Medieval hall (1 Viewer)

attic_david

Private 2
I have just finished this latest commission. It is a medieval hall designed to display a banquet scene.
The hall is 18" across and about 15" deep and nearly 12" high.
The pillars are resin that I had casts made from a master I made. They represent English cluster pillars. I have had extra ones made as they will be useful in all sorts of other settings.
The Windows are laser cut from designs based on Windows in Winchester Hall in the UK and they finish off the hall beautifully.
I also used floor tiles and a fire place from the dolls house hobby.
Finally, the stone work was carved out of air dried clay. It takes me ages but the result is well worth it.
image.jpeg

I have just finished this latest commission. It is a medieval hall designed to display a banquet scene.
The hall is 18" across and about 15" deep and nearly 12" high.
The pillars are resin that I had casts made from a master I made. They represent English cluster pillars. I have had extra ones made as they will be useful in all sorts of other settings.
The Windows are laser cut from designs based on Windows in Winchester Hall in the UK and they finish off the hall beautifully.
I also used floor tiles and a fire place from the dolls house hobby.
Finally, the stone work was carved out of air dried clay. It takes me ages but the result is well worth it.
View attachment 196236

Wow. Just wow...

What a dramatic diorama piece this going to be when filled with figures and accessories. Robin.

Dave, I agree with everyone else, just WOW!!!, you are a true artist. Great structure and detail for the scale you made it in. I remember the Trostle farm you made and am still in awe of that one. Appreciate you showing us this. Again just WOW!! Chris

The UPS man just delivered my Medieval Hall today. When I saw the pictures of the finished project, I was thrilled...now that I am seeing it in person, It is stunning. Far exceeds my high expectations!

Once I fill it with figures, I'll work on getting some good pictures, but here is a small teaser for now!

Winchester%20Hall%2020-L.jpg

Winchester%20Hall%2021-L.jpg

Winchester%20Hall%2023-L.jpg

Winchester%20Hall%2022-L.jpg

Winchester%20Hall%2024-L.jpg

This was the first picture that David sent me!!!! We've come a long way baby!!!! {sm4}

Winchester Hall 1.JPG

The UPS man just delivered my Medieval Hall today. When I saw the pictures of the finished project, I was thrilled...now that I am seeing it in person, It is stunning. Far exceeds my high expectations!

Once I fill it with figures, I'll work on getting some good pictures, but here is a small teaser for now!

Winchester%20Hall%2024-L.jpg

That must be Zach and his Queen being served dinner.

Brad

I just saw this and wow, what an outstanding structure! Congrat's on your acquisition.

Tom

An absolutely gorgeous piece. A great addition to your collection, Zach.

Absolutely phenomenal diorama, David outdid himself! Congrats Zach!^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool

Excellent piece !

Love the columns and windows.

Thank you for posting.

Zach

How about a shot where you've placed it in your collection.

Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back