London Toy Soldier Show Pictures June 2018 (1 Viewer)

Gazza

Staff Sergeant
So there is a bright orange thing in the sky that we do not see too often in Blighty so firing up the BBQ, having a beer and watching some WC footie.

So not uploading all the pics here one at a time.

Instead 150+ pics on my Flickr account that is public for you to see.

Either follow the link or go to Flickr and my account is Gazza ID.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsminLsod

Stand outs for me are:

JJD Conquistadors
TM Terrain’s Hartenstein Hotel
TG Carthaginian War Elephant

Feel free to re-post any that you like

Cheers

Gazza

Thanks for taking those photos and sharing them, Gazza!

A great selection of gloss figures, that's great to see! I really like the foxhunt figures-those look to me like Alan Caton sculpts.

The East Hampshires' officers' mess display also caught my eye, as well as the Seven Years War figures. Are those Alexanders Toy Soldiers?

Enjoy the rest of your time at the show! And if you see Matt Murphy, tell him I said "Hi!"

Prost!
Brad

Thanks for the photos Gazza. I've extracted the Conquistadores photos.

IMG_0834.JPG

IMG_0835.JPG

IMG_0836.JPG

Thanks for taking those photos and sharing them, Gazza!

A great selection of gloss figures, that's great to see! I really like the foxhunt figures-those look to me like Alan Caton sculpts.

The East Hampshires' officers' mess display also caught my eye, as well as the Seven Years War figures. Are those Alexanders Toy Soldiers?

Enjoy the rest of your time at the show! And if you see Matt Murphy, tell him I said "Hi!"

Prost!
Brad

Brad

I do not think the officers mess was ATS; it was either an independent seller or asset maybe? Sorry not my area of collecting. Not sure which 7YW figures you mean.

Gazza

PS On the pics

You do not need a Flickr account to view the pictures and there are 2 pages worth.

The close ups of the JJD Conquistadores (especially the cavalry) are at the end of page 2 - just how Flickr uploads them

Cheers

Gazza

Thanks for posting. I liked the Egyptian officer by Redcoat models.
Best wishes.
Benjamin

Brad

I do not think the officers mess was ATS; it was either an independent seller or asset maybe? Sorry not my area of collecting. Not sure which 7YW figures you mean.

Gazza

Ah, sorry, I should have split those two observations into separate sentences. You're right, the officers' mess isn't ATS. I've forgotten at the moment who made those figures-they were kits-but I do know it. I'll have to look at some of my old catalogs to refresh my memory. I enjoy seeing those kinds of "open box" dioramas.

The SYW figures began with the photo of the French cuirassiers, who look like the Cuirassiers du Roi. They alone among the French cuirassier regiments adopted bearskin caps. The next couple of photos in your series showed some British cavalry, including horse grenadiers, and infantry from a couple of countries. I think those are from ATS' catalog.

In any case, I'll repeat what I said before-it's great to see all of the gloss figures on display and for sale. Right up my alley ;)

Prost!
Brad

Great pics as always Gazza, many thanks for posting the link - and for the very enjoyable chat!

Cheers,

Roy

Hi,

thanks for the pictures.

Who made the U-boat ? TM Terrain?

JPB

Ah, sorry, I should have split those two observations into separate sentences. You're right, the officers' mess isn't ATS. I've forgotten at the moment who made those figures-they were kits-but I do know it. I'll have to look at some of my old catalogs to refresh my memory. I enjoy seeing those kinds of "open box" dioramas.

The SYW figures began with the photo of the French cuirassiers, who look like the Cuirassiers du Roi. They alone among the French cuirassier regiments adopted bearskin caps. The next couple of photos in your series showed some British cavalry, including horse grenadiers, and infantry from a couple of countries. I think those are from ATS' catalog.

In any case, I'll repeat what I said before-it's great to see all of the gloss figures on display and for sale. Right up my alley ;)

Prost!
Brad
The officer's mess diorama reminded me of a similar piece made by John Firth (beating retreat) a few years ago now and the figures in the most recent diorama look very similar as well. I think they were Rose Miniatures supplied by John Eden studios, but I might be wrong about that.

Prost!
Brad

Hi Brad

Yes those SYW figures were ATS

Glad you like the glossy coverage :)

Gazza

Great pics as always Gazza, many thanks for posting the link - and for the very enjoyable chat!

Cheers,

Roy

Good to see you again Roy and glad to see you made the right decision and started another JJD line. You can never have enough toy soldiers :smile2:

Hi,

thanks for the pictures.

Who made the U-boat ? TM Terrain?

JPB

The u-boat is a large radio control model (not made by TMT).

A collector ask Dave at TMT to weather it as they want to use it as a model.

It is huge 4 ft plus I reckon

Gazza

The British officers mess figures are Ensign,from the 70's.They made a whole series of British officers in mess dress,unpainted kits.

Gazza thanks so much for posting your pictures! Lot’s of nice stuff there!

I have to say that you had a splendid idea!
By loading the pics to Flickr not only is easier than here at the forum, less time consuming and you do not need to resize them....But the quality of the pics is just fantastically better...you can actually see them big!!
Thanks Gazza for posting the pics...
Cheers
Luiz

So there is a bright orange thing in the sky that we do not see too often in Blighty so firing up the BBQ, having a beer and watching some WC footie.

So not uploading all the pics here one at a time.

Instead 150+ pics on my Flickr account that is public for you to see.

Either follow the link or go to Flickr and my account is Gazza ID.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsminLsod

Stand outs for me are:

JJD Conquistadors
TM Terrain’s Hartenstein Hotel
TG Carthaginian War Elephant

Feel free to re-post any that you like

Cheers

Gazza

Doees any one know when Redcoat Models will start trading ( selling ? ) and what is the link to their on-line shop ?
The dead Fuzzy Wizzy are very tempting to complement my Sudan collection....
Cheers
Luiz

Thanks for posting. I liked the Egyptian officer by Redcoat models.
Best wishes.
Benjamin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back