Lancer (1 Viewer)

wwiibuff

Registered Member
I was saddened to read in John Jenkins post this morning that Al or "Lancer" here on the forum has passed away. Although I did not know Al personally, I truly enjoyed our conversations here on the forum. Our mutual like of airplanes and especially those of the JJD Knights of the Skies line led to many comments/discussions. I will miss our interactions here ont he forum and wish I could have met him in person. RIP Al/"Lancer"

There had been a thread started by Sammy but somehow it didn’t survive the update.

As I mentioned then there was no one more knowledgeable about WWI, particularly its antecedents and causes.

Aw man, terrible news!!! I had exchanged several emails with Al over the years. He was a super guy and a fellow Orioles fan. We got along great. His contributions to the forum were always good.

RIP Al....we'll all miss you!!

Al was a great guy. One of my favorites on this forum. His enthusiasm and knowledge of WWI aircraft, book collecting, and DC/Baltimore sports scene. All that will be sadly missed. My condolences to his family members.

Al was a knowledgeable toy soldier collector and a huge DC sports fan.

I will miss his Nats and Washington Football Team posts in the chat lounge.

This very sad news. I recently thought about posting a MIA thread regarding Al as he had not posted on the baseball thread in a couple of months, quite unusual for him. Al and I attended University of Maryland at the same time although having 35K students, we never met. We often commiserated about our beloved Terps and Baltimore Colts. As mentioned above, Al knew more about WWI aviation than anyone I knew. He will be missed. RIP.

Al's daughter contacted me back in May when he passed, but she was thinking of posting on here herself so I did not want to take that from her. I'll contact her again in case she would like to read.

Julie

Al's daughter contacted me back in May when he passed, but she was thinking of posting on here herself so I did not want to take that from her. I'll contact her again in case she would like to read.

Julie
She may appreciate our Best Wishes.
Let's hope he's flying an old plane in Heaven.
Deserved Repose.
Paddy

So sorry to hear about Lancer/Al, a long term forum member who will be missed. One of the few that believed the Pacific War did not receive the recognition it deserved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back