Let's Talk Crusaders (1 Viewer)

S

sceic2

OK. We've been talking WWII to death and I think it's time to have a thread about those wonderful and totally awesome Crusader figures and siege weapons.

Here's a topic for discussion. There are 40 Crusaders (including the special limited dealer's editions) and 21 Saracens. And the Crusaders outnumber the Muslems in terms of mounted warriors as well 7 to 4.

Saladin is out numbered and that usually was not the case in historic terms. Sooooooo, we need more of those colorful Muslem warriors, maybe half-and-half mounted and foot. Plus the Crusaders need more seige weapons like a trebuchet, an onager, a mangonel, and a siege engine battering ram.

Am I alone in my thoughts :confused: I think not :rolleyes:

Perhaps, in addition to a DRAGON WAGON and a BEDFORD LORRY (see I managed to get them in dispite the topic:rolleyes:), we could convince Andy to produce more Crusaders in '08 :cool::)

Andy mentioned doing a Trebuchet when the Crusade series was first unveiled at the 2006 Chicago Show. I would also like to see more seige engines, as well as the castle pieces Andy previously discussed, but Andy can take it as slow as he likes . . . my credit card needs time to cool off!

I like the idea of more muslems, i think andy should create 30 more, 5 mounted, 5 dead or dyeing, and 20 fighting

I for one am totally sold on this line. The painting and the detail are amazing. As I 'culled the herd' this year to make room for some new lines, I didn't even consider selling off crusaders or saracens.
I hope it's selling well and continues to grow.

OK. We've been talking WWII to death and I think it's time to have a thread about those wonderful and totally awesome Crusader figures and siege weapons.

Here Here!!!

I don't collect this line but I do think they are really neat figures. Still though, would love to see a Bannockburn 1314 release in the future- hey, a fella can dream right????:D

Mandi's got the MK Crusader area of our new showroom set up and it looks awesome! Can't wait til all the shelves are filled and we can give you all a video tour of the new place. The display manages to fit in the JG Miniatures tower and walls and things to really make it pop but unfortunately there was no room for the catapault so maybe some smaller seige weapons may be in order...(although a Bedford Lorry would look a bit out of place ;))

Here Here!!!

I don't collect this line but I do think they are really neat figures. Still though, would love to see a Bannockburn 1314 release in the future- hey, a fella can dream right????:D

Yes!!! I would like a Bannockburn 1314 and Robert the Bruce release too!

But i think the number of Muslims is ok! What we realy need is more templars, templars, templars!:) in white mantle and tunic and the beautiful red cross! YES, YES!, YES!

Though I don't collect K&C's Crusader line, I do like them a lot. I have all of K&C's Nap line and I have started collecting some K&C AWI and John Jenkins.

Have you guys seen the new "Ready 2 Show" figures from Seil Models? Andrea Miniatures did this first. Nice figures. Still pricey. 54mm. $197 each.

Knight Hospitaller 1275
SMCP54019.jpg

Crusader, Kingdom of Jerusalem, 12th Century
SMCP54020.jpg

Here Here!!!

I have this picture in our family room. It is awesome. Bannockburn would be a great line.

bannockburn.jpg

Robert the Bruce on the first day of Bannockburn. I have this also in my family room. Great pic.

In Single combat.jpg

Here is my 90mm knight painted as William de Bohun.
William-de-Bohun1.jpg

Maybe we can get K&C to do Richard the Lionheart in his heraldry that he used during the Crusades. A fairly good representation below.

5311.jpg

Oh I love the CRUSADERS !!

Yes - More Muslims would be good - but, I havent starting buying the new ones...do you hear me Santa Claus ??? ;)

My biggest regret right now is the "Castle Situation" - I really dont want to invest in the JG Castle (which is very nice and I love it) - if Andy is going to come out with his own Castle. This starts getting expensive when you go buying all the stuff - you know?

I do love the line and still need to get more figures from the first release - hard to do all these K&C Lines at one time - ugh ! :eek:

I would really like to see some Templars too !! :)

Oh I love the CRUSADERS !!

Yes - More Muslims would be good - but, I havent starting buying the new ones...do you hear me Santa Claus ??? ;)

My biggest regret right now is the "Castle Situation" - I really dont want to invest in the JG Castle (which is very nice and I love it) - if Andy is going to come out with his own Castle. This starts getting expensive when you go buying all the stuff - you know?

I do love the line and still need to get more figures from the first release - hard to do all these K&C Lines at one time - ugh ! :eek:

I would really like to see some Templars too !! :)

Have you considered the Barzo Castle? Of course, I'm slightly prejuiced towards it - since I sculpted it. K&C's Crusaders and Saracens look great with the castle. Ron Barzso had some of them displayed in his room on the castle at OTSN. Many metal figure collectors have been acquiring the castle.. A nice feature is, that it's modular..so you can make it as larger as you like.. The first photo has the castle in its smallest configuration - which requires about 27" X 37" of space (not including the extend drawbridge and approach ramp) Anyway I just wanted to throw it out there as a suggestion.

nottinghamCastle01.jpg

robinHood-castle-display02.jpg

otsn2007Display_interior01.jpg

backOfKeepL.jpg

BTW, The only retouching I did on any of the photos was to put in the sky background in the last 3 photos.

Thx,

Jim

I,m not a medeviel guy, but I have the above castle. It ranks right up there with Contes Normandy Church as the best foam piece ever made.
Gary

Wow - Great looking Castle !! :eek:

What is the price for that work of art?

I,m not a medeviel guy, but I have the above castle. It ranks right up there with Contes Normandy Church as the best foam piece ever made.
Gary

Gary

How does it look with the K&C Crusader figures ?? Is the size workable ??

Ron

Visit this site and you will find that you can buy as your budget and designs allow.
http://www.barzso.com/

I already have the JG Miniatures Gate, two walls, and two towers but I am thinking about this one as well.

I think that brazo castle looks awsome! Heres something I found on ebay that would also go nice with the crusades line.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Warrior-Med...ihZ002QQcategoryZ4001QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I saw this second piece at the show in dedham, George from minute men had it on his table and it looked realy nice in person and was a pretty good sized piece but the scale looked realy good. Here is a link to it from the same seller on Ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Medieval-Kn...ihZ002QQcategoryZ1552QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back