Lazer Bond Glue? (1 Viewer)

Marchand

Private
I saw this on TV and wondered if anyone had tried it on their plastic figures for conversions, etc. Allegedly the liquid will only harden after the lazer is applied to it. I am reminded of the Goldfinger scene with Sean Connery!

Is this stuff any good?

Sounds like something my dentist uses, the glue only sets after they put a UV light on it.

I think it may not work on polyethelene ( I beleive that is basically plastic toy soldier material ) I looked it up online in the past so I'am just going by memory right now ( I don't have time to check right now ) I wouldn't get my hopes up,but I can't say for sure !

Mark

I too am interested in its use with our hobby. I looked around for reviews, and found what i think is the same stuff on Amazon. "Bontic", which looks identical to "5 Second Fix", another product nearly identical with Lazer Bond. As stated, similar, or exactly what your Dentist uses, UV light to activate, or "weld" cure the bonding agent that sets a tooth permanently (hopefully) in your mouth. It's really not glue, no stickiness, forgiving, more like a liquid plastic, that after being exposed to UV light, fixes, hardens in place. On Amazon you can read the reviews, most very positive. I think it can be very useful.

I'll stick with my Gorilla Super Glue.
Don't sell this short, if this stuff works close to as stated, it will be a boon for repairing, mending, attaching smaller bits without a large build up. I will stick with the Loctite gel for bonding limbs, but have hopes this will be good for repairing cracks, small flat parts that would otherwise require reinforcement, say, pins, post that has broken, swords, items like that

An update on the Lazer glue.

I am converting some 1/32 HaT Marching Bavarians to 1812 French Line Grenadiers. The uniforms of the Bavarians are almost identical to the Bardin ones of the French army. The look is also very similar to US Marines of the War of 1812. I use ATKM metal shako heads, the oilskin covered ones, and the movement trays with the wood stands.

After cutting off the heads of the Bavarians, I drill a hole in the neck. Fill the hole with a little of the glue, insert the head, and lazer light it. Same for attaching the pompom to the shako. Put a little glue on the back prong and attach the knapsack and lazer it. Put a bead of glue around the bottom of the base and attach it to wooden stand and lazer it.

The glue comes in a small tube with a metal needle like applicator and the light is in a plastic holder which is stored on the tube of glue.

Unlike the super glues and the 2 part epoxies, there is little mess or trouble.

I highly recommend it.

Sounds like something my dentist uses, the glue only sets after they put a UV light on it.

Plastic is a poor word to use in this topic.
First off, there is hard plastic which is really styrene plastic. This is what model airplanes, tanks and Historex type figures are made from

Is the Lazer Glue good for this type of plastic?

Next we have soft plastic figures like Marx. Early Marx figures were made out out all different "plastics". Rubber, Vinyl and polyethylene were all used here.
Later Marx, Matchbox, Airfix and all other soft plastic figure makers switched to polypropylene, which is what most people mean when they say plastic figures.

Me personally I want to know if the glue will work on polypropylene which is the majority of what I collect.

There is also the Conte, TSSD and a few other that use a new compound which is more heavy duty than polypropylene.
SuperGlue gels seem to work very well on these type plastic figures. I wonder if the Lazer is better.

I am interested in this and wonder if anyone has experimented with it. If I see it for sale in a store, I'll buy it and try it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back