"Like" fails with fatal error (1 Viewer)

How do you disable the feature that shows likes, thanks, etc. I find it a tad annoying.

Brad...Asterix....

agreed...I find it annoying too...I deleted mine...this is from Brad's earlier post...

If you don't want to display those counts with the rest of your details in the upper right-hand corner of your posts, it looks like the DBTech-Thanks setting in your Settings controls it.

How do you disable the feature that shows likes, thanks, etc. I find it a tad annoying.

Good question, and I hope this will help everyone:

To disable displaying the counts in the header of my posts, I went to my Settings, via the link at the top of the page:

On my Settings page, I scrolled to the bottom of the page, where the Thanks/Like setting is the last item in the menu:

I chose that menu item and got to the details for those settings:

I think the Postbit Settings governing displaying that block of stats in our posts' headers, so I checked to disable them. When I checked those, those stats did indeed disappear from the headers.

I also checked to disable notifications. I don't know for certain, but intuitively, I expect that those are notifications for every time someone thanks you or likes a post. I don't need those, if that's what that feature is for. I also suspect that Enable Emails would generate an email to me, every time someone thanks or likes one of my posts. I don't need that, either. If I am wrong in my understanding of the Notification and Email settings, I'm sure the admins can correct me.

I was mistaken in my previous comment about disabling the thanks/like feature altogether. After I wrote the earlier post, I noticed that there was no thanks or like link for my post. But after that, I saw that it's still present, on other people's posts. I don't think the Like button was configured that way before, but it makes sense that you can't thank yourself or like your own posts. As far as disabling the feature altogether is concerned, I don't think we can. I think it's enabled forum-wide.

Hope that helps everyone!

Prost!
Brad

I should have everything sorted today. I will turn off notifications and the stats you see in that template.

Thanks

I should have everything sorted today. I will turn off notifications and the stats you see in that template.

Thanks

I don't know if you need to disable it altogether, since it's configurable to the individual users. Some folks may like it.

Prost!
Brad

this new 60 second "wait period"...
before re-posting...
is that Treefrog's internet forum version of the Brady law?
giving us a minute to re-think before we jump down the throat on some trollish comment?
I don't remember it before...
unless the moderators are adamant on keeping it...
I hope you might consider reducing the wait time...
I have important things to say...they just can't be stifled for a whole minute...^&grin...^&grin...^&grin...^&grin...^&grin

this new 60 second "wait period"...

There's always been an interval between posts. Was it shorter before? I hadn't noticed.

Chances are if it's been increased, it's not a deliberate change, but rather, it's a default setting, and in the update, whatever was set before was returned to that default.

Prost!
Brad

Brad...
true...
there has always been a waiting period...
but not this long...
Julie had posted earlier her desire to get this all sorted out...
I thought I might mention this while they are working on it...

Yeah, there's probably a punch list of items to resolve.

I work in application development, as a tester, and there's always something in a deployment of any kind. It seems all we can do is to reduce the number of things to fix, but never eliminate them completely.

Prost!
Brad

Brad...

for real?

I can't believe that with 15,000 posts I just noticed it...

I thought the time span was much less before...

There's always been an interval between posts. Was it shorter before? I hadn't noticed.

Chances are if it's been increased, it's not a deliberate change, but rather, it's a default setting, and in the update, whatever was set before was returned to that default.

Prost!
Brad
I am not sure if you are talking about the time you have to wait before posting another post or if there is some other posting delay you are talking about but that setting has not been changed as far as I know.

Julie...

when I view my "likes"...
it shows 4-5 names...

and then it says "5 others"...

when I click on the "5 others" link...
it won't allow me to access it...

Is this still an issue? Can you please provide a link to the thread in question so I can check this?

I am not sure if you are talking about the time you have to wait before posting another post or if there is some other posting delay you are talking about but that setting has not been changed as far as I know.

The interval between making another post.

Forum Guy...

I was referring to the time I am allowed to post...
after I just finished posting...

a pop up comes up that the software is telling me that I can't make a second post quickly...
I must wait 60 seconds before I post again...

if I try to post after that message...
after 40 seconds...
it will tell me I have to wait 20 more seconds before I can post again...

Forum Guy...

I was referring to the time I am allowed to post...
after I just finished posting...

a pop up comes up that the software is telling me that I can't make a second post quickly...
I must wait 60 seconds before I post again...

if I try to post after that message...
after 40 seconds...
it will tell me I have to wait 20 more seconds before I can post again...
That is just a simple setting. I didn't change it but if the staff and owners want me to adjust it I can do so very easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back