it's ANZAC crew when I noticed the Number 2 ( who operates the breech and lays for elevation) and I noticed he has a tattoo on his left breast !!!

VN076 tattoo.jpg

On closer inspection, I'm sure that it is an RAA or RNZA badge !!!

badge-corps-raa.gif

That's really taking your love of the guns to heart !!!!

UBIQUE

John

I was just having a closer inspection of the new 105mm gun and it's ANZAC crew when I noticed the Number 2 ( who operates the breech and lays for elevation) and I noticed he has a tattoo on his left breast !!!

View attachment 257812

On closer inspection, I'm sure that it is an RAA or RNZA badge !!!

View attachment 257813

That's really taking your love of the guns to heart !!!!

UBIQUE

John

Well spotted John! It is indeed a tattoo of the Regimental Crest of the Royal Artillery and its ‘brother’ Commonwealth regiments...The Royal Australian Artillery and The Royal New Zealand Artillery.
All the best,
Andy.

Well spotted John! It is indeed a tattoo of the Regimental Crest of the Royal Artillery and its ‘brother’ Commonwealth regiments...The Royal Australian Artillery and The Royal New Zealand Artillery.
All the best,
Andy.

And the Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery as well! :)

Brendan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back