KING & COUNTRY Dispatches -- February 2020 (1 Viewer)

How good is this month's releases ..... ???

Firstly :
105mm Howitzer with an Aussie crew :) :)
The Sgt directing the gun look just like me .... well maybe what I did look like 45 years ago when I was serving on these guns, even down to the moustache :)

Secondly :
4 new Napoleonic figures, especially the apple seller, she' go a treat in my display any time :) :)
I'd like to see even more civilians from this period, especially some of the camp followers that formed the backup for the soldiers on all sides of the conflict.

Well done Andy,

John

The apple seller is my pick of the month as well. I have a small display of French cavalrymen men enjoying the refreshments offered by a cantinière. Now they can enjoy some apples too! In the meantime, I'm catching up on some earlier Napoleonic releases. It's the KGL cavalry for me this month.

Brendan

Can't wait to see US version of the 105MM Vietnam War set.

The 105mm accessories lined up for a future release is going to be cool. I wonder what material it will be made from. I'm likely going to buy multiple sets of these depending on the price.

The bamboo set is probably a must on my list, because its usable for Vietnam War themes especially and some Pacific War themes.

The German Command vehicle looks cool and maybe a repaint & accessorized based on a past release. I'm totally for this idea, it gives collectors great choices. Yes, gray maybe a great option in the future.

The most interesting comment of the release is:

"We wish to offer collectors and dealers at some very attractive prices in order to make space for our incoming inventory. So our loss is your gain!
Here is the first selection... Available while stocks last!"

I agree with Andy, it's a great opportunity to fill out your collection at good prices if you order directly from King and Country. So far, it doesn't look like the dealers are offering these limited sets and figures at the same prices.

Carlos

Well, no figures or vehicles for me this month ... :redface2: ... but the diorama Bamboo packets look good.
They will definitely enhance any Pacific jungle or island scene.

--- LaRRy

What a nice, varied release- lots of interesting offerings.

Joe

B. ‘ANZAC Artillery’
Guns and gunners of the Royal Australian and Royal New Zealand Artillery were an important component of the ANZAC military commitment to South Vietnam from 1965 to the early 1970’s.
At first they employed the air mobile, Italian designed 105mm Pack Howitzer before converting over to the tried and tested American ‘105’ M2 Field Gun. By changing over to the US Army model spare parts and plenty of ammunition were readily available whenever and wherever required from US Supply Depots in South Vietnam.

VN076 “The ANZAC 105mm Gun & Crew Set”
Australian “Diggers” and New Zealand “Kiwis” have fought side-by-side as ANZACS since they were first militarily combined as the ‘Australian and New Zealand Army Corps’ in the early days of WW1.
During both World Wars they wore virtually the same uniforms with only their own unique military head gear to identify them as either ‘Aussie’ or ‘Kiwi’.
By the time of Vietnam their basic combat uniforms were broadly based on British Army tropical climate ‘OD’ (olive drab) of that period. Both armies wore the British-style bush hat.
This brand-new Gun Set shows 3 x gunners stripped to the waist manning their 105mm field piece... A kneeling, fully-clothed NCO watches over the men as they get to work firing and reloading their gun. This little set is a tribute to all ANZAC artillerymen who served in Vietnam.

View attachment 257602

Special Note: A later release will include a sand-bagged gun emplacement as well as extra shells and empty shell-cases.

AVAILABLE: Early February

Very excited about this ANZAC release, the set looks amazing and also looking forward to the sandbags and used shells add-on sets too.

The Bamboo packs look great too!

Well done K&C. :salute::

Tell me why, Vincent..?
thanks,
Andy.
Hi Andy) It is my understanding that there is a German directive stating that all German military vehicles, including motorcycles, were to be a dark yellow base colour off the factory line, starting february 1943. Those vehicles of foreign (captured or confiscated) origin, were asap to be repainted in the field by maintenance. Troops in the field were to supplement this base colour with the olive green and reddish brown camo colours. This would place Normandy in a definitive 'dark yellow' timeframe.

Last edited:
SP110 Group.jpg

New figure?? Digger kneeling by water with map & binos

SP110 Group.jpg

New figure?? Vietnamese civilian on Vespa motor scooter

New figure?? Digger kneeling by water with map & binos

Howard,

he sure looks like the Gun Sgt from the new 105 (VN076) !!!!

Not sure why he needs binoculars, he's not an FO.
Gunfire was indirect (can't see the target) most of the time, but he could be checking the perimeter from the safely of the gun pit????

John

Blast on closer inspection the kneeling Aussie is part of the new 105 gun set. Looking forward to getting this one, but not an additional figure mores the pity. Like Andy’s own ‘sampans’, from his personal collection, seen in a previous diorama, I am thinking the bike may also fall into this category. If I am right, will than have to hope Andy decides to produce one for us. Time will tell. Robin

Hi Andy) It is my understanding that there is a German directive stating that all German military vehicles, including motorcycles, were to be a dark yellow base colour off the factory line, starting february 1943. Those vehicles of foreign (captured or confiscated) origin, were asap to be repainted in the field by maintenance. Troops in the field were to supplement this base colour with the olive green and reddish brown camo colours. This would place Normandy in a definitive 'dark yellow' timeframe.

Hi Vincent,
Many thanks for additional info...Like all armies there are instructions and directives that are issued all the time...But that does not mean that they were always followed to the ‘Nth’ degree...there are frequently exceptions to the rule...This little motorcycle was one of them.

In the past K&C has produced quite a few bikes and other German vehicles with that ‘Dunkelgelb’ yellow base colour however it’s also worth remembering that by 1944 the Wehrmacht was suffering great shortages of both men and vehicles of all descriptions...and great use was made of whatever could be found and in whatever condition (and colour) they came in (including feldgrau or ‘field grey’).

Best wishes and happy collecting!
Andy.

Hi Vincent,
Many thanks for additional info...Like all armies there are instructions and directives that are issued all the time...But that does not mean that they were always followed to the ‘Nth’ degree...there are frequently exceptions to the rule...This little motorcycle was one of them.

In the past K&C has produced quite a few bikes and other German vehicles with that ‘Dunkelgelb’ yellow base colour however it’s also worth remembering that by 1944 the Wehrmacht was suffering great shortages of both men and vehicles of all descriptions...and great use was made of whatever could be found and in whatever condition (and colour) they came in (including feldgrau or ‘field grey’).

Best wishes and happy collecting!
Andy.

From my research on WWII vehicle camo colours, getting the colour correct on an Italian bike being used by the Germans in Normandy in late 1944 is hit and miss at best.

1.jpg

Grey tanks with a yellow kublewagen (where did that one come from?)

Terry

From my research on WWII vehicle camo colours, getting the colour correct on an Italian bike being used by the Germans in Normandy in late 1944 is hit and miss at best.

1.jpg

Grey tanks with a yellow kublewagen (where did that one come from?)

Terry

Not seen that photograph before Terry, thanks for posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back