King Tiger Opinions? Comments (2 Viewers)

It is my opinion that the older KC K2 is too underscale when compared to the new KC K2. I do not believe they will work together in a dio. The old K2 is shorter, narrower, and not as tall and it is quite noticeable when the two are side by side. In fact, the old K2 is more correct size-wise to a correct scale Panther. That said, one could always "hide" the old K2 in the back of a dio or have it stand alone. -- lancer

IMG_1988.jpg

IMG_1989.jpg

Okay my first dealings with photobucket/digital camera and as you can tell I'm not as good as some forum members.Anyways I had not recalled anyone taking pictures of all three King's for comparison sake.First thing I noticed with the new King Tiger is it's weight.Much heavier and if I had a scale I would post the difference. I like the new King and in no way is the paint scheme on the pink side.Like others have mentioned missing track links are lacking especially with the holders present.Crew are very nice and my tank riders are on the way.The other few pic's are the new K&C King Tiger compared to Dragon 1/35 and than a Dragon 1/72 King Tiger.
Enjoy!It's a cold slow day here in NC.

Thanks for these excellent comparison pictures. I particularly like Tiger 332 which appears to be from 3rd company 503rd schwere Panzer Abteilung (3./s.H.Pz.Abt.503) as it looked in Mailly le Camp, France July 1944 (Porsche Turm). Now those are good representations of RAL 8017 and 6003. :cool:

IMG_1988.jpg

IMG_1989.jpg

IMG_1990.jpg

IMG_1991.jpg

IMG_1992.jpg

IMG_1993.jpg

IMG_1994.jpg

Okay my first dealings with photobucket/digital camera and as you can tell I'm not as good as some forum members.Anyways I had not recalled anyone taking pictures of all three King's for comparison sake.First thing I noticed with the new King Tiger is it's weight.Much heavier and if I had a scale I would post the difference. I like the new King and in no way is the paint scheme on the pink side.Like others have mentioned missing track links are lacking especially with the holders present.Crew are very nice and my tank riders are on the way.The other few pic's are the new K&C King Tiger compared to Dragon 1/35 and than a Dragon 1/72 King Tiger.
Enjoy!It's a cold slow day here in NC.

i must say fullyauto, you have a collection there i dream of every nite..the winter 88, the winter tiger, the winter hanomag,pak 40, maybe one of these days i'll only be so lucky:rolleyes::rolleyes:...sammy

my tiger arrived today iam very happy with the tank only to nitpick the commanders totenkopf on his cap is a silver dot while the guy with the map has a totenkopf (deaths head on his cap),also the tank riders are top notch i must say.the brochures dont do them justice.

Saw it today at the local shop. A very impressive looking beast. The size difference is the first thing you notice. The one downside is the track/wheel detail. Better than the prior version, but it still has bit of that melted look. At this price, I think most collectors would expect it to be closer to the Figarti/HB level. Otherwise quite nice. Real sticker shock with the new x-mas release. I didn't realize that was $145!!!!!!! Yikes.

my tiger arrived today iam very happy with the tank only to nitpick the commanders totenkopf on his cap is a silver dot while the guy with the map has a totenkopf (deaths head on his cap),also the tank riders are top notch i must say.the brochures dont do them justice.

Can you compare the riders to the older tank riders that are still listed (BBG9=003)? I know you get four figures with the older set, but can you comment on quality differences?

Can you compare the riders to the older tank riders that are still listed (BBG9=003)? I know you get four figures with the older set, but can you comment on quality differences?
no i havent got the older tank riders so i dont really know how they stack up against the latest set,but i wish there was at least 3 more to sit on the tiger,love to see more releashed because the quality is really high.

I really like this tank and am definitely getting one, but I just have one suggestion. Concerning future tanks, can Andy please make some crews that are in action, maybe have the commander pointing and shouting? It just would make for better combat diorama scenarios.

I really like this tank and am definitely getting one, but I just have one suggestion. Concerning future tanks, can Andy please make some crews that are in action, maybe have the commander pointing and shouting? It just would make for better combat diorama scenarios.

I completely agree that there is a need for this. I am always torn between creating a setting of tanks and troops on the move and tanks in battle. We need both. I don't think I have ever seen this, but I kind of wish someone would give buyers a choice of buying crews of either type when they get a tank. Kind of like what some manufacturers offer with the different camo choices.

Yea - I have always like the "CREW IDEA" - have a box set of four different crew members for a tank would be a great set to have.

These tanks could then be used in different times of the year in displays - I would think the cost - price point - would be low enough to take a chance on the item.

I think that a series of action crew members would be fantastic as well. HOWEVER--based on what I've tried to do with my own different crews, it would be very difficult to do. Andy would probably want to have crews that would work for almost all the German armored vehicles (more sales that way). The problem there is that each turret hatch is set at a different depth. I wanted to swap crews between my the first KT and the new one, and it won't work--their arms don't sit correctly. It's not possible to swap most crew members out. If Andy made a set of "action" crew members, he would have to tailor them to individual vehicles. That makes it much harder to sell them.

While the need for customized crews is a good idea, why not consider providing turrets with no numbers and a decal sheet to allow self-customizing as well? This could allow platoons or whatever to be built up and KC would then be selling multiples of a vehicle whereas only one would be bought by a collector normally. -- lancer

While the need for customized crews is a good idea, why not consider providing turrets with no numbers and a decal sheet to allow self-customizing as well? This could allow platoons or whatever to be built up and KC would then be selling multiples of a vehicle whereas only one would be bought by a collector normally. -- lancer

Another good idea. I am not sure how feasible any of this is from a production/sales standpoint, but a custom line that included figures made to fit in a variety of hatches and means for collectors to further customize their vehicles sure would appeal to many collectors.

Got my King tiger & for £200.00 it very poor & I've already sold it on
Tank does not look right seating on it tracks :(

A late response to this thread-we've been spending time with our son in NY prior to his deployment to Afghanistan (10th Mtn Div). He's now 'in theater' and I'm getting around to opening some goodies-great therapy for a nervous dad (lol). Anyway, I truly like this tank, its paint job and the new tank rider set. Yes, it was costly, but I'm happy with it.
A few observations:
1. Some loose spare tank treads that could've been arranged on the turret mounted track brackets would've been nice. Including them 'loose' would allow us to customize the look of each of our tanks.
2. Loose tow cables would be nice as well (accessory kit maybe?).
3. I like the idea of options that would allow us to customize the vehicle numbers for multiple purchases.
4. How about some winter FJ tank riders (or infantry) as a future BBG release ?
5. I like the idea of a 'loose' set of panzer crew offered. I bet a 'common' figure length could be designed that would work with most KC tanks.
Just my 'two cents'...

Thanks Chuck, I'll do just that. We're lucky as he's got pretty good phone access until they deploy out to build their 'FOB' in January.

A late response to this thread-we've been spending time with our son in NY prior to his deployment to Afghanistan (10th Mtn Div). He's now 'in theater' and I'm getting around to opening some goodies-great therapy for a nervous dad (lol). Anyway, I truly like this tank, its paint job and the new tank rider set. Yes, it was costly, but I'm happy with it.
A few observations:
1. Some loose spare tank treads that could've been arranged on the turret mounted track brackets would've been nice. Including them 'loose' would allow us to customize the look of each of our tanks.
2. Loose tow cables would be nice as well (accessory kit maybe?).
3. I like the idea of options that would allow us to customize the vehicle numbers for multiple purchases.
4. How about some winter FJ tank riders (or infantry) as a future BBG release ?
5. I like the idea of a 'loose' set of panzer crew offered. I bet a 'common' figure length could be designed that would work with most KC tanks.
Just my 'two cents'...

Best to your son and your family

Got my King tiger & for £200.00 it very poor & I've already sold it on
Tank does not look right seating on it tracks :(

I also was a bit disappointed with the new king tiger.....As I stated at the start of this thread, I DO NOT consider it a poor model and would not discourage its' purchase...... but I was exspecting alot more detail and subtle weathering.....especially as the cost of this model is higher.....It is still my opinion that the king tiger is a bit of a step back in comparison to the Tunsian Tiger and the desert Panzer IV which were both excellent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back