Last Christmas (1 Viewer)

The Military Workshop

1st Lieutenant
Have not put up a movie review for a while but this is more a public service announcement.

I have to admit I am a sucker for good Christmas movies and am a Love Actually fan. The Christmas movie with Kurt Russell on Netflix last year was also good fun.

I had heard a radio interview the other day and reference was made to Love Actually when talking about Last Christmas. I should sue for false advertising as not even close. Then again the guy making the comment was the Director !

Basically Emilia Clarke (Dragon Lady from Game of Thrones) plays a bit of a klutz who works in a Christmas shop. Relationships not her strong point. Her boss is Michelle Yeoh (mother in law from Crazy Rich Asians). Emma Thompson plays her mother. The love interest is Henry Golding (the boyfriend from CRA).

Clarke spends a lot of time wearing elf clothes and is cute and quirky. She calls her boss Santa. There is some humour but there is a twist to the story that I found silly to say the least. A "what the" moment when it is revealed.

All the music is from Wham or George Michael.

I was disappointed and can't honestly recommend it. No more than a 5/10 and might be better to wait for Netflix to get it if you are curious.

Partial to A Christmas Story and Nightmare Before Christmas, after all, who doesn't love Sandy Claws?:wink2: -- Al

Have not put up a movie review for a while but this is more a public service announcement.

I have to admit I am a sucker for good Christmas movies and am a Love Actually fan. The Christmas movie with Kurt Russell on Netflix last year was also good fun.

I had heard a radio interview the other day and reference was made to Love Actually when talking about Last Christmas. I should sue for false advertising as not even close. Then again the guy making the comment was the Director !

Basically Emilia Clarke (Dragon Lady from Game of Thrones) plays a bit of a klutz who works in a Christmas shop. Relationships not her strong point. Her boss is Michelle Yeoh (mother in law from Crazy Rich Asians). Emma Thompson plays her mother. The love interest is Henry Golding (the boyfriend from CRA).

Clarke spends a lot of time wearing elf clothes and is cute and quirky. She calls her boss Santa. There is some humour but there is a twist to the story that I found silly to say the least. A "what the" moment when it is revealed.

All the music is from Wham or George Michael.

I was disappointed and can't honestly recommend it. No more than a 5/10 and might be better to wait for Netflix to get it if you are curious.

You lost me at Wham and that freak who sung for them {sm4}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back