More War Park Deutsches Afrikakorps/DAK Tanks (1 Viewer)

tmanthegreat

Master Sergeant
Following on Wayne’s excellent post and diorama with War Park’s new DAK Panzer III Ausf. M, I wanted to show the companion Panzer III Ausf. N. I was pleasantly surprised by how good the tank looked in person and the tank commander figures are well done.

I’ve got my Panzer III Ausf N displayed in a diorama with some First Legion DAK figures that I created back in March for my First Legion Panzer III Ausf. L model. I just swapped out the tanks and kept the diorama otherwise the same. However, I put the First Legion tank into its own little vignette and gave it a War Park commander figure. The FL DAK Panzer III has the better painting and weathering; but the WP tank is correctly scaled and more functional….

IMG-3552.jpg

IMG-3565.jpg

IMG-3558.jpg

IMG-3560.jpg

IMG-3563.jpg

First Legion Panzer III Ausf. L with WP Tank Commander:
IMG-3543.jpg

IMG-3547.jpg

IMG-3549.jpg

I don't know what WP is doing with all of the little white and black dots and dashes all over the tank, but I wish they would stop it. I don't see it on their earlier tanks, and I hope not to see it in the future. If that's meant to be chipping and weathering... it doesn't work.

I don't know what WP is doing with all of the little white and black dots and dashes all over the tank, but I wish they would stop it. I don't see it on their earlier tanks, and I hope not to see it in the future. If that's meant to be chipping and weathering... it doesn't work.

Dragoon, yeah I know what you mean… I think it is supposed to simulate chipping/weathering and while it’s harder to see at a distance, the “effect” is definitely noticeable when viewed up close. It is present in the promo photos of the DAK Panzers as well. Many of War Park’s other recent models, such as the Puma armored car, also have a similar effect, but it doesn’t seem as excessive on those.

Still, the new Panzer III is a good model overall!

Dragoon, yeah I know what you mean… I think it is supposed to simulate chipping/weathering and while it’s harder to see at a distance, the “effect” is definitely noticeable when viewed up close. It is present in the promo photos of the DAK Panzers as well. Many of War Park’s other recent models, such as the Puma armored car, also have a similar effect, but it doesn’t seem as excessive on those.

Still, the new Panzer III is a good model overall!
Great post, I appreciate the analysis of the weathering.

Well, I have to take back this earlier comment. Ended up buying a WP DAK Panzer III w/commander which I received today. It's a terrific tank, very nicely painted and weathered. The simulated paint chipping is highly exaggerated by the camera and nowhere near appears so prominent to the human eye. The tank commander AK001 is also very finally painted. - Looking forward to acquiring more War Park DAK releases in the upcoming year.

Hey Tman,
Both tanks and figures look awesome as you've displayed. The War Park Panzer is excellent.
Could be an actual (historic) desert scene. I esp. like the figure pouring water.

Last edited:
A TUNISIAN TIGER be nice I think they will but just waiting on the Normandy TIGER first it looks superb.
War Park’s early production Tiger I model is perfect for a DAK repaint. I’m actually surprised they haven’t announced one yet, although the DAK line is just getting started. Their Panzer IVG model could also be repainted into a DAK scheme with no other modifications required… But let’s get that Normandy Tiger out first 😉

War Park posted on facebook in early June. - To be offered in gray, winter & DAK.

1720571241297.png

All due respect to War Park but I wish they spent as much time producing items as they did promoting them on social media.

Hm, StuG III in North Africa? Only 3 Ausf. D with 7.5 cm L/24 but never a F, I guess

Hm, StuG III in North Africa? Only 3 Ausf. D with 7.5 cm L/24 but never a F, I guess
Part of Stug Brigade 242 was sent to Tunisia in 1943 as part of 10th Panzer and it had 6x Stug Aus F/8 so yes there were long barrelled Stugs in DAK

I have just ventured into the Afrika Corps. Might need to get me a tank to back my boys up

I have just ventured into the Afrika Corps. Might need to get me a tank to back my boys up
Well I'm hooked. Bought one tank w/ commander and just ordered the other. - Happy to be getting in on this series from the very beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back