May 1940 pt 3 (1 Viewer)

Horus

Brigadier General
As evening arrives the Section come up on a barn and after checking it out the Corporal decides they'll spend the night there. Luckily a quick search turns up a sack of potatoes, which they boil. But alas no tea to go with it.

The following morning sees them on their way again and the following evening they reach La Panne on the coast of Belgium, close to the border with France and only a few miles from Dunkirk. Finding a lot of activity they manage to get on one of the new LCA's that have just entered service, that are taking troops off the beach there. Trucks turning up there are used to make a pier into the sea for other boats to get in close enough to pick up more troops.

Steve

6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg

Hi Steve

I think that's a really awesome diorama. As you know, this is my favourite kind of stuff... Once again, I ought to say; you're an artist!!! :eek:

Cheers

Enrico

P.S.: I love that barn...I've got the same one....

Steve
That beach scene is terrific.
Chris

Cheers Chris.

Hi Steve

I think that's a really awesome diorama. As you know, this is my favourite kind of stuff... Once again, I ought to say; you're an artist!!! :eek:

Cheers

Enrico

P.S.: I love that barn...I've got the same one....

Cheers Enrico, glad you like it !

Steve

I really love the barrack...Very realistic, the pieces around it....And the many details in it. I also love the ladder paint, also very realistic{sm3}

An appropriate story always adds to the viewing pleasure. Well done Steve. Robin.

Your beach is sublime !!!!!!!!!
I love the fact that in this shot no bases are visible !!!!!!!
Guy:)

I really love the barrack...Very realistic, the pieces around it....And the many details in it. I also love the ladder paint, also very realistic{sm3}

Thanks Poppo, though I can't take any credit for the flaking paint effect on the ladder that's how WB made it to look.

Steve, For me your beach landing scene is my personal favorite shot {bravo}}

Wayne

Cheers Wayne, As well as standing in for the English Channel this time it's also stands in for South Pacific island beaches !

An appropriate story always adds to the viewing pleasure. Well done Steve. Robin.

Thanks Robin, mixing a bit of fiction with fact, fortunately the LCA's were used where I said otherwise I'd been stuck getting the chaps back to Blighty !

Your beach is sublime !!!!!!!!!
I love the fact that in this shot no bases are visible !!!!!!!
Guy:)

Thanks Guy. Glad you like it !

Steve

Steve, just recovering from the Christmas festivities and saw this post.

Absolute remarkable. I love the beach / water's edge scene. An expert job. Also was impressed with the level of effort and detail you put into the "debris" around the barn. It made it feel as if it was abandoned in a hurry with little concern to the area.

Really a great job.

--- LaRRy

Steve, just recovering from the Christmas festivities and saw this post.

Absolute remarkable. I love the beach / water's edge scene. An expert job. Also was impressed with the level of effort and detail you put into the "debris" around the barn. It made it feel as if it was abandoned in a hurry with little concern to the area.

Really a great job.

--- LaRRy

Cheers Larry. Borrowed the Sea and beach from Tarawa ! The farm debris look is just the sort I tend to see and try to avoid tripping over when calling at older run down farms occasionally in my job !{sm2}

Steve

Great bit of photo shopping there, well done !:salute::

Steve

I just use 4 others pictures, Sanatorium of Zuydcoote, a scene from "Week-end at Zuidcoote" movie, a stuka and a blast. After, it's not difficult to place all and match the colors. You was making some part of the job before.

Have a nice day
V

I just use 4 others pictures, Sanatorium of Zuydcoote, a scene from "Week-end at Zuidcoote" movie, a stuka and a blast. After, it's not difficult to place all and match the colors. You was making some part of the job before.

Have a nice day
V

Nice one all the same !:cool:

Perhaps Andy will do a Bren on an AA tripod as he has for other ranges to stave off the Stuka attacks for the troops of the Rear Guard !

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back