KING & COUNTRY Dispatches -- January 2015 (1 Viewer)

I like the 1/2 figure idea for scenarios. The sandbags look to have good detail in the photos. Paring the 1/2 figures and showing them with sandbags with sandbags also keeps the cost down so collectors can have a line of foxholes. Just intersperse them with some trees and the scene can be many place in the Ardennes Bulge or Hurtgen Forest.

The new PnM figures look good too, especially the drummers and flags. I think PnM series is one where many of the figures can be mixed as the uniforms of both sides were so similar yet varied so cherry picking can be done. I like the earlier release of the Parliamentary gun crew with the gunpowder barrel as very realistic. But I still have some reservations about the cannon so I'm going to wait to see what the Royalist cannon looks like before I buy a cannon. I was hoping the new cannon would have come out in this Dispatch.

As for more Scottish Regiments from Waterloo - I'm beginning to detect a bias by the designer. Perhaps they had an oversupply of plaid paint
laugh.png

Terry

It's nice to start the year off with some new Napoleonic soldiers. I already have a complete fighting square made up of previous Black Watch and Gordon Highlanders, but I will probably be adding a few of the new ones, especially the casualty lying down and the soldiers with bandaged heads. I really like the new English Civil War figures, and it's hard to not jump right in and start collecting them. The King's Standard and the Royalist drummer are superb.
Cheers,
Brendan

Excellent issue of Dispatches. Stand outs are of course RAF Jeep, Bulge Foxhole figures( really interesting release) Ambulance and Wounded figures.

Lots to choose from there!
Cheers
Rob

A mixed bag for me, some innovative ideas with the 1/2 size figures & cow and the Russian leadership was long overdue on the other hand the retreads with he Scottish Highlanders despite my family being from Aberdeen, more tents and another ambulance were less inspired or just wee bit too much of a good thing. But to paraphrase Andy, buy what you like and he would also likely say it helps newcomers who have not had a chance to buy some of the hard to find or retired items. As there were no retired items its all additive this month, so I don't think anyone can complain...

Last edited:
Let me just say that K&C turned in a few masterpieces this time. The English Civil War has never been of great interest to me, but I do love flags. The flags and drummers are absolutely brilliant and will be at my house soon. Also particularly interesting are the painter, the Soviet leaders, and the cow. K&C is going outside the box a bit lately.

Happy New Year Treefroggers! 2015 is starting off well. Standouts for me are the Dodge Weapons Carrier, P&M flagbearers and the German guard and his faithful shepherd. I noticed the numbering on many of these releases were to fill in gaps in series, ex. WS198 & NA213 for those of you who notice such minutia. :redface2: The BBA foxholes are a unique set of releases. Again kudos to K&C on making "personality" releases look like the individuals in 1/30th. Case in point Stalin and Kruschev are superb. I'm really liking the fact that their are no retirements and that Andy mentioned the prices might be dropping. :salute::{sm4} With the Canadian dollar dropping lately these collectibles priced in USD are getting really pricey. {eek3}

Happy 2015 and happy collecting.

These new BBAs are super.

Was time for something new, and I love it.

Will get the all.

And I also low the cow.

Cheers

JPB

I started collecting K & C figures in the mid 80's - all glossy at that time..

Since then their figures have improved as far as realism and these new ranges are beautifully painted.

But what I can't get over is the immensity of those bases. OK, I could understand "wide" but why do the bases have to be so "high" as well?

While I appreciate the quality of casting and painting, those bases are a total turn off for me.

I started collecting K & C figures in the mid 80's - all glossy at that time..

Since then their figures have improved as far as realism and these new ranges are beautifully painted.

But what I can't get over is the immensity of those bases. OK, I could understand "wide" but why do the bases have to be so "high" as well?

While I appreciate the quality of casting and painting, those bases are a total turn off for me.

Although they are not a turnoff for me I do wish they would be more "neutral". About the only solution is to try to bury them under ground cover or hide they behind some "object". Of course with the new Japanese WWII pacific deck crew the light brown will be easier to blend in with carrier decking it will still be higher that the surrounding wood .... unless it is counter sunk and the wood laid at the same height.

--- LaRRy

“DISPATCHES”
JANUARY 2015

CHRISTMAS IS ALREADY a memory and now we are into January and a whole New Year!
Already there is plenty of new K&C in the pipeline so that is something to celebrate...
Well, since September last when we launched the very successful “Pike & Musket” series and such items as “Gang of Heroes”...the latest World War One releases and, of course, “World of Dickens” much of our hard work (and hard searching) has paid off handsomely both for collectors and dealers!
So, on that happy note...Let’s get down to business!

1. BEING RELEASED THIS JANUARY...
A.“Better Late Than Never!”
Usually, K&C release all of our “Battle of the Bulge” figures and vehicles in October and November in the run-up to December and the annual anniversary of this battle.
Alas, pressure of other releases meant that our GI’s had to wait till this month. However, they’re a wee bit different and, I hope, well worth the wait...

BBA074 “Radio Operator Set”
Two full-body GI’s huddle behind their snow-frosted, sand-bagged emplacement. As one GI aims his M1 carbine the other is using the radio handset.

BBA075 “Bar Gunner Set”
Two“half-body” GI’s, one firing his B.A.R. (Browning Automatic Rifle) the other holding onto his helmet come under enemy fire as they shelter in their foxhole.

BBA076 “Supporting Fire”
Another two “half-body” GI’s provide additional fire power with their M1 Garand rifle and M1 carbine from their foxhole.

BBA077 “Observing The Battle”
As one “half-body” GI watches the enemy through his binos, the other GI waits ready with his rifle. (2 x half body figures)

SPECIAL NOTE: All four sets work well on a flat surface or even better, on a snow-covered diorama landscape.

AVAILABLE:Late January

BBA078 “Sitting Wounded Set”
A greatcoat-clad Medic tends to the leg wound of a sitting GI.

BBA079 “Seriously Wounded Set”
Another U.S. Army Medic leans over and supports a badly-wounded GI with a stomach wound...

BBA080 “DODGE WS51 Weapons Carrier (Winter Ambulance)”
This ubiquitous little Weapons Carrier has been turned into a temporary ambulance to help “ferry” the wounded back to the nearest field hospital. Our model has a detachable canvas cover and a seated ambulance driver figure.

AVAILABLE:Mid-January

Hi Andy,

Love those dugouts! More money coming your way from me, ****! {sm4}:cool:

I. “Living Off The Land”
During the “Battle of France” in 1940 as refugees fled their villages, towns and farms...they left behind all kinds of livestock to fend for themselves!

WH001 “Fresh Milk Today!”
Two former farm-boys know a thing or two about animals. Here, as one “soldaten” milks the cow into a wooden bucket, the other enjoys a mess tin full of fresh milk...delicious!

WH011 “Dispatch Rider”
Perhaps sitting on his bike on a nearby road this other German soldier stops to take a break and watch his two comrades at work in the field.

AVAILABLE:Mid-January

WS198 “Feld Gendarmerie Dog Handler”
On duty with guard and dog.

AVAILALBLE:Mid-January

Sorry, no retired items this month!

And that’s that for January so, I’ll bid you all a fond adieu and, again, wish everyone a happy, healthy and peaceful 2015!

Andy C. Neilson
Co-founder & Creative Director
King & Country

The dog is really well done, the cow not, it doesn' t look like a cow apart from the breasts; and the motorbike could have been better made for the price it coasts.

The dog is really well done, the cow not, it doesn' t look like a cow apart from the breasts; and the motorbike could have been better made for the price it coasts.

Yeah, we get it..You do not like King and Country. Number 150 negative K/C post and counting...Michael

The interesting fact here is that you seem to know sooooooo much about cow breasts and how real they look....{eek3} {sm2}
--- LaRRY

The interesting fact here is that you seem to know sooooooo much about cow breasts and how real they look....{eek3} {sm2}
--- LaRRY

Haha......Hey, you really have a great sense of humour....Reminds me the time of elementary school.

Last edited:
Poppo, the 'cow breasts' you refer to are commonly known as the udder and teats, no offence mate, but you walked into that one boots and all.^&grin

I can't resist saying it, but how about we all moooooooooooove on.......:tongue:

To me (in my honest opinion) looks like the WWII are going back to the older style of less dark outlines and more of the uniform color, which to me is a good thing, congrats to K&C on a ton of new releases...Sammy

Not a complaint; but would love to see some new DAK or British 8th among future dispatches. No DAK actually gives me a chance to save some money for those new releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back