London TSS Show 24th March 2018 Roll Call (1 Viewer)

aujj65

Colonel
Having missed all three of the London shows last year due to family matters, I am determined to go this Saturday and see the new venue for myself.

Any of the usual suspects going? If so it will be great to catch up over a beer at lunch time. :smile2:

I will be taking my camera and hope to give a good coverage of what is offer and the weird and wonderful - again who's going? :tongue:

Any requests for photos of figures etc. add them here during the week and I'll do my best to hunt them down.

Jeff :salute::

Having missed all three of the London shows last year due to family matters, I am determined to go this Saturday and see the new venue for myself.

Any of the usual suspects going? If so it will be great to catch up over a beer at lunch time. :smile2:

I will be taking my camera and hope to give a good coverage of what is offer and the weird and wonderful - again who's going? :tongue:

Any requests for photos of figures etc. add them here during the week and I'll do my best to hunt them down.

Jeff, any news regarding W.Britains would be most appreciated. Photos of JJD items, especially prototypes would be most welcome. Thanking you in advance for your efforts . . .
:smile2: Mike

Hi Jeff,
Unsure at the moment if I can make it or not as wife has had some hospital tests today for possible colon problems so as a result I might not be able to make it this Saturday. Any photos of ATS, Asset and Lt. Legion new releases would therefore very much appreciated.
Many thanks in advance
Regards
Martin (aka acw cavalry).

Hi Jeff, as per my usual LTSS request ..... any and all pictures of the Little Legion tables will be very much appreciated.

Many thanks and all the best. :smile2:

B. :salute::

Jeff

Looking for pictures of Asset, since their catalogue only contains descriptions. Primarily civilian series.

Thanks

Don

Me too! I love asset, but their business model could use some modernization. You have to assume sales would be way better with pictures and online ordering!

Jeff,

can you also take some general pictures of the area inside, so that those of us who haven't attended this location, can get a feeling of what it's like in the new venue??

Also pics of the tables selling old figures because I just love rummaging around in them and finding some long retired figure, and then bring them back home to be restored :)

Thanks,

John

Hi Me too....
Love Asset offerings, but since there are no pictures at their website - catalogue it is hard to choose..so any pics are welcome for those of us that cannot be at the event...
Cheers
Luiz

Me too! I love asset, but their business model could use some modernization. You have to assume sales would be way better with pictures and online ordering!

Hi Me too....
Love Asset offerings, but since there are no pictures at their website - catalogue it is hard to choose..so any pics are welcome for those of us that cannot be at the event...
Cheers
Luiz

KEEP ON TELLING THEM! What we want is an online catalogue WITH PICTURES!

They are excellent products - but you are buying blind from a printed list. jb

It's insanity - it just seems like they don't care about increasing sales
They need a retailer, rather than direct sales, so the retailer can take over marketing and getting the product out there

It's insanity - it just seems like they don't care about increasing sales
They need a retailer, rather than direct sales, so the retailer can take over marketing and getting the product out there

The thing about small manufacturers - both in the Toy Soldier and wargaming markets is that they tend to be just that - small. If you are a one-man or two-man band you may have reached the limit of how much work you can do from regular customers. There is no point in increasing your advertising or producing a flashy website if you generate enough work and income as it currently is.

I have just sold off 7 28mm wargames ranges because I was reaching the limit of work I could do and want to spend more time on Imperial Miniatures going forwards. Not all of us want to employ anyone or expand the business beyond a certain point...

Mike

I can appreciate that. It’s just that in the USA, we have no way to even see their figures. You come on here and show us what you have. It’s very helpful.

I can appreciate that. It’s just that in the USA, we have no way to even see their figures. You come on here and show us what you have. It’s very helpful.

I agree that it can be frustrating as a customer but as a small manufacturer I've often been told that I have no idea how to run my business and that I am an idiot for not advertising more, printing a colour catalogue, etc when the person has no idea on the circumstances behind the business and the personal circumstances of the business owner...

Mike

Thanks for sharing, truly! I will admit I never thought of that side of things. I was just looking at it from the consumer side and was thinking more sales is better. Never took into account the seller might feel I sell what makes me happy and I don’t want to sell more.
Learn everyday on here!!!

Hi Me too....
Cheers
Luiz

Hi guys! Have at look at some Asset toy soldiers. The sets are painted by Asset and the singles by myself. All the marching sets are from the Queen's Coronation parade (Highland regiments, Gurkhas, Bahamas police, Rodesia). The singles are from the Home Front series.
20121128_182148_resized.jpg20121128_181841_resized.jpg20180322_190054_resized.jpg20180322_185856_resized.jpg20180322_185729_Richtone(HDR)_resized.jpg

And finally the NAAFI or YMCA canteen with 5 figures. I will get this as casting to paint it myself.

attachment-18.jpg

Thanks for sharing the photos and well done on the excellent paint job you've done. :salute::

Steve

I get the impression that Asset is concentrating on the WW-2 era. Pity . . . some of their figures from earlier eras were terrific,

Bosun Al

Hi Bosun Al,

That may seem by the selection of pictures we have added to the thread, but do not get mislead by that...
The Asset Catalogue has the most extensive - Victorian Era Colonial and Homefront/Garrison uniformed sets I have ever seem...
Cheers
Luiz

I get the impression that Asset is concentrating on the WW-2 era. Pity . . . some of their figures from earlier eras were terrific,

Bosun Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back