king & Country toy soldier show (1 Viewer)

10TH LA.

Corporal
As a avid King and Country collector I would like to attend the best toy soldier show .......I have attended one in Gettysburg a few years ago and one in Toronto ...which were very good .....I have started to save some money to attend the BEST......would like some ideas......the Chicago showin the fall is close to me ...but I am open to suggestions.......thanks ........

The OTSN is by far the best show I have attended. The only other one I think that might come close is the December London Show.

As a avid King and Country collector I would like to attend the best toy soldier show .......I have attended one in Gettysburg a few years ago and one in Toronto ...which were very good .....I have started to save some money to attend the BEST......would like some ideas......the Chicago showin the fall is close to me ...but I am open to suggestions.......thanks ........

I am from Toronto and the show at Fort York is nothing like the Chicago show. Chicago is amazing!!

It's about a 9 hour drive from Toronto through Sarnia. And must do's are the Figarti lunch and K&C dinner.

Terry

LONDON LONDON LONDON!:D.The December show is superb,wonderful atmosphere,great people and an unrivalled display of K&C products from K&C UK.Well worth the trip.I hear Chicago is quite good too!;):D

If you make it to London you'd be very welcome to join us all in the bar for our get together.

Rob

LONDON LONDON LONDON!:D.The December show is superb,wonderful atmosphere,great people and an unrivalled display of K&C products from K&C UK.Well worth the trip.I hear Chicago is quite good too!;):D

If you make it to London you'd be very welcome to join us all in the bar for our get together.

Rob

Rob, its not like the bar in the Chaumberg Hyatt is a lonely place during the week leading up to the OTSN.;)

Rob, its not like the bar in the Chaumberg Hyatt is a lonely place during the week leading up to the OTSN.;)

You just need a party animal like Rob there to liven things up. If his wife ever saw the photos of what he got up to last March.....:eek:

Hmmmm...that's one way of putting it. ;)

Sorry I meant drunken, debauched, lewd. vulgar gathering of misfits and social outcasts!.But despite all that I still think Bob (UK Reb),Simon Jeff and James are nice blokes!:D...DRUNKS but nice blokes!:D:D

Rob

You just need a party animal like Rob there to liven things up. If his wife ever saw the photos of what he got up to last March.....:eek:

We've had Clive and the Nevilles, so, Simon, if you, Kevin and Rob joined us it would be a bigger and better British invasion than the Beatles!:D:p

I can imagine mate;).Hope to make it one day.

She said she was a member of staff and it was all part of 'room service'!:eek::D;)

Rob

We've had Clive and the Nevilles, so, Simon, if you, Kevin and Rob joined us it would be a bigger and better British invasion than the Beatles!:D:p

Will definintely make it to one of these Louis sounds a lot of fun,I hear Tony is in training right now so its just a sweet Sherry for him;)

Rob

She said she was a member of staff and it was all part of 'room service'!:eek::D;)

Rob

And you never inhaled either? ;)

One day, before I turn my toes up, I will make it there. Just got to convince the wife it's a good idea. That may take a little time.....:rolleyes:

And then, there's the flight across the Atlantic with the aforementioned company. Hour after hour of trying to keep Rob off the in flight G&Ts and air stewardess' and a 6 hour Monty Python recital from Kevin. It's enough to make a grown man weep.:eek:

There you go mate.
Chicago, back home, couple of months of frantic saving, then hit London in December! :)

One day, before I turn my toes up, I will make it there. Just got to convince the wife it's a good idea. That may take a little time.....:rolleyes:

And then, there's the flight across the Atlantic with the aforementioned company. Hour after hour of trying to keep Rob off the in flight G&Ts and air stewardess' and a 6 hour Monty Python recital from Kevin. It's enough to make a grown man weep.:eek:

:D:D

And only the thought of the slap up dinner at Louis's club to keep you going!;):D

Rob

I am laughing so hard as I type this that I might fall off my chair!:D:D:D And you tell that to youth today and they won't believe you . . . :p

The place was under construction last year so the bar was outside in the tent with the dining room. You didn't notice half the collectors disappearing there randomly throughout the week?:rolleyes::D:p

They were probably getting up Dutch courage to tell their wives they'd purchased the Figarti shock and awe;)

Rob

They were probably getting up Dutch courage to tell their wives they'd purchased the Figarti shock and awe;)

Rob

That's funny. There were 3 landing craft on display and for sale immediately after the Figarti lunch. Louis said to me he had to find a way to get one but couldn't justify the price - he was almost feverish. :D Another, older collector who could easily afford the purchase told me he was going to buy one with all of the AFVs on it, but wanted his wife to see it. In less than 5 minutes, Louis was back having completed a trade for one of the landing craft. The other collector returned with his wife a few minutes later but was too late - he was heartbroken because all 3 landing craft had been sold in what seemed like 10 minutes.:eek::cool:

Terry

What dates is the Gettysburg show held on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back