King & Country Feb. Dispatches (1 Viewer)

I'll say this Ron,your fighting AK much harder than i fought Naps.Folded like a cheap deck chair!

Rob

Rob

Can you image the COST ! of getting into AK now - ugh......:)

Although the CAMELS are calling me....the motorcycles are calling me...:eek:

I'm really excited by the new DAK releases. The truck looks great and the motorcycle combo simply awesome.

I haven't bought anything since the December London Show just so I can afford to get them. Can't wait to get them.

My only problem is that my DAK collection has expanded beyond being able to display them all together. But that's a good problem to have :)

Hi

I am a collector in South Africa in the seaside town of Durban. I have a big collection and although there is a lot of KC stuff I am not averse to buying other good figures. I think Conte make some ghood stuff as does East of India and Britains have really improved. I initially collected Trophy and I really feel that the charm of these gloss figures has been overlooked by the Matte brigade. I think the colonial campaigns were ideally suited to this type of shiny figure. My Zulu War display is fantastic. The Conte Rorkes Drift which I have is a bit too realistic for my liking. I think the best thing KC did was their Vietnam range about 10 years ago. Those figurre were ahead of their time and still hold their own today. I think they were much better than the Arnhem figures qaulity wise and they came out about the same time. I have not heard anyone discuss them and have not seen them on ebay.
There are some smaller manufacturers like Little Legion who still make a lovely gloss colonial figure, unfortunately they are a small company and you have to wait along time for the figures.

I must give Andy Nielson his due in that he is a textbook example of how to run a business.He produces a top class innovative product but he has productin, marketing and distribution all sorted. We even have a KC dealer in Cape Town and I see there is one in Portugal.

Anyway that is enough for now. I am looking forward to 2007

Welcome to the forum Damian,have fun.

Easy,are you saving for the Paras,i'm trying but Andy keeps tempting me!

Rob

Hi Guys,

You guys are something else...K&C has not even brought out the two versions of the Opel Blitz truck for two minutes and already there is, “Where’s my field grey version and...what about the half track Maultier one?”

At the same time other “posters” say, “Oh you’re bringing out too much...too soon!”

I’ve said it before...I’ll say it again...K&C could release a thousand new items tomorrow and there would be some voices on this forum saying “Yeah, but where’s the piece I want!”

Please guys, remember there’s a lot of collectors out there who collect more than just WW2. We have to try and please a lot of people a lot of the time with a lot of different subjects.

Best wishes and...happy collecting!

Andy C.

Welcome to the forum, Damian, it sounds like you have a nicely diversified collection. Would love see some pictures of that Zulu display of yours. I hope Andy produces that series sometime in the not too distant future, maybe his new Brit paras will be more to your liking.;) It will be interesting to see what Britains comes out in their new matte finish Zulu War line this year. Have fun on the forum.:D

Fred

I must say i love trophy miniatures Zulu stuff and also some of Ani's figures.

Rob

Hi Guys,

You guys are something else...K&C has not even brought out the two versions of the Opel Blitz truck for two minutes and already there is, “Where’s my field grey version and...what about the half track Maultier one?”

At the same time other “posters” say, “Oh you’re bringing out too much...too soon!”

I’ve said it before...I’ll say it again...K&C could release a thousand new items tomorrow and there would be some voices on this forum saying “Yeah, but where’s the piece I want!”

Please guys, remember there’s a lot of collectors out there who collect more than just WW2. We have to try and please a lot of people a lot of the time with a lot of different subjects.

Andy C.

We have to give you lots of ideas, Andy, after all you said you only listen to us 20% of the time so we're increasing our odds of getting something we want by making the wishlist as long as possible, just trying to help, it's free market research.:rolleyes: Just relax, count to ten, take a deep breath and make what you want make, we'll buy it, after all you know what's best for us.:D

Fred

Re Andys post.I know for one that i sometimes get carried away with what i'd like etc.Its only because i think K&C stuff is so good.I've said this before but i'll say it again.Although there is lots of stuff i'd like,i'm more than happy with what Andy releases.Will try and tone it down a bit!

Rob

Hey Rob,

Yeah i'm going to get all the Para stuff when it comes out so I'll be taking it easy until then. Though I won't be able to resist the DAK stuff and the EA tank.

Hi Guys,

Andy C.

Andy:

You are right there are more than WWII collectors out there and don't forget:

NAPOLEONICS !

Heeeheee - Sorry couldn't resist. :D

You are doing a great job - keep up the great work.

Ron

Hi

I am a collector in South Africa in the seaside town of Durban. I have a big collection and although there is a lot of KC stuff I am not averse to buying other good figures. I think Conte make some ghood stuff as does East of India and Britains have really improved. I initially collected Trophy and I really feel that the charm of these gloss figures has been overlooked by the Matte brigade. I think the colonial campaigns were ideally suited to this type of shiny figure. My Zulu War display is fantastic. The Conte Rorkes Drift which I have is a bit too realistic for my liking. I think the best thing KC did was their Vietnam range about 10 years ago. Those figurre were ahead of their time and still hold their own today. I think they were much better than the Arnhem figures qaulity wise and they came out about the same time. I have not heard anyone discuss them and have not seen them on ebay.
There are some smaller manufacturers like Little Legion who still make a lovely gloss colonial figure, unfortunately they are a small company and you have to wait along time for the figures.

I must give Andy Nielson his due in that he is a textbook example of how to run a business.He produces a top class innovative product but he has productin, marketing and distribution all sorted. We even have a KC dealer in Cape Town and I see there is one in Portugal.

Anyway that is enough for now. I am looking forward to 2007

Damian

Welcome aboard we have all types of Collectors here - you will fit in just fine.

South Africa - Wow - it will be interesting talking with you and getting your take on our favorite HOBBY.

By, the way - do you collect NAPOLEONICS? :D

Ron

Welcome aboard Damian.

I also love glossy figures for colonial wars like the Zulu War. Trophy, Imperial, Little Legion, early K&C all made wonderful glossy figures for these periods which I still have.

I also love the Vietnam figures from the mid-1990's, and one of my favorite dioramas is the K&C firebase, with the K&C Huey Helicoptor, the three armored vehicles K&C produced (wood M113, resin and metal M113, resin and metal M40 Duster) and all the figures. There are some photos of my firebase diorama on other threads in this forum. The Vietnam figures do show up on ebay once in a while, but command pretty high prices almost comparable to the K&C WWII stuff. The K&C wood Huey Helicoptor is presently on ebay with a buy it now price of $925: http://cgi.ebay.com/KING-COUNTRY-VN...83QQihZ015QQcategoryZ2634QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem.

Last edited:
I fully agree with your comments on both Trophy and Little Legion having collected both. I do favor Trophy over Little Legion but must say that Mike Norris is providing quite a range of figures in his ZULU Series. I'm sure as a collector of both that you know that Mike in the past was affiliated with Trophy. Looking forward to photos of your collection......The Lt.

Easy,i also want the Dak stuff and that Vickers will look cool next to my Matilda.So much to buy not enough money!

Rob

Guys Thanks for making me feel welcome.
I have been collecting KC since 1996. I do collect Napoleonics as well as WWII. I like the North Africa stuff as us Saffers were quite involved in it. This included my late father in law who although he was of Prussian ancestry fought with distinction in the Union Defence Force. We have Aussies, Indians and Kiwis in the range but no South Africans. Perhaps Andy could make some of the Black South African troops. They were not allowed to carry weapons by the government of the day but worked as labourers and stretcher bearers. This did not stop them from performing some heroic acts. Corporal Lucas Majozi won the DCM for bringing in wounded men under fire and Lance Corporal Job Maseko single handedly
sunk an enemy steamer in Tobruk Harbour whilst a prisoner of war.

Having travelled to the US on several occasions i know what a friendly welcoming nation you are.So when my wife finds out about Naps,WW1 can someone put me up whilst i'm in hiding!!

Rob

Having travelled to the US on several occasions i know what a friendly welcoming nation you are.So when my wife finds out about Naps,WW1 can someone put me up whilst i'm in hiding!!

Rob

Rob

We will put you in the HOBBYIST PROTECTION PROGRAM - a secure place for Toy Soldier collectors like yourself. Have you ever been to North Dakota? :D

or perhaps a place in my home State of Florida - maybe near the Everglades :eek:

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back