Kursk Tiger CS0631 (1 Viewer)

Private
Has anyone else picked up the last Tiger Wittmann at Kursk from TCS, I received mine friday looked nice! Except for one thing the turret would not fit into the hull the peg's on the turret was too big,after some filing on the square peg's in would set down. But then the turret would NOT turn! So out come's the dremel after some grinding and dust a few try's to turn the turret it Finally TURNED in the hull. Anyone else have this problem?

I had the same exact problem, about a week ago. I returned the one i had, to Brian at Collectors Showcase, and exchanged it for an older King Tiger. I'm interested in one of the recent winter Tigers, and am wondering if those have a likely-hood of having the same problem.

I hope this isn't a sign of what kind of workmanship we should expect!

Another CS quality issue - not good at all. This can completely turn you away from their line.

Another CS quality issue - not good at all. This can completely turn you away from their line.

Your right! The earlier offering's were alot better in every aspect! Quality issue's! Even Ray Charles can see Quality Control for TCS product's need to be better!

Its why I don't buy CS now bar the very odd purchase of figures of combat troops and, LAH troops (thankfully, the LAH troops quality has remained) Scale and quality has dropped on AFV's, buildings(the newer berlin building had a distinctly plastic feel to it) and troops IMO.

This forum loves the apples and oranges comparison as its used by many but, in terms of CS older and newer releases its accurate as there is a marked difference in quality from the first Tigers alone to what has been recently released.

Shame really!
Mitch

It's unfortunate because they really make some nice pieces. I was just looking at some of the CS images in the Irvine/West Coaster show. I really like CS vehicles but even the best customer service does not make up for ongoing quality issues. I hope that it gets better before more turn away from the maker.

I stop buying CS AFVs after issue with the track on my Normandy Sherman, and they made me paying the shipping cost to send back the defective hull/track. Now I only buy FL , Figarti & TG products.

I stop buying CS AFVs after issue with the track on my Normandy Sherman, and they made me paying the shipping cost to send back the defective hull/track. Now I only buy FL , Figarti & TG products.

I know what you mean, I had a damaged King & Country WW I Dr7 tail section was broken off that I purchased from Treefrog Treasures I spoke with Julie and a new Dr7 was on the way with a UPS return Lable no cost to me.
I purchase most of my item's K&C,TGM,JJD,Figarti from treefrog you don't have a problem a damaged collectible is damaged period. Thinking about it Treefrog doesn't carry TCS line maybe because of this kind of problem with the products!

Not sure this is the reason. If not stocking a manufacturer is down to poor products or damage to items then TF would not stock Figarti for paint flaking and damage. I think there were reasons why I recall they don't but, that's another story.

Not sure broken items is the concern here as all companies suffer from this to varying degrees.
Mitch

I know what you mean, I had a damaged King & Country WW I Dr7 tail section was broken off that I purchased from Treefrog Treasures I spoke with Julie and a new Dr7 was on the way with a UPS return Lable no cost to me.
I purchase most of my item's K&C,TGM,JJD,Figarti from treefrog you don't have a problem a damaged collectible is damaged period. Thinking about it Treefrog doesn't carry TCS line maybe because of this kind of problem with the products!

Not sure this is the reason. If not stocking a manufacturer is down to poor products or damage to items then TF would not stock Figarti for paint flaking and damage. I think there were reasons why I recall they don't but, that's another story.

Not sure broken items is the concern here as all companies suffer from this to varying degrees.
Mitch

I think some people find it distressing paying the price for the collectable and then either having to spend time to correct the damage or spending more money to send it back for a replacement which should have been done correctly from the factory before getting to the collector. This hobby is getting more costly as time goes on and money to continue collecting is getting harder to choose which one will be you the most enjoyment or disappointment. TCS seem's to have a serious quality issue that people are questioning.I guess if I was selling collectable from any manufacture i'd want one's that had a good product, one that I didn't have alot of unhappy collector's calling me to return them. Cost money out of my pocket!

Last edited:
This really really sucks! I think Brian needs to go back to his OLD China shop for manufacturing. The one he is using is not making Quality miniatures. I personally was very very upset about the LAH brown shirts DR. Lay & Wilhelm Bruchner the sculpts where **** compared to the Hitler office diorama figures. Go back Brian go back! Look at the figure in the old 007 tiger and the new SO4 winter tiger and you can see the difference in the sculpts. That is what has bushed me away from TCS. Lets hope it all comes to gather.

I think some people find it distressing paying the price for the collectable and then either having to spend time to correct the damage or spending more money to send it back for a replacement which should have been done correctly from the factory before getting to the collector.
Absolutely correct, esp. when you're spending $200+ on a tank to sit on a shelf. They're not remote control, few pieces move, no excuse in my book. On the flip side, I can buy a moving vehicle with lots of "bells and whistles" at a less expensive price. Rather, CS has a reputation for historically accurate vehicles and "museum quality" that appeals to us. It's a lot harder to bring the reputation up once it goes down.

Lets hope it all comes to gather.
I do hope it turns around.

Its why I don't buy CS now bar the very odd purchase of figures of combat troops and, LAH troops (thankfully, the LAH troops quality has remained) Scale and quality has dropped on AFV's, buildings(the newer berlin building had a distinctly plastic feel to it) and troops IMO.

This forum loves the apples and oranges comparison as its used by many but, in terms of CS older and newer releases its accurate as there is a marked difference in quality from the first Tigers alone to what has been recently released.

Shame really!
Mitch

Agree 100%.
My Arnhem and Winter Tigers are superb. The issues with the new releases are troubling.
Brian's customer service is first rate but the less you need it, the better.
I hope they correct their QC problems because I really want a Pershing when they come out.

I put this question of why Treefrog does not carry CS products, a couple of years ago. And Treefrog said pretty much They just decided not to. Since then I stopped Buying CS ( had a feeling), And been buying Mostly First Legion, Occasionally KC and Figarti.

I have the new winter Tiger and whilst the turret was a little stiff I did not have to do any grinding. I would tell you if I did. Everyone makes mistakes. and there have been a few. Sometimes when you think outside the box you get issues. Patience is needed. The new PzKw III s should be as$ kickers. I did get a pre-production sample and there was a part broken off. Brian is taking care of it. Here is the rub you guys. If you want a scale model without having to build it parts are going to break. I build scale models too. I built a BR86 for a collector in Florida. The build cost him over $1,100 US. Plus the cost of the model it took 6-8 weeks to build it. The tank cost $179? Do the math guys.... If I built a Tiger for you guys it would cost you about $750 plus the model. Looked at a Dragon 1/35 kit lately? About $100 . Perspective gentleman, perspective.{sm0}{sm0}

KV...

Apologies but, I just don't agree. I await the Panzer III to see what its like but, the fact that they are $179 or £125 is neither here nor there. It seems to be a statement that as they are priced well they can be some form of trade off for broken parts or, inaccuracy or poor workmanship all of which are issues many are having.

We are not really talking about inventing the wheel here to get a turret to fit right on every model or a myriad of other issues. I also build a substantial amount of models for people and repaint and convert things in many scales but, this really has not much to do with it. That is like saying well, a commission will cost a lot these don't so just put up with it. perspective has little to do with it. $179/£125 or £1000/£1250 makes no difference.

No collector who buys from a hobby that makes pre built pre painted items should have to do touch up's mend broken parts or have any of the others things mentioned greet them when they open a box.

I think perspective is definitely needed but, not where we gleefully accept things that are either not right or substandard for any price.

This applies to all manufacturers
Mitch

Mitch

There's bias and then there is bias. The fact is that many of the long time, serious collectors have met the producers at toy shows, have personal relationships, provide model advice and even get some freebies. But there is a big difference between support for a manufacturer and blatant bias that misleads other collectors. I know KV personally for several years and have not seen him promoting CS any more than any one of the many supporters of CS models.

Terry

I do not collect CS vehicles and my only significant experience with CS is that I had a friend's CS Romans (which I really liked) in my cabinets while he built his new house. But am I right in saying that CS builds good models at a good price but they might have a few isloated (depending on your point of view) issues with quality control? Could that be the core issue - some manufacturers are criticised for price hikes to maintain or improve quality while CS have sought to control prices by experimenting with cost saving options, some of which have been problematic? Are some of us a bit like Goldilocks - one bed is too hard and the other too soft?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back