la haye sainte farm dio (1 Viewer)

nigelhaywood123

Private 2
Hi guys.
Another thread re my new favourite dio manufacturer - foamscenes, from right here in our own backyard in the UK.

The eagerly awaited la haye sainte farm dio has finally arrived!
and I have to say from pictures looks truly magnificent. A stunning piece of work and credit to the model builder, very well done.
The smaller detail looks terrific!!
Is 2nd of these produced, with 1st going to French collector.

Is a 7 pieces set in foam, but the piece that realy does take my eye is the main gateway with piggery.
I would fancy this piece to be used in many different dio's, especially ww2 French or European scenes.
I also particulary like the farmhouse with its doors and windows. Heck, I realy like it all!! :D:D;);)

Possibilities re individual pieces for the poorer like me.
I've got in contact with, and discussed at length via several email correspondence, with very helpful proprietor/model builder Ashley Gill.
Advising me will be producing individually from mouldings at some stage.
Is great news, for someone as myself with only a very meagre budget available... can't wait!

Taking in to account the quality and detail, the size and number of pieces etc, and also bearing in mind that the superb JG miniatures Hougoumont dio would set you back well over a grand, I do actually think is very well and realistically priced at under half that, at under £500 delivered (for us in the UK anyway).
Would imagine then, is probably a bargain at this price especially going by the other pieces I have bought from already.
This said, is still a touch too high for me, and will have to wait and build up gradually piece by piece :(:(:(

I tried to sneak a little more info from, re any more upcoming new dios, without much luck.
but I'm sure will be bringing out more fantastic pieces at some stage soon.
Invited him here, in to the forum, to discuss any more with us all. Be great to see him here sometime.

GREAT WORK
Nigel :)

forgot to mention, did also send me few extra pictures of, besides those showing in the foamscenes.com website.
Maybe will also be seeing reviewed in TS&MF and TSC magazines again. Hope so, would be good to see!

also, be great to see loaded up with figures?? I hope whoever buys will post some pictures of in forum, or anywhere, for us all to see in action.

coming next ???

Isandlwana Hill.... sounds interesting.
look forward to seeing this one later on.

although I'm not really into zulu wars, hopefully could feature within other different period dio???? for me anyway.
besides, I'm sure rorkes drift buildings could have had many other usage within different period

coming next ???

Isandlwana Hill.... sounds interesting.
look forward to seeing this one later on.

although I'm not really into zulu wars, hopefully could feature within other different period dio???? for me anyway.
besides, I'm sure rorkes drift buildings could have had many other usage within different period

That does sounds interesting, will have to watch for that and also of course depending on price. Be good timing for all of the new Isandlwana releases from WB.

starting to have regrets now! and first sleepless night last night..
I think I made big mistake and should have taken the plunge.
my bottle went, and lost out bigtime !!!! :(:(:(:(

That does sounds interesting, will have to watch for that and also of course depending on price. Be good timing for all of the new Isandlwana releases from WB.

Hi britfarmer
Have seen in the website, have you?. What do you think??
I think looks ok. foliage looks good but not sure on size? i'm thinking maybe a little small.
Suppose is quite big in the sense of miniature model-making, but thought was perhaps going to be actual hill also. Is moreso just rockface at top of hill??
This said is still quite good. suppose with hill also would be massive and maybe just too big to produce with?
often in touch with them but have not commented on just yet. Will ask them a bit about later on.
thanks
Nigel

Nigel,
Thanks for posting those pictures; that is spectacular, what a bargain for about 600.00 US, a steal really........beautiful stuff, hope he does more down the road...

Regards,
George

Hi britfarmer
Have seen in the website, have you?. What do you think??
I think looks ok. foliage looks good but not sure on size? i'm thinking maybe a little small.
Suppose is quite big in the sense of miniature model-making, but thought was perhaps going to be actual hill also. Is moreso just rockface at top of hill??
This said is still quite good. suppose with hill also would be massive and maybe just too big to produce with?
often in touch with them but have not commented on just yet. Will ask them a bit about later on.
thanks
Nigel

Yes I did see and it looks and impressive piece, just not sure if it is quite right (shape wise) for Isandlwana. To me it looks more like it belongs along the coast of British Columbia. Perhaps to much greenery? I agree about the size, I think it would be impractical to make a proper scale replica.

Yes I did see and it looks and impressive piece, just not sure if it is quite right (shape wise) for Isandlwana. To me it looks more like it belongs along the coast of British Columbia. Perhaps to much greenery? I agree about the size, I think it would be impractical to make a proper scale replica.

Yes I know what you mean about shape of it, although maybe some of that could just be the pics and camera angles etc. I think is ok but just getting small feeling is just something missing?? maybe its the hill, or maybe its just me. have had few looks in website and trying to visualise into another dio I might be able to incorporate into. Dont know just yet, will keep thinking over.

thanks

Nigel,
Thanks for posting those pictures; that is spectacular, what a bargain for about 600.00 US, a steal really........beautiful stuff, hope he does more down the road...

Regards,
George

Absolutely fantastic George, and for me I think was steal also (if you've got some spare cash)
When can afford will commission one also, or hopefully they making in pieces to collect from moulding?? and will get this way.. one piece at a time.
I am sure they will continue and making many more. Would have very high hopes for them.
The pieces I have had are quality pieces. I think is only just appearing into this hobby and already is certainly producing quality pieces already on par and even better than most other manuafacturers already producing...absolutely definitely!
Maybe I am biased been from UK and them in our backyard for a change. Is definitely my new favourite scenery makers for sure. Can easily forsee great future for.

We discussing very same in messages with my good freind Mitch also.

thanks
nigel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back