Mosquito Review? (1 Viewer)

I have come to the conclusion that opinions and reviews are useless, because we all have our own priorities and outlook on products. I started doing reviews on the Battleground Art Forum, which I discontinued. I found the best thing to do is to deliver clear pics, like the ones I included here, or do a diorama and let you decide. I think the Mosquito is very nice, but that would just be my personal opinion.

I hope this helps.

Figarti has not made a bad airplane so you cannot go wrong if you order one.

I have come to the conclusion that opinions and reviews are useless, because we all have our own priorities and outlook on products. I started doing reviews on the Battleground Art Forum, which I discontinued. I found the best thing to do is to deliver clear pics, like the ones I included here, or do a diorama and let you decide. I think the Mosquito is very nice, but that would just be my personal opinion.

I hope this helps.

Hi Alex,

I don't think that your giving yourself enough credit in an important regard. IMO, commentary is important because it "fleshes out" the pics, and serves to highlight that which may not be readily apparent to the untrained eye. For example, many aircraft have truly unique shapes/forms that aren't easily appreciated or understood by the casual observer. Likewise, virtually all aircraft models either succeed or fail, relative to scale, when it comes to the effective rendering of finely cast parts, a lack of proper definition perhaps, that really hurts our willingness to suspend our sense of disbelief as to what we're actually looking at, a replica or the real deal. I've always enjoyed your work, and can only urge you to stay the course.:)

-Moe

Hi Alex,

I don't think that your giving yourself enough credit in an important regard. IMO, commentary is important because it "fleshes out" the pics, and serves to highlight that which may not be readily apparent to the untrained eye. For example, many aircraft have truly unique shapes/forms that aren't easily appreciated or understood by the casual observer. Likewise, virtually all aircraft models either succeed or fail, relative to scale, when it comes to the effective rendering of finely cast parts, a lack of proper definition perhaps, that really hurts our willingness to suspend our sense of disbelief as to what we're actually looking at, a replica or the real deal. I've always enjoyed your work, and can only urge you to stay the course.:)

-Moe

Moe

I appreciate your vote of confidence.......

I have done promotional work for every manufacturer over the past 8 years, now I have backed away from doing that, so I have time to do work for myself. Where I was never biased, I for sure am not biased now. But doing reviews still breeds controversy. I have had enough controversy over the past few years, trying to help shape my vision of this hobby, which I am now relatively happy with.

I took the time as of late to develop the Battleground Art website and forum. The forum is very inactive compared to this one, but it does have a different theme, to teach Battleground Art and be more objective and technical.

I have collected some of the best talent in the hobby and formed The International Society of Battleground Artists and from all of the members comes a wealth of accurate and well thought out info on various subjects.

As far as reviews and observations of a particular product, just ask and one of our members will digest it for you, including myself.

You will find there may even be a difference of opinion between our members, but for the most part all of our members are in the same ballpark.

As you can see I still offer comment here, but this forum can be a bit temperamental, so I now take a softer approach here.

I want the best for collectors / hobbyists in both awareness of product accuracy and advanced diorama techniques and through ISBA this can be best achieved.

Best
Alex

I hope this helps.

Very nice .

The use of an airbrush to enhance the panel lines on this model and, the heavy metal scuffing is certainly for me off putting. I am not sure on a model with really good detail why this was necessary??

Apart from that it is a very good model and I am glad to have one. It is at the moment primer grey awaiting a final repaint and then, I will fire some pics of mine.

Worth having though as nobody else will ever make one in this scale
Mitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back