Metallica!!! (1 Viewer)

jazzeum

Four Star General
This is for Fish. My son and I are attending the Metallica concert at MSG on November 14. I'm already psyched.

Attachments

• metallica_band_01.jpg
    metallica_band_01.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 166
This is for Fish. My son and I are attending the Metallica concert at MSG on November 14. I'm already psyched.

no offense Jazzeum, but with a name like Jazzeum, your the last person I thought would be at a Metallica concert, rock on!!!!!!!!...Sammy

jazzeum-

You will enjoy it! Saw them at the Quest Center in Omaha, NE back in November. Excellent mix of new and old in the playlist, along with great lighting effects. They even played a few from 'Ride the Lightning' and 'Kill 'Em All'. Some of the teens next to my friends and I had never heard about half the playlist!

I also saw them in the same venue back in May 2004, when they were on tour with Godsmack. I would say this concert was better, as there were fewer new songs and more of the older classics everyone could sing along with.

Noah

Brad is going to a Metallia concert with his son; every kid wishes they had a dad like you Brad, you rock my friend.................

My number 1 favorite band :D no body does instrumental like Metallica.
I listen to them on my way home from work at 3am i find there music realy calming.
The Master of Puppets album is still my fave......check out the instrumental track ORION.
Ride the Lightning & Justice for all are also fantastic :cool:

Ah, love Metallica, saw them twice, once in 1990 at the old Landover Capital Center, it was called "An Evening with Metallica", it featured a 45 minute movie as the opening act and then 3.5 hours of pure Metallica from all the albums at the time thru Black. Awesome, even got 2 covers Black Sabbath's Symptom of the Universe and Iron Maiden's Prowler.....and the entire original Garage Days EP!

2nd time was at the Old RFK stadium, a summer headliner featuring Faith No More, Metallica and Guns & Roses. Talk about awesome, GNR was doing November Rain with a pretty decent size orchestra accompany. Very cool.

Brad, you are a gem to take your son, that is way cool. I still have all my concert tees too!!!

Way cool, I wish I could go.

TD

My number 1 favorite band :D no body does instrumental like Metallica.
I listen to them on my way home from work at 3am i find there music realy calming.
The Master of Puppets album is still my fave......check out the instrumental track ORION.
Ride the Lightning & Justice for all are also fantastic :cool:

Definitely, although, I prefer Creeping Death from Ride and the title track from Master.

This is what real metal is.

Tom

Definitely, although, I prefer Creeping Death from Ride and the title track from Master.

This is what real metal is.

Tom

also the Call of Ktulu.....from Ride the Lightning great stuff :)

Agreed! Ktulu, awesome.

by the way that you tube is a cool video!!!

Tom

Yeah, that is an awesome video. For the last few days, I've been taking my son to look at colleges and on the metal station on XM, they've been playing "Mandatory Metallica" in honor of their induction and it's been really cool, playing things from all the albums plus some concert material so it was a lot of fun as we drove around, made me start to really like them.

I dont mind their music , but after watching the documentary "some kind
of monster " it left me with the impression they are a bunch of spoiled kids.

First an Ozzy concert and taking up the guitar, now Metallica???? I don,t know Brad I think your sons turning you into a metal head????:p
I might have to dig up my little brad figure and convert him? I think a long metal wig and guitar, some spandex maybe some spikes????:cool::eek::p:p

Just listened to the Philadelphia concert from the Death Magnetic tour earlier this year. Way cool.

.........I think a long metal wig and guitar, some spandex maybe some spikes??

Man alive- that is funny!!! :D:D

Brad- any chance you'll jump into "The Pit" ??? :) The Metallica pits aren't anything like they used to be- don't worry, the news reports that shows guys getting all busted up are way overdone. That is actually pretty rare given the liability of the venue. Still, there is the possibility of injury. The more experienced moshers actually look out for one another to keep anyone frm getting seriously injured- it's the knuckle draggers that ruin it for everyone- drunks, rowdies, skinheads, etc.

Anyway, if you consider doing it, stand near the edges- it is actually quite an aerobic workout so you want to be able to bail pretty easily. Cover the major areas (you know what I mean ;)) and NEVER EVER EVER underestimate a girl in the pit- no matter how innocent they may appear. They either a.) mosh dirty or b.) are dating one of the bouncers :D

Give it a shot- I gotta believe it is as close to experienceing medieval combat as you can come and not risking getting killed.

Cheers
CC

Well, tomorrow night is the night: Metallica is appearing at MSG in New York and I'll be there along with my son and his girlfriend. Volbeat kicks if off, followed by Lamb of God.

Should be quite an evening.

Well, tomorrow night is the night: Metallica is appearing at MSG in New York and I'll be there along with my son and his girlfriend. Volbeat kicks if off, followed by Lamb of God.

Should be quite an evening.

So how was it? I just found this thread. Metallica and Toy soldiers - Heaven!:)

Al,

It was fantastic. Volbeat was pretty good; they're an up and comer. Lamb of God is -- well -- Lamb of God. A lot outrageous but incredible energy. Randy was at the top of his form.

Metallica was awesome. I was a Metallica "virgin" but now I'm part of the "family," as James Hetfield would say. As usual, they saved the best for the last. James starts it out by saying to the audience that he needs our help and all we have to say is three little words; we yelled (screamed was more like it) back at him: SEEK AND DESTROY! It was amazing and an amazing ending to one heck of a concert.

Very good to hear that you enjoyed the concert.
I saw them a few years ago here in Cincinnati, together with Godsmack, and it was a blast.
Do they still start the show with the theme from "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly", when Tuco is running desperately around the graveyard?
Konrad

Al,

It was fantastic. Volbeat was pretty good; they're an up and comer. Lamb of God is -- well -- Lamb of God. A lot outrageous but incredible energy. Randy was at the top of his form.

Metallica was awesome. I was a Metallica "virgin" but now I'm part of the "family," as James Hetfield would say. As usual, they saved the best for the last. James starts it out by saying to the audience that he needs our help and all we have to say is three little words; we yelled (screamed was more like it) back at him: SEEK AND DESTROY! It was amazing and an amazing ending to one heck of a concert.

Brad,
You have been Metallicized..... Great in concert, saw them years ago alone in a 4hr extravaganza called Evening with Metallica then shortly thereafter in a summer stadium tour with Guns n Roses. They are one of a kind and put on an awesome show. Did they do the Kill Em All medley with The Four Horseman? Also, were you treated to any of the Garage Days covers?

Master of Puppets I am pulling your strings, twisting your mind and smashing your dreams, blinded by me you can't see a thing, just cuz my name is all you scream...Master..Master....sorry bout that, just heard that on the radio!

TD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back