Movie/TV News (4 Viewers)

Movie/TV News---Part 3

Asteroid 12561 Howard is named after Ron Howard (APOLLO 13, SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY, COCOON).

ASTEROIDS-RON-HOWARD-APOLLO-13-FOTOR.jpg

ASTEROIDS-RON-HOWARD-SOLO-A-STAR-WARS-STORY-FOTOR.jpg

ASTEROIDS-RON-HOWARD-COCOON-FOTOR.jpg

Asteroid 8299 Tealeoni is named after Tea Leoni (DEEP IMPACT).

ASTEROIDS-TEA-LEONI-DEEP-IMPACT-FOTOR.jpg

Asteroid 25930 Spielberg is named after Steven Spielberg (CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND, E.T. THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL, WAR OF THE WORLDS).

ASTEROIDS-STEVEN-SPIELBERG-CLOSE-ENCOUNTERS-FOTOR.jpg

ASTEROIDS-STEVEN-SPIELBERG-ET-FOTOR.jpg

ASTEROIDS-STEVEN-SPIELBERG-WAR-OF-WORLDS-FOTOR.jpg

Asteroid 7307 Takei is named after George Takei (STAR TREK).

ASTEROIDS-GEORGE-TAKEI-FOTOR.jpg

Movie/TV news---Part 2

TRIVIA---nine sci fi outer space Hollywood celebrities have asteroids named after them: Adrien Brody, Sandra Bullock, George Clooney, Jodie Foster, Tom Hanks, Ron Howard, Tea Leoni, Steven Spielberg and George Takei.

Asteroid 9974 Brody is named after Adrien Brody (PREDATORS).

ASTEROIDS-ADRIEN-BRODY-PREDATORS-FOTOR.jpg

Asteroid 78453 is named after Sandra Bullock (GRAVITY).

ASTEROIDS-SANDRA-BULLOCK-GRAVITY-FOTOR.jpg

Asteroid 22903 Georgeclooney is named after George Clooney (SOLARIS, GRAVITY).

ASTEROIDS-GEORGE-CLOONEY-SOLARIS-FOTOR.jpg

ASTEROIDS-GEORGE-CLOONEY-GRAVITY-FOTOR.jpg

Asteroid 17744 Jodiefoster is named after Jodie Foster (CONTACT).

ASTEROIDS-JODIE-FOSTER-CONTACT-FOTOR.jpg

Asteroid 12818 Tomhanks is named after Tom Hanks (APOLLO 13, FROM THE EARTH TO THE MOON).

ASTEROIDS-TOM-HANKS-APOLLO-13-FOTOR.jpg

ASTEROID-TOM-HANKS-FROM-EARTH-TO-MOON-FOTOR.jpg

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 26

Movie/TV News---Part 1 (Parts 2 and 3 are on posts below this one).

JURASSIC WORLD 3---Colin Trevorrow posted a photo from the first day of filming revealing the sequel title, JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION.

JURASSIC-WORLD-DOMINION.jpg

VENOM 2---a photo from the film set shows two stuntmen in a scene in which Eddie Brock is rescued by another Symbiote.

VENOM-2-SYMBIOTES.jpg

KNIVES OUT---Rian Johnson said Apple will not allow movie villains to use its iPhone, “I don’t know if I should say this or not, not because it’s lascivious or something but because it’s going to screw me on the new mystery movie that I write. But forget it, I’ll say it. It’s very interesting. Apple, they let you use iPhones in movies but – and this is very pivotal if you’re ever watching a mystery movie – bad guys cannot have iPhones on camera. Oh no! Every single filmmaker that has a bad guy in their movie that’s supposed to be a secret wants to murder me right now.”

DEADPOOL 3---a rumor claims Taika Waititi is a candidate to direct the latest sequel.

CREED 3---Zach Baylin (KING RICHARD) will write the MGM sequel.

MIKE "THE BIKE" HAILWOOD---Eric Bana is the star/writer/co-director of this biomovie about motorcycle racing star Mike "The Bike" Hailwood.

SAMMY DAVIS, JR.---Charles Murray (SONS OF ANARCHY) will write the biomovie based on Sammy Davis, Jr.'s memoir.

REBEL RIDGE---Netflix movie starring John Boyega, Don Johnson and James Badge Dale. No plot details were released, but the movie will focus on, “systemic American injustices through intense action sequences, suspense and dark humor”.

AMERICAN HORROR STORY---Macaulay Culkin has joined the cast of Season 10.

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 27

CANDYMAN---trailer released for the horror movie sequel.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWimCfW2i5E

INDIANA JONES 5---James Mangold (FORD v FERRARI) is in talks to direct the upcoming sequel which will be the first movie in the franchise that will not be directed by Steven Spielberg. However, Spielberg will return as “a hands-on producer”.

INDIANA-JONES-MANGOLD.jpg

OBI-WAN KENOBI---the Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+ miniseries has the working title of PILGRIM. It is being rewritten because it was too similar to THE MANDALORIAN.

SPIDER-MAN 3---the sequel's SEINFELD-connected working title is SERENITY NOW.

KUNG FU---Olivia Liang (LEGACIES) will star in the CW reboot of the tv series that starred David Carradine.

KUNG-FU-OLIVIA-LIANG-FOTOR.jpg

CLARICE---Rebecca Breeds (THE ORIGINALS) will star in the CBS pilot based on THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS. It is set one year after the movie in which Clarice Starling hunts down serial killers and sexual predators.

CLARICE-REBECCA-BREEDS-2-FOTOR.jpg

THE MATRIX 4---Ellen Hollman (SPARTACUS) has joined the sequel cast in an undisclosed role.

MATRIX-ELLEN-HOLLMAN-2.jpg

CONSTANTINE---director Scott Derrickson, after leaving DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS, tweeted the next movie he wants to direct, "do Constantine".

NO TIME TO DIE---the sequel has the longest running time, two hours and 43 minutes, of any James Bond movie. SPECTRE was two hours and 40 minutes long.

OUTER RANGE---Josh Brolin stars in this Amazon tv series about a Wyoming rancher who discovers an "unfathomable mystery" in the Wyoming wilderness.

DISTANT---Rachel Brosnahan will co-star with Anthony Ramos in this sci fi movie about an asteroid miner who crashes on an alien planet and must embark on a dangerous journey to rescue the other survivor, a woman trapped in her escape pod.

DAWN---Amazon sci fi tv series underway based on the novel about a black woman who helps aliens resurrect mankind after a nuclear war.

TUNER & HOOCH---Lyndsy Fonseca will play US Marshal Scott Turner's sister, who gives him a dog named Hooch, and Cara Patterson will play his partner in the Disney+ tv series based on the Tom Hanks comedy movie.

TRIVIA---Emmy-winning actor William Windom appeared in three John Hughes movies. In PLANES, TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES, he played Steve Martin's indecisive advertising boss who is seen, but not heard. In UNCLE BUCK, he played the irate neighbor who is heard, but not seen and in SHE'S HAVING A BABY, he is seen and heard as Kevin Bacon's father-in-law.

In PLANES, TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES, William Windom played Steve Martin's indecisive advertising boss who is seen, but not heard.

WILLIAM-WINDOM-PLANES-TRAINS-AUTOMOBILES-FOTOR-2.jpg

In UNCLE BUCK, Windom played the irate neighbor, Mr. Hatfield, who is heard, but not seen when he yells at John Candy, "For cryin' out loud...It's 2 am!"

WILLIAM-WINDOM-UNCLE-BUCK-FOTOR.jpg

In SHE'S HAVING A BABY, Windom played Russ Bainbridge, who is seen and heard, when he says to son-in-law Kevin Bacon, "f you're gonna piss your life away writing some god**** book that no one is ever gonna give a crap about, why did you have to involve my daughter?"

WILLIAM-WINDOM-SHE-S-HAVING-A-BABY-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28

TALES FROM THE LOOP---trailer released for the Amazon sci fi series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1htuNZp82Ck

BACK TO THE FUTURE---Tom Holland confirmed that there have been talks of a remake of the classic 1985 Michael J. Fox time travel movie, and he commented on a deepfake video showing him as Marty McFly and Robert Downey, Jr. as Doc, "I’d be lying if I said there hadn’t been conversations in the past about doing some sort of remake, but that film is the most perfect film- or one of the most perfect films, one that could never be made better. That said, if [Robert Downey Jr.] and I could just shoot that one scene that they remade for fun - he could pay for it cause he’s got loads of money - I would do it for my fee and we could remake that scene. I think we owe it to deep fake because they did such a good job. … I think I’m gonna speak to Robert and see if we can try to recreate something for deep fake."

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OJnkJqkyio

THE LAST DUEL---photos from the set show Ben Affleck, Matt Damon and Adam Driver in the Ridley Scott movie about a 14th century Norman knight who challenges his squire to a duel after accusing him of raping his wife.

LAST-DUEL-1.jpg

LAST-DUEL-2.jpg

LAST-DUEL-3.jpg

THE MANDALORIAN---Giancarlo Esposito said the Darksaber will be featured in Season 2, “Major, major, epic, epic lightsaber action happening on this show, and I should mention that I’m the only character in this first season who was able to be honored with having that lightsaber.”
Also, sources claim James Mangold (FORD v FERRARI) and Robert Rodriguez (MACHETE) "directed sequences for an episode" in Season 2 with Rodriguez’s contribution being “great.”

MANDALORIAN-DARKSABER-FOTOR.jpg

MONSTER HUNTER---poster released for the Paul WS Anderson/Sony Pictures movie starring Milla Jovovich which is based on the video game.

MONSTER-HUNTER-POSTER.jpg

KING RICHARD---Liev Scheiber and Susie Abromeit will co-star with Will Smith and Jon Bernthal in the biomovie about tennis stars Serena and Venus Williams and their father.

DAY OF THE DEAD---Syfy ordered ten episodes of the zombie tv series based on the 1985 George A. Romero movie.

THE ACCOUNTANT 2---Ben Affleck said the movie sequel might become a tv series, “We’ve talked about it. There seems to be a debate whether or not to do a TV series version of it. The scriptwriter [Bill Dubuque] has become quite successful and busy, so he’s off doing his thing. And somebody said to me, ‘Well if we could find a script that we could retrofit and make into a sequel… But that’s sort of tricky because the personality of the character is so specific, that doesn’t really work to just say, ‘Well, we used call this script Action Movie Shootout, and now we’re going to call it THE ACCOUNTANT 2′.”

PIECES OF HER---Bella Heathcote will star in the Netflix eight-part miniseries based on the crime novel.

MY LOVELY WIFE---Amazon Studios and Nicole Kidman's Blossom Films bought the movie rights to the novel.

TRIVIA---in THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER, the submarine USS Dallas tracks the Soviet super submarine Red October. Near the end of the movie, the DSRV-1 rescue submarine mysteriously appears on the deck of the Dallas.

In THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER, the submarine USS Dallas tracks the Soviet super submarine Red October.

HUNT-RED-OCTOBER-DALLAS-3-FOTOR.jpg

Near the end of the movie, the DSRV-1 rescue submarine mysteriously appears on the deck of the Dallas.

HUNT-RED-OCTOBER-DSRV-FOTOR.jpg

MONDAY, MARCH 2

A QUIET PLACE PART II---new film clip released from the sequel.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idhB-lbrOVI

THE WALKING DEAD---trailer released for the next episode.
Also, THE WALKING DEAD: WORLD BEYOND's Nico Tortorella said more will be revealed about the mysterious helicopter group CRM and its connection to Rick Grimes, “[fans] get to really meet who's in those helicopters and where they're coming from."

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC3S8TSSGQ8

UNCHARTED---Antonia Banderas will co-star with Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg in the Sony Pictures movie based on the video game. His role was not announced.

UNCHARTED-ANTONIO-BANDERAS-FOTOR.jpg

STAR TREK---Simon Pegg commented on the future of the movie franchise, “The fact is, STAR TREK movies don’t make Marvel money. They make maybe $500 million at the most, and to make one now, on the scale they’ve set themselves, is $200 million. You have to make three times that to make a profit.
I don’t feel like the last one… They didn’t really take advantage of the 50th anniversary. The regimen at the time dropped the ball on the promo of the film. And we’ve lost momentum. I think losing Anton [Yelchin] was a huge blow to our little family, and our enthusiasm to do another one might have been affected by that. So I don’t know.”

STAR-TREK-SIMON-PEGG.jpg

HAWAII FIVE-O---CBS announced the current Season 10 will be the last season with the two-hour series finale airing on April 3.

HAWAII-FIVE-O-FOTOR.jpg

DOCTOR WHO---showrunner Chris Chibnall said the Daleks will return for the 2020 holiday special, "We can’t leave the Doctor there! On that cliffhanger! Well, we did. But rest assured, the Doctor and her friends will be back for a one-off extended Special around Christmas and New Year. (I don’t know when they’re going to put it on yet, otherwise we’d tell you!). There will be Daleks. There will be exterminations. Thrills, laughter, tears. You know. The usual. See you at the end of the year."

JUDGE JUDY---the Judge Judy Sheindlin reality tv series will end with the 25th season. Sheindlin is developing a new tv series titled JUDY JUSTICE. Sheindlin is currently making $47 million per season.

LUCIFER---Netflix is in negotiations to renew the series for Season 6.

CALL OF THE WILD---the Harrison Ford movie based on the novel is projected to lose $50 million for 20th Century/Walt Disney Studios.

THE MANDALORIAN---James Mangold denied a rumor that he is directing an episode in Season 2, “I can tell you its not true about me. Not doing it, never discussed it.”

F9: THE FAST SAGA---Ben Stiller will reportedly have a cameo in the latest sequel.

M.A.S.K.---Paramount Pictures movie underway based on the Hasbro toy line. Chris Bremner (BAD BOYS FOR LIFE) will write the script.

SHE-HULK---Mark Ruffalo confirmed he is in talks to appear as the Hulk in the Disney+ tv series.

Y: THE LAST MAN---Ben Schnetzer will replace the departed Barry Keoghan in the FX series based on the comic book.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
In TOMORROW NEVER DIES. on the Chinese stealth ship, James Bond (Pierce Brosnan) tries to save Wai Lin (Michelle Yeoh), who is chained a few feet underwater. Above them is Bond Villain Richard Stamper, who is about to fire the cruise missile that has been sabotaged by 007. When the cruise missile explodes, it blows up the stealth ship----but mysteriously, the water a few feet under the exploding missile with Bond and Wai Lin is perfectly calm and not affected by the fiery explosion.

In TOMORROW NEVER DIES. on the Chinese stealth ship, James Bond (Pierce Brosnan) tries to save Wai Lin (Michelle Yeoh), who is chained a few feet underwater.

TOMORROW-NEVER-DIES-STEALTH-SHIP-FOTOR.jpg

Above them is Bond Villain Richard Stamper, who is about to fire the cruise missile that has been sabotaged by 007.

TOMORROW-NEVER-DIES-CRUISE-MISSILE-FOTOR.jpg

The exploding cruise missile blows up the stealth ship.

TOMORROW-NEVER-DIES-EXPLOSION-FOTOR.jpg

But mysteriously, the water a few feet under the exploding missile with Bond and Wai Lin is perfectly calm and not affected by the fiery explosion.

TOMORROW-NEVER-DIES-UNDERWATER-FOTOR.jpg

TUESDAY, MARCH 3

DOCTOR WHO---the Season 12 finale, "The Timeless Children", drew 3.78 million viewers, which was a slight increase over the preceding episode. However, the BBC One show before DOCTOR WHO, COUNTRY FILE, drew 4.44 million viewers and the show after DOCTOR WHO, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW, had 4.41 million viewers. THE BBC NEWS had 4.48 million viewers. This indicates that over 600,000 BBC One viewers turned off DOCTOR WHO.
Also, a source said Bradley Walsh and Tosin Cole will be leaving the series after the holiday special, "Two years is a long time in the world of Doctor Who. Yaz will be back but Christmas will be the last outing for Ryan and Graham."

DOCTOR-WHO-WALSH-COLE-FOTOR.jpg

STAR TREK---a fan tweeted to William Shatner about him possibly returning for a new Captain Kirk tv series after Patrick Stewart's return in STAR TREK: PICARD. Shatner replied, "No. I think Kirk’s story is pretty well played out at this point."

STAR-TREK-SHATNER-FOTOR.jpg

SAMARITAN---Natacha Karam (911: LONE STAR) will play a henchman in the Sylvester Stallone movie about a young boy who searches for a superhero who disappeared 20 years before.

ARE YOU THERE, GOD? IT'S ME, MARGARET---Lionsgate bought the movie rights to the novel.

PARANORMAL ACTIVITY---Christopher Landon, who wrote the scripts for the second, third and fourth movies in the franchise, is returning for the seventh movie.

THAILAND CAVE---Elizabeth Chai Vasarhely and Jimmy Chin (FREE SOLO) will direct the untitled Universal Pictures movie based on the true story of the 2018 rescue of a 12 boys and their soccer coach from a cave in Thailand.

AN OFFICER AND A SPY---after Roman Polanski received the French Caesar for best director, protest riots broke out in Paris streets, and several attendees at the awards ceremony walked out, including actress Adele Haenel, who exclaimed, “Bravo, pedophilia!”. Haenel claimed she was sexually molested by director Christophe Ruggia when she was 12 years old. Polanski fled the US in 1978 after pleading guilty to having sex with a 13 year-old girl.

AN-OFFICER-AND-A-SPY-ROMAN-POLANSKI.jpg

ALMOST FAMILY---Fox canceled the series after star Timothy Hutton was accused of raping a then-14 year-old girl in 1983. Sera Johnston, a 50 year-old model and former child actress, accused Hutton and a friend of raping her in a hotel room. Hutton denied the accusation.

THE MAGICIANS--Syfy cancelled the series. The series finale will air on April 1.

LANGDON---Ashley Zukerman will play Robert Langdon in the NBC pilot based on Dan Brown's THE LOST SYMBOL novel.

THE BRIDES---Gina Torres will star in the ABC pilot inspired by the BRIDES OF DRACULA. Torres will play New York real estate magnate Cleo Phillips, one of three former vampire wives of Dracula.

TRIVIA---Robert Shaw destroyed Nazi bridges in two World War II movies. In his third movie, THE DAM BUSTERS (1954), Shaw played Flight Sgt. John Pulford in the World War II RAF bombing raid to destroy key German dams in the Ruhr Valley. In his next-to-last movie, FORCE 10 FROM NAVARONE (1978), Shaw played Maj. Keith Mallory, who destroys a dam in order to destroy a vital bridge in Nazi-occupied Yugoslavia.

In Robert Shaw's third movie, THE DAM BUSTERS (1954), Shaw played Flight Sgt. John Pulford in the World War II RAF bombing raid to destroy key German dams in the Ruhr Valley.

ROBERT-SHAW-DAM-BUSTERS-1-FOTOR.jpg

ROBERT-SHAW-DAM-BUSTERS-2-FOTOR.jpg

In his next-to-last movie, FORCE 10 FROM NAVARONE (1978), Shaw played Maj. Keith Mallory, who destroys a dam in order to destroy a vital bridge in World War II Nazi-occupied Yugoslavia. FORCE 10 FROM NAVARONE was the sequel to THE GUNS OF NAVARONE.

ROBERT-SHAW-FORCE-TEN-NAVARONE-1-FOTOR.jpg

ROBERT-SHAW-DAM-BUSTERS-3-FOTOR.jpg

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 4

THE BATMAN---Matt Reeves released photos of the new Batmobile.
Also, twin brothers Max and Charlie Carver (TEEN WOLF) will co-star in "sizeable roles" in the Robert Pattinson superhero movie.

BATMAN-BATMOBILE-FOTOR.jpg

BATMAN-BATMOBILE-2-FOTOR.jpg

STAR TREK: PICARD---photo released of the upcoming episode "Nepenthe" which reunites Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis. Nepenthe is the planet that Riker and Troi live on.

STAR-TEEK-PICARD-2-FOTOR.jpg

THE PINKERTON---Warner Bros./Bad Robot movie underway described as a, "supernatural revenge-Western hybrid".

KILL SWITCH---Jon Hamm is in negotiations to co-star in the Steven Soderbergh movie as a cop pursuing two home invaders, played by Sebastian Stan and Don Cheadle, in 1950s Detroit.

THE MAN FROM TORONTO---Jason Statham has departed the Kevin Hart comedy movie after a dispute in which he wanted a R-rated movie and the studio wanted a PG-13 movie.

CHAPELWAITE---Emily Hampshire (SCHITT'S CREEK) will co-stat with Adrien Brody in the Epix series based on the Stephen King short story.

THE PRESIDENT IS MISSING---Ann Dowd (THE HANDMAID'S TALE) will play the President in the Showtime pilot based on the novel by James Patterson and Bill Clinton.

HOLD BACK THE STARS---Lionsgate movie underway based on the sci fi novel.

PARENTING WITHOUT BORDERS---Jessica Alba will star in this Disney+ docuseries based on the book.

TRIVIA---GRIMM star Elizabeth "Bitsie" Tulloch was named after her grandfather, World War II bomber pilot, Walter "Bitsie" Tulloch. In January, 1961, Maj. Tulloch was the command pilot of a B-52 Stratofortress bomber based at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, North Carolina that was the center of an infamous Broken Arrow, the code name for a nuclear weapons accident.
The B-52 was being refueled in mid-air by a KC-135 Stratotanker over Raleigh, North Carolina, when one of its fuel tanks ruptured and caused the bomber to break up. Maj. Tulloch ordered his crew to bail out with Tulloch and four other members of the eight-man crew surviving the crash. As the B-52 broke up, it released its two Mk. 39 nuclear bombs. Each bomb had a 3.8 megaton nuclear warhead that was about 300 times more powerful than the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima in World War II.
One of the bombs landed in the ground and broke up. The second bomb deployed its parachute and landed in a tree---three of its four arming switches, which would detonate the bomb. were activated. Lt. Jack Revelle, the Air Force bomb-disposal expert who disarmed the bomb, said if the fourth switch had activated, "You would've created a bay of North Carolina, completely changing the configuration of the East Coast of the United States, and the radiation could have been felt as far north as New York City. At the time, nobody knew it, but it could have easily been the start of another world war." Writer Ed Pilkington, who wrote about the B-52 Broken Arrow, said, "Had the device detonated, lethal fallout could have been deposited over Washington, Baltimore, Philadelphia, and as far north as New York City — putting millions of lives at risk."
Ironically, in 1966 another B-52 from Seymour Johnson AFB was involved in another Broken Arrow when it was refueling in mid-air with a KC-135. The two jets collided over Spain, releasing its four nuclear bombs. Three of the bombs landed on land and the fourth landed in the sea near Palomares, Spain. It was recovered after a 2 1/2 month effort.

Elizabeth "Bitsie" Tulloch starred in GRIMM.

BITSIE-TULLOCH-GRIMM-FOTOR.jpg

Tulloch was named after her grandfather, World War II bomber pilot Maj. Walter "Bitsie" Tulloch.

BITSIE-MAJ-WALTER-TULLOCH-FOTOR.jpg

In January, 1961. Maj. Walter Tulloch was the command pilot of a B-52 Stratofortess bomber that was refueling in mid-air with a KC-135 Stratotanker when one of its fuel tanks ruptured. The B-52 broke up in mid-air and released two Mk. 39 nuclear bombs with each bomb carrying a 3.8 megaton nuclear warhead that was about 300 times more powerful than the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima in World War II.

BITSIE-TULLOCH-B-52-KC-135-FOTOR.jpg

The second bomb deployed its parachute and landed in a tree---three of its four arming switches, which would detonate the bomb. were activated.

BITSIE-TULLOCH-MK-39-NUCLEAR-BOMB-FOTOR.jpg

A sign in Eureka, North Carolina marks where the nuclear bomb almost detonated.

BITSIE-TULLOCH-EUREKA-SIGN.jpg

Ironically, in 1966 another B-52 from Seymour Johnson AFB was involved in another Broken Arrow when it was refueling in mid-air with a KC-135. The two jets collided over Spain, releasing its four nuclear bombs. Three of the bombs landed on land and the fourth landed in the sea near Palomares, Spain. It was recovered after a 2 1/2 month effort.

BITSIE-TULLOCH-PALOMARES-FOTOR.jpg

THURSDAY, MARCH 5

GREYHOUND---trailer released for the Tom Hanks/Sony Pictures movie based on the CS Forester novel THE GOOD SHEPHERD.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyzxu26-Wqk

KINGDOM---trailer released for Season 2 of the Netflix/South Korean zombie series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ecrESKwh_Y

ANTEBELLUM---trailer released for the slavery horror movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beLkVB_T3uw

STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER---leaked parts of the novelization of the sequel says Rey's father was a failed Palpatine clone. Originally, Palpatine "thrust his consciousness" into the clone, but "the transfer was imperfect" which resulted in "a not-quite-identical clone" that was "a useless, powerless failure". The clone did meet a woman, and their daughter was Rey.

STAR-WARS-REY-PALPATINE-FOTOR.jpg

BERMUDA---Chris Evans is in talks to star in this Bermuda Triangle movie directed by Scott Derrickson (DOCTOR STRANGE). No plot details were released.

LOKI---Cailey Fleming (THE WALKING DEAD) will play young Sylvie Lushton in the Disney+ tv series starring Tom Hiddleston.

THE LAST OF US---HBO zombie tv series underway based on the Sony PlayStation video game. Craig Mazin (CHERNOBYL) is the showrunner/producer.

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY---Taika Waititi is the writer/director/producer of two Netflix animated miniseries based on the Roald Dahl novel. The first miniseries will be based on novel characters. The second miniseries will be a, “wholly original take on the Oompa-Loompas, the small song-loving humans who worked in Willy Wonka’s infamous factory”.

FRANKENSTEIN---producer Jason Blum (THE INVISIBLE MAN) said he would like to do a remake of the classic FRANKENSTEIN, “I’d love to do FRANKENSTEIN. I’ve tasked our filmmakers with trying to figure out just straight FRANKENSTEIN. Again, I don’t know if someone else is doing it, I don’t know anything about it, but I would love to try and I’m waiting for the great idea. THE INVISIBLE MAN, I agree, the best ideas feel like, ‘My gosh, it’s so obvious, why didn’t that happen before?’ If we could come up with something as good for FRANKENSTEIN, I’d love to try that.”

TRIVIA---character actor Rex Holman played two STAR TREK roles. In the STAR TREK episode "Spectre of the Gun", Holman played Morgan Earp. He was originally cast as Virgil Earp, but was given the role of Morgan when the original Morgan actor was fired due to drug problems. In STAR TREK V: THE FINAL FRONTIER, Holman played alien J'onn.

In the STAR TREK episode "Spectre of the Gun", Rex Holman played Morgan Earp (center). He was originally cast as Virgil Earp, but was given the role of Morgan when the original Morgan actor was fired due to drug problems.

STAR-TREK-SPECTRE-OF-GUN-1-FOTOR.jpg

STAR-TREK-SPECTRE-OF-GUN-SHATNER-CREW-FOTOR.jpg

In STAR TREK V: THE FINAL FRONTIER, Holman played alien J'onn.

STAR-TREK-J-ONN-FOTOR-SNIP-2.jpg

STAR-TREK-GOD-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, MARCH 6

A QUIET PLACE PART II---reviews for the sequel have been good.
Cinemablend's Sean O'Connell tweeted, "AQuietPlace 2 is fantastic and deserves to be a MASSIVE hit."
Collider.com tweeted, "AQuietPlacePartII is a great sequel that expands the world. Had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Movie is an hour and 45 minutes and when it ended wanted more. Is it too early to talk about #AQuietPlace3?"
Indiewire said PART II is, "a worthy, world-expanding followup that builds on the original and finds its own thrills, chills, and emotions in the process."
Fandango said the sequel is, "just as tense and terrifying as the first one."
Bloody Disgusting added, "A QUIET PLACE PART II is not at all what I expected, and that's a great thing,"

A-QUIET-PLACE-REVIEW-1-FOTOR.jpg

WESTWORLD---Season 3's Rotten Tomatoes score is 77%. Season 1's score was 87%, and Season 2's score was 86%. Slashfilm's review said, “While season 3 first starts off seeming like a brave new world, it’s only a matter of time before the show is retreading familiar – and befuddling – ground.” VARIETY's review said, “Westworld doesn’t need to be alienating to be good; it still is. But it may need to be alienating to be Westworld… In becoming a totally fine action serial, Westworld has taken a significant step back from being great.”

WESTWORLD-SEASON-3.jpg

RED NOTICE---Dwayne Johnson posted a photo from the action comedy movie about an INTERPOL agent who is pursuing the world's greatest art thief. Gal Gadot and Ryan Reynolds also star.

CODE-RED-DWAYNE-JOHNSON.jpg

EXIT WEST---Riz Ahmed (VENOM) will star in this Netflix movie based on the novel. The producers are the Russo brothers and Barack and Michelle Obama.

THE KIDS IN THE HALL---Amazon eight-episode revival series underway. Producer Lorne Michaels said, “Even after 30 years, The Kids in the Hall has retained its brilliance and originality. We are happy to be bringing back all of the original Kids for the new series.”

GUILTY PARTY---Isla Fisher will star in this CBS All Access dark comedy about Beth Baker, a disgraced journalist who seeks to rescue her career by writing a story on a woman who claims she was falsely imprisoned for murdering her husband.

BABYSITTER---Elizabeth Hurley and Hannah Simone star in this untitled CBS comedy pilot about a successful sports tv producer who hires her mother as a babysitter.

IQ---tv series underway based on the novels about a skillful black private detective. Snoop Dog is the producer.

WINGS OF FIRE---Warner Bros. Animation/Ava DuVernay animated tv series underway based on the dragon book series.

TRIVIA---in STAR WARS: EPISODE 1--THE PHANTOM MENACE, Keira Knightley (PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN) played Padme Amidala's body double, "I mean, I was 12. I literally don’t remember... I remember the headdress being so heavy, it gave me a headache. I really remember the headache from one of the headdresses. And I remember being in the background for such a long time that I’d actually fallen asleep. I was just sitting in a chair, and I was in the background, but I couldn’t keep my eyes open. I really remember that. But apart from that, I don’t remember anything else about it."

STAR-WARS-KEIRA-KNIGHTLEY-4-FOTOR.jpg

STAR-WARS-PIRATES-CARIBBEAN-FOTOR.jpg

MONDAY, MARCH 9

BLACK WIDOW---new trailer released for the Scarlett Johansson movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybji16u608U

A QUIET PLACE PART II---new featurette released for the sequel.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9lGyL7Oask&t=9s

THE THIRD DAY---trailer released for the HBO horror miniseries starring Jude Law.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETniiQgt53A

THE UNDOING---trailer released for the HBO miniseries starring Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant based on the novel YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4On_4gnKy0

PENNY DREADFUL: CITY OF ANGELS---trailer release for the Showtime spinoff horror series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WqFMwMiF3I

WESTWORLD---a source said GAME OF THRONES creators David Benioff and DB Weiss will have cameos in Season 3's second episode as, "technicians at Delos, the company that created Westworld and the other host-filled Delos Destinations theme parks."

WESTWORLD-GAME-OF-THRONES.jpg

FANTASTIC FOUR---John Krasinski said he would like to play Reed Richards in the Marvel Studios reboot movie, “I would love to do it. I think to be a part of the Marvel world would be amazing anyway, and the fact that people would even consider me for that level of a part would be amazing. I genuinely have had no conversations or don’t know anything that’s happening with that. I’m awaiting Kevin’s [Feige] announcements of what the hell’s happening with that as much as you are.”
Marvel fans want Krasinski for the Reed Richards role and his wife, Emily Blunt, for The Invisible Woman role. The couple already have a Marvel connection with Krasinski, who auditioned for the CAPTAIN AMERICA role, and Blunt, who was to play Black Widow in IRON MAN 2, but left due to a schedule problem.

FANTASIC-FOUR-KRASINSKI-BLUNT.jpg

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER---Christian Bale was confirmed to be the sequel's villain.

JURASSIC WORLD---a rumor claims that Amblin Television is developing a JURASSIC WORLD tv series for NBC's Peacock streaming network for 2021 or 2022. The series would film in Vancouver.

THE MANDALORIAN---Dave Filoni (STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS) directed an episode in Season 2 which just finished production.

UNIVERSAL MONSTER---James Wan and Universal Pictures are developing an untitled monster movie inspired by the classic Universal Pictures monsters. The movie plot involves a group of teenagers who must stop a neighbor who is creating a monster in his basement.

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME---Michael Mando said he might return as Scorpion in a future movie, “There is a chance, there’s always a chance”. Speculation the movie might be VENOM 2 or MORBIUS.

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST---Disney+ six-part prequel miniseries underway which will focus on Gaston (Luke Evans) and LeFou (Josh Gad).

THE EXPENDABLES 4---Randy Couture commented on the latest sequel, "It is a thing! I got a script last year and really enjoyed reading it. It was very well done but where we are on the production scale and getting it moving I’m not sure. There are a lot of things going on behind the scenes with the producer to make a film that big so I’m hoping this Spring we get the greenlight but I’m not hearing anything definitive right now."

In a MI6-HQ.com Twitter poll on MOONRAKER and Jaws's girlfriend, Dolly, 47% of respondents claim Dolly wore braces. In fact, Dolly did not wear braces. This is a Mandela Effect where a large number of people have the same incorrect memory about the same subject. The belief that Dolly wore braces is so prevalent that some MOONRAKER fans even claimed that EON Productions altered later versions of the movie and removed her braces.
However, MI6-HQ.com thoroughly investigated the braces controversy and stated, “MI6 can confirm that no change has been made to the film. The actress who played Dolly, Blanche Ravalec, did not wear braces in the film. This has been corroborated by others on the production as well as original still photography taken on set.”.
Ravalec herself confirmed Dolly did not wear braces, "No, Dolly never had braces. It was never even a question."
Perhaps those who think Dolly wore braces are confused by Jaw's metallic teeth, and therefore think Dolly also had silver dental appliances.

MI6-HQ.com Twitter poll

What factor first attracted Jaws to Dolly in MOONRAKER (at first sight)?

21%--Pigtails
47%--Braces
19%--Boobs
13%--Glasses

MOONRAKER-JAWS-DOLLY-1-FOTOR-2.jpg

MOONRAKER-JAWS-DOLLY-1-FOTOR-SNIP.jpg

PART 2

TRIVIA---production designer/art director Eugene Lourie worked with French director Jean Renoir and received an Academy Award nomination for KRAKATOA: EAST OF JAVA. But Lourie is perhaps best known for being the director of three sci fi movies in which giant dinosaurs attack a major city: THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS (which inspired GODZILLA), THE GIANT BEHEMOTH and GORGO.

Production designer/art director Eugene Lourie received an Academy Award nomination for KRAKATOA: EAST OF JAVA (Maximilian Schell, Diane Baker). Lourie's special effects were intentionally filmed before the script was finished, so the script was written based on the special effects. In reality, Krakatoa is west of Java.

EUGENE-LOURIE-KRAKATOA-EAST-JAVA-FOTOR.jpg

In KRAKATOA: EAST OF JAVA, Lourie also had a cameo in the movie as the lighthouse keeper.

EUGENE-LOURIE-KRAKATOA-EAST-JAVA-CAMEO-FOTOR.jpg

Lourie also was the art director for BATTLE OF THE BULGE (Henry Fonda, Robert Shaw). One reviewer said, "Battle of the Bulge is at times stunning to look at..A good part of the credit must go to art director Eugene Lourie, who had designed films for directors as varied as Jean Renoir and Charlie Chaplin (and who directed several films himself, including The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms). Lourie's sets are outstanding...while his supervision of the picture's extensive visual effects is often equally superb."

IN BATTLE OF THE BULGE, Lourie's model German King Tiger tank rams an American M4 Sherman commanded by Telly Savalas (in reality the King Tiger was an American-made M47 Patton and the M4 Sherman was an M24 Chaffee).

EUGENE-LOURIE-BATTLE-OF-BULGE-KING-TIGER-M4-SHERMAN.jpg

EUGENE-LOURIE-BATTLE-OF-BULGE-LOURIE-M24-CHAFFEE.jpg

Lourie is best known for directing three movies in which giant dinosaurs attack a major city. The first was Ray Harryhausen's classic THE BEAST FROM 20,00 FATHOMS (which inspired GODZILLA) in which a frozen Rhedosaurus is thawed out by an atomic bomb test and attacks New York.

EUGENE-LOURIE-BEAST-FROM-20-000-FATHOMS-FOTOR.jpg

EUGENE-LOURIE-BEAST-FROM-20-000-FATHOMS-GODZILLA-FOTOR.jpg

Lourie's second giant dinosaur movie was THE GIANT BEHEMOTH in which a Palaeosaurus, irradiated by nuclear bomb tests, attacks London.

EUGENE-LOURIE-GIANT-BEHEMOTH-FOTOR.jpg

Lourie's third giant dinosaur movie was GORGO in which a giant dinosaur is captured and put on display in a London circus when its even bigger mother wrecks London to free her baby.

EUGENE-LOURIE-GORGO-FOTOR.jpg

TUESDAY, MARCH 10

PART 1 (PART 2 is in the post below this one).

JUNGLE CRUISE---new trailer released for the movie starring Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_HvoipFcA8

RED DWARF---trailer released for the UKTV 90-minute special.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MuGQv1lp-Y

DOCTOR WHO---Jo Martin said she is not the "new" Doctor Who after being introduced in the "Fugitive of the Judoon" episode, "The thing is, not everyone saw the episode when it went out, but suddenly they saw all the publicity that blew up around it and read it in the papers or saw it on social media. It meant they didn't get to see the reveal first-hand, which, for me, was the best part. They were like, "You're the new Doctor!" And I'm like, "Well... I'm not the new Doctor. I'm a Doctor. You'll have to watch the episode."
Also, the Season 12 finale, "The Timeless Children", drew only 3.78 million viewers, the second lowest audience of Season 12. The BBC America audience was only 374,00 compared to 790,000 viewers for the Season 12 premiere episode. This means the American audience lost 52% of its viewers in only 10 episodes.
BBC replied to the flood of viewer complaints about "The Timeless Children".
"Doctor Who is a beloved long-running series and we understand that some people will feel attached to a particular idea they have of the Doctor, or that they enjoy certain aspects of the programme more than others. Opinions are strong and this is indicative of the imaginative hold that Doctor Who has – that so many people engage with it on so many different levels.
We wholeheartedly support the creative freedom of the writers and we feel that creating an origin story is a staple of science fiction writing. What was written does not alter the flow of stories from William Hartnell’s brilliant Doctor onwards – it just adds new layers and possibilities to this ongoing saga.
We have also received many positive reactions to the episode’s cliff-hanger. There are still a lot of questions to be answered, and we hope that you will come back to join us and see what happens, but we appreciate that it’s impossible to please all of our viewers all of the time and your feedback has been raised with the programme’s Executive Producer.”

DOCTOR-WHO-JO-MARTIN.jpg

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER---Vin Diesel said the Guardians of the Galaxy might appear in the sequel, “I am waiting and excited for my friend James Gunn to knock this next one out of the park. He took THE SUICIDE SQUAD, so he’s about to embark on it. THOR will also, the director talked to me about THOR [which] will incorporate some of the Guardians of the Galaxy. That’ll be very interesting, nobody knows, maybe I shouldn’t have said anything.”

STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER---creature effects supervisor Neal Scanlan said a deleted scene had Kylo Ren battling as spider-like creature named Eye of Webbish Bog, “That was a character that was designed very early on in the day. Jake Lunt [Davies], who’s one of my concept designers, we were all playing around with this idea and talking about it and he did this drawing and J.J. [Abrams] saw it and went, ‘That is amazing.’ It was one of those moments where it was like, ‘This has to be in the movie.’
So we actually did build it and we took it to a place called Black Park in the UK, which is close to Pinewood Studios, where we shot it in a lake on location, and that sequence exists. Unfortunately it didn’t make it to the movie story, plot-wise, etc. It was a fully practical character shot in a location, and it is amazing."
He added, “I hope that we can maybe bring that back in some way shape or form on the TV series [THE MANDALORIAN] or that we can revisit that character in some way because it was a haunting image and a very unusual image. But one which I think was incredibly STAR WARS. So yeah, somewhere there’s footage of that.”

STAR-WARS-EYE-OF-WEBBISH-BOG.jpg

A QUIET PLACE PART II---John Krasinski said he likes the sequel better than the original movie, "I said I would never do a second one. Nothing could be as personal or be as organic to me as the first one, and turns out, I think I like this one better." His wife, Emily Blunt said she's willing to return for a second sequel, “It broke my body in half, but I’d be willing to do it again to work with those boys who I love. So let’s see.”

EDGE OF TOMORROW---Emily Blunt commented on the status of the long-gestating Doug Liman sequel, "I think there’s an idea, that he says is great. And he says this guy came in and cracked the case. How the stars will all align for us to be able to do it, I don’t know. I hope they do.”
She then joked about how long the sequel is taking, “Tom and I are going to be 70 before we make another one. It’s going to look a bit weird. We’ll have to do a real flashforward one. We’ll go full IRISHMAN, it’ll be the IRISHMAN version of EDGE OF TOMORROW. Who knows? I hope, I’m going to talk to Doug about it."

EDGE-OF-TOMORROW-FOTOR.jpg

TRON---Disney+ cancelled a secret TRON tv series being developed by John Ridley (12 YEARS A SLAVE).

LOST IN SPACE---Netflix renewed the series for Season 3 which will be the last season.

MULLIGAN---Netflix animated comedy sci fi series in which mankind has to resurrect itself after an alien invasion has destroyed most of the Earth. Tina Fey is co-producer.

THE BRIDES---Goran Visnjic (ER) will play Dracula in the ABC pilot about Dracula's three wives, who have left him for dead in his wrecked castle in the Carpathian mountains, in modern America.

HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS---producer Jason Blum said he would like to make a movie based on the annual Universal Studios theme parks event for Halloween.

THE LAST WITCH HUNTER---Vin Diesel said a sequel might be underway, "...I’m in a meeting with Lionsgate and they’re actively creating the sequel to THE LAST WITCH HUNTER."

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 11

GREYHOUND---new international trailer released for the Tom Hanks World War II movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL2BzFT88Bs

DRACULA---Karyn Kusama (JENNIFER'S BODY) will direct this Blumhouse modern-day vampire movie based on the Universal Studios horror movie that starred Bela Lugosi.

DRACULA-LUGOSI.jpg

SONY/MARVEL---Roberto Orci (THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2) will write the script for a Sony Spider-Man spinoff movie featuring a new superhero from the Marvel Universe.

PETER PAN & WENDY---Alexander Molony (THE RELUCTANT LANDLORD) and Ever Anderson (daughter of Milla Jovovich) will star in the Walt Disney live-action movie based on the novel PETER & WENDY.

LOKI---Richard E. Grant (STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER) has joined the cast of the Marvel/Disney+ tv series in an undisclosed role.

SONG OF THE SOUTH---Walt Disney head Bog Iger said the 1946 movie SONG OF THE SOUTH will not be re-released for Disney+ because it is, “not appropriate in today’s world”. Disney+ will stream other Disney movies with an "outdated cultural depictions" disclaimer. SONG OF THE SOUTH is set on a post-Civil War plantation in Georgia and might be considered racist in today's society.

SONG-OF-THE-SOUTH-FOTOR.jpg

WHAT IF...?---voice cast for the Marvel/Disney+ animated tv series includes Michael B. Jordan, Sebastian Stan, Josh Brolin, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, Samuel L. Jackson, Chris Hemsworth, Hayley Atwell, Chadwick Boseman, Karen Gillan, Jeremy Renner, Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, Neal McDonough, Dominic Cooper, Natalie Portman, Stanley Tucci, Taika Waititi, Toby Jones, Djimon Hounsou, Jeff Goldblum and Michael Rooker.

THE MAN FROM TORONTO---Woody Harrelson has replaced the departed Jason Statham in the Kevin Hart action comedy movie.

WAHL STREET---HBO Max documentary series focuses on the business career of Mark Wahlberg.

IMPULSE---Youtube cancelled the series.

TRIVIA---Sean Connery and Denholm Elliott appeared in four movies: ROBIN AND MARIAN, A BRIDGE TOO FAR, CUBA and INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE.

In ROBIN AND MARIAN, Sean Connery played Robin Hood and Audrey Hepburn played Marian.

CONNERY-ELLIOTT-ROBIN-AND-MARIAN-1-FOTOR.jpg

In ROBIN AND MARIAN, Denholm Elliott played Will Scarlet.

CONNERY-ELLIOTT-ROBIN-AND-MARIAN-DENHOLM-FOTOR.jpg

In A BRIDGE TOO FAR, Connery played Maj. Gen. Roy Urquhart.

CONNERY-ELLIOTT-A-BRIDGE-TOO-FAR-CONNERY-FOTOR.jpg

In A BRIDGE TOO FAR, Elliott played the RAF meteorology officer.

CONNERY-ELLIOTT-A-BRIDGE-TOO-FAR-DENHOLM-ELLIOTT-FOTOR.jpg

In CUBA, Connery played Maj. Robert Dapes, and Brooke Adams played Alexandra Lopez de Pulido.

CONNERY-ELLIOTT-CUBA-SEAN-CONNERY-FOTOR.jpg

In CUBA, Elliott played Donald Skinner.

CONNERY-ELLIOTT-CUBA-DENHOLM-FOTOR.jpg

IN INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE, Connery played Prof. Henry Jones, Sr., and Elliott played Marcus Brody.

CONNERY-ELLIOTT-INDIANA-JONES-LAST-CRUSADE-FOTOR.jpg

THURSDAY, MARCH 12

STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER---bloopers released from the sequel.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyKlNo2moBg

A QUIET PLACE PART III---although PART II's premiere has been delayed indefinitely due to the coronavirus, John Krasinski said he already has ideas for PART III, “It’s interesting, I genuinely hadn’t thought about a second one when I was doing the first one. However, I really had these questions while I was doing it. I put the fires out in the distance in the first one, and I always thought to myself, ‘Wouldn’t it be cool if we got to explore where those fires lead to? Who’s on the other end of those fires?’ But I never thought that there would be a sequel. So then when I actually came around to writing the sequel, I started with the fires. And so this time, I think when my brain started wandering of questions of what would this mean later on, I started to write down notes in case I could prepare myself for a third one.”

A-QUIET-PLACE-III-FOTOR.jpg

AMERICAN GIGOLO---Jon Bernthal will star in the Showtime pilot based on the 1980 Richard Gere movie.

AMERICAN-GIGOLO-JON-BERNTHAL-FOTOR.jpg

SUSPICION---Uma Thurman stars in this Apple TV+ remake of the Israeli drama FALSE FLAG in which a prominent New York businesswoman's son is kidnapped in a plush New York hotel where four British guests are the suspects.

STATION 19---ABC renewed the series for Season 4.

CALL YOUR DAUGHTER HOME---Netflix series underway based on the novel.

DAWN OF THE PALADIN---four-movie franchise underway about a team of mercenaries hired to protect a three-planet colony. Chris Collins (STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS, JOHN WICK 3: PARABELLUM) is the co-writer.

SAVED BY THE BELL---Mark-Paul Gosselaar said he will appear in only three episodes of the Peacock reboot series due to a schedule problem.

TRIVIA---during World War II, Academy Award-winner Paul Newman was a Yale freshman when he enlisted in the Navy to become a pilot. He failed the flight physical due to color blindness, but he became a radioman-gunner in a TBF Avenger torpedo bomber.
Newman and his Avenger pilot were part of a group of replacement aviators that were to deploy aboard the aircraft carrier USS Bunker Hill. However, Newman's pilot got an ear infection which resulted in the pilot and Newman being left behind as the unit's other aviators boarded the Bunker Hill.
During the invasion of Okinawa, two Japanese kamikazes crashed into the Bunker Kill, killing 390 crewmen, including the men in Newman's unit. Because of his pilot's ear infection, Newman and his pilot were the sole survivors of their unit.

During World War II, Academy Award-winner Paul Newman was a Yale freshman when he enlisted in the Navy to become a pilot. He failed the flight physical due to color blindness, but he became a radioman-gunner in a TBF Avenger torpedo bomber.

PAUL-NEWMAN-1-FOTOR.jpg

Newman and his Avenger pilot were part of a group of replacement aviators that were to deploy aboard the aircraft carrier USS Bunker Hill. However, Newman's pilot got an ear infection which resulted in the pilot and Newman being left behind as the unit's other aviators boarded the Bunker Hill. The photo below shows a damaged Avenger after landing on the Bunker Hill.

PAUL-NEWMAN-TBF-AVENGER-FOTOR.jpg

During the invasion of Okinawa, two Japanese kamikazes crashed into the Bunker Kill, killing 390 crewmen, including the men in Newman's unit. Because of his pilot's ear infection, Newman and his pilot were the sole survivors of their unit.

PAUL-NEWMAN-BUNKER-HILL-1-FOTOR.jpg

PAUL-NEWMAN-BUNKER-HILL-2-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, MARCH 13

SEA FEVER---trailer released for the sci fi horror movie starring Connie Nielsen and Dougray Scott.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYkJga_JJmE

THE QUARRY---trailer released for the movie starring Michael Shannon and Shea Whigham.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSkFIfgNdIg

50 STATES OF FRIGHT---trailer released for the Sam Raimi/Quibi horror anthology series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYZcmaBvpDI

WONDER WOMAN 1984---poster released shows Wonder Woman's new Golden Eagle armor.

WONDER-WOMAN-1984-FOTOR.jpg

MARVEL & STAR WARS---Damon Lindelof (LOST, STAR TREK reboot) said he wants to be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, “I think that doing something in the Marvel Universe, anywhere in the Marvel Universe, would be really potentially exciting for me, especially as they start to get a little bit more experimental. Some of the things that I’ve seen for WANDAVISION, for example, just feel like, ‘Okay, now we’re getting somewhere.’ Particularly in a television space.”
Lindelof also said he would k=like to part of the STAR WARS franchise, And, at some point, but certainly not in the immediate future, I feel like I would love to do something in the STAR WARS universe. Maybe a decade from now when I would no longer be blamed for ruining it. That would be a hoot.”

SPIDER-MAN---Tom Holland said the latest sequel will start filming in July with Zendaya returning.

THE WALKING DEAD---Norman Reedus commented on what his reaction would be if Daryl was killed off, "I'll burn down that building."

SCREAM 5---Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett (READY OR NOT) will direct the latest movie in the franchise.

JULIA---Sarah Lancashire replaces departed Joan Cusack in the HBO Max pilot about Julia Child.

ANTHONY ROBLES---untitled biomovie about the NCAA wrestling champ and National Wrestling Hall of Fame member who was born with one leg. Jason Hall (AMERICAN SNIPER) will write the script. Dwayne Johnson is the producer.

TRIVIA---in the movie HOPSCOTCH, rogue CIA agent Miles Kendig (Walter Matthau) hires a charter plane to fly him out of the US. The charter pilot, Carla (Lucy Saroyan), tells Kendig, "You remind me of my father." Saroyan is Matthau's daughter-in-law, and the daughter of writer William Saroyan.

HOPSCOTCH-MATTHAU-FOTOR.jpg

MONDAY, MARCH 16

THE WALKING DEAD---trailer released for the next episode.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie_pm2BzZ9Q

WESTWORLD---trailer released for the next episode.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpWDHV3hNpM

WESTSIDE STORY---photos released from the Steven Spielberg remake movie.

WEST-SIDE-STORY-2.jpg

WEST-SIDE-STORY-1.jpg

STAR TREK: PICARD---fans are unhappy about PICARD not having the optimistic, episodic approach that THE NEXT GENERATION had. Showrunner Michael Chabon replied to the fan complaints, “We had a commitment to telling the story of how time changes people and how twenty years can put you into a completely different place that you never would have imagined. As a fan, I share that desire to go back, and to have it be the same and to want more of what I already know I love. That sort of inherent conservatism – not in a political sense – I just meant there’s a lower-case ‘c’ conservatism in a fan’s heart that says if you already know you love something, why would you want it to be different?”
He added that more elements from THE NEXT GENERATION will be added in Season 2, “’Oh, we can bring back this, we can bring back that, and we’ll have Ferengi, and we’ve mentioned Janeway and all these things that fans are continually asking me about now.”, but he cautioned that bringing back old characters must be done carefully and not, “in the most perfunctory way – which would be satisfying to nobody.”

STAR-TREK-PICARD-SEVEN-OF-NINE-2.jpg

STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER---photo released of JJ Abrams directing Daisy Ridey as she sits on Palpatine's throne. The scene in the movie lasted less than one second.

STAR-WARS-RISE-OF-SKYWALKER-REY-FOTOR.jpg

CORONAVIRUS---industry experts predict the coronavirus will cause the global entertainment box office to lose $17 billion due to shutdowns and delays if the virus lasts through May. Current losses are already $7 billion. The delayed premiers of NO TIME TO DIE will cause a loss of $30 million-$50 million, and A QUIET PLACE PART II's delayed premiere will cost about $30 million. Temporary movie and tv shutdowns include JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION, THE BATMAN, MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 7, RED NOTICE, THE LORD OF THE RINGS, THE WITCHER , THE ORVILLE and LOKI.

NCIS---Sean Murray posted a photo of Christopher Lloyd, who will guest star as Joe Smith, a crewman on the USS Arizona who survived the battleship's sinking during the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor and wants his ashes spread at the Arizona Memorial.

NCIS-CHRISTOPHER-LLOYD-FOTOR.jpg

THE WALKING DEAD---Chandler Riggs predicted how the zombie series will end, "My kind of theory is that the whole CRM thing they're setting up, they're setting it up to be the CRM versus the Commonwealth and there’s gonna be like a big battle at the end. That's kind of how they're gonna close out the whole franchise. That's my guess. I promise I know nothing, I’m not spoiling anything. This is purely my guess. Disclaimer! ... Rick will be at CRM or whatever and then Maggie will be at the Commonwealth, that's kind of my guess."

Walter Gotell appeared in seven James Bond movies. He played KGB Gen. Gogol in six Bond movies starting with THE SPY WHO LOVED ME and ending with THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS. He played SPECTRE henchman Morzeny in FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE.
Gotell co-starred in the slasher movie sequel SLEEPAWAY CAMP II: UNHAPPY CAMPERS, where he played head counselor Uncle John, who is killed by transgendered counselor Angela, played by Pamela Springsteen, sister of Bruce Springsteen.

Walter Gotell played KGB Gen. Gogol in six James Bond movies including THE SPY WHO LOVED ME with Barbara Bach, Ringo Starr's wife.

WALTER-GOTELL-FROM-RUSSIA-WITH-LOVE-FOTOR.jpg

Gotell played SPECTRE henchman Morzeny in FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE with Robert Shaw as assassin Red Grant.

WALTER-GOTELL-FROM-RUSSIA-WITH-LOVE-FOTOR.png

In SLEEPAWAY CAMP II: UNHAPPY CAMPERS, Gotell played head counselor Uncle John.

WALTER-GOTELL-CAMP-SLEEPAWAY-2-FOTOR.jpg

Uncle John is killed by transgender counselor Angela, who is played by Pamela Springsteen, the sister of Bruce Springsteen.

WALTER-GOTELL-CAMP-SLEEPAWAY-SPRINGSTEEN-2-FOTOR.jpg

WALTER-GOTELL-CAMP-SLEEPAWAY-BRUCE-SPRINGSTEEN-FOTOR.jpg

TUESDAY, MARCH 17

THE POSTCARD KILLINGS---trailer released for the Jeffrey Dean Morgan movie based on the novel.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QRHFazHpuc

UPLOAD---trailer released for the new Amazon Prime tv series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZfZj2bn_xg

2020 GOLDEN RASPBERRY AWARDS---winners for the 2020 Raspberry "Razzie" Awards were announced.

Worst Picture---CATS
Worst Actor---John Travolta (THE FANATIC, TRADING PAINT)
Worst Actress---Hillary Duff (THE HAUNTING OF SHARON TATE)
Worst Supporting Actor---James Corden (CATS)
Worst Supporting Actress---Rebel Wilson (CATS)
Worst Screen Combo: Any Two Half-Felines/Half-Human Hairballs---CATS
Worst Director---Tom Hooper (CATS)
Worst Screenplay---Lee Hall and Tom Hooper (CATS)
Worst Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel---RAMBO: LAST BLOOD
Worst Reckless Disregard for Human Life and Public Property---RAMBO: LAST BLOOD
Razzie Redeemer Award---Eddie Murphy (DOLEMITE IS MY NAME)

RAZZIES-CATS-FOTOR.jpg

WESTWORLD---the Season 3 premiere drew 901,000 viewers which is the lowest audience in series history and down 57% from Season 2's premiere of 2.01 million. However, the low ratings were probably due to the Democratic presidential debate in the same time slot.

STAR TREK---Simon Pegg commented on if he and his reboot co-stars are returning for the Noah Hawley movie, "I have no idea. I don’t know anything about it. I’m pretty sure we’re not involved. There are a lot of iterations of Star Trek, and there’s room for more than one in film, as well. And I’m a big fan of Noah Hawley’s, so I’m very interested to see what he does."

SPIDER-MAN---Kevin Smith talked about a rumor on the Spider-Man sequel, "I heard another piece of good f-ckin' news. Did You hear that Spider-Man, the new Spider-Man movie, gonna have a lawyer in it? … Charlie Cox, they're bringing in as Matt Murdock. That's been the rumor online and they say that's like the one that like Marvel's like god **** it how did that get out?"

SUPERMAN---Amy Adams said she is interested in returning as Lois Lane in a future Superman movie, but she thinks Warner Bros. is not interested in another Henry Cavill Superman movie, "I think [Warner Bros. is] moving in a different direction, from my understanding,"

LEX LUTHOR---Jesse Eisenberg was asked if he would like to return as Lex Luthor in a future DC Comics superhero movie, Oh yeah, I would love to, because it’s such a cool character. To play a villain in a superhero movie is the fun part. The good guys are fine, but the villains is the fun part because they get to be a little bit more flamboyant. Of course, the hero gets to, you know, survive. But the villain has all the funny lines. I don’t know about the first part, but the second part is something that I could definitely be involved in, sure.”

TRIVIA---British actors Richard Burton and Donald Houston both served in the RAF during World War II. Both actors played RAF squadron mates in the D-Day epic THE LONGEST DAY where Burton played Flight Officer Campbell, and Houston played Flying Officer Neil. They reunited for another World War II movie, WHERE EAGLES DARE, where Burton played British double agent Maj. John Smith, and Houston played Nazi double agent Capt. Olaf Christiansen.

In the D-Day epic THE LONGEST DAY, Richard Burton played RAF Flight Officer Campbell, and Donald Houston played Flying Officer Neil.

BURTON-HOUSTON-LONGEST-DAY-FOTOR.jpg

Burton and Houston reunited for another World War II movie, WHERE EAGLES DARE, where Burton played British double agent Maj. John Smith, and Houston played Nazi double agent Capt. Olaf Christiansen.

BURTON-HOUSTON-WHERE-EAGLES-DARE-4-FOTOR.jpg

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 18

THE SKYWALKER LEGACY---Lucasfilm documentary released on the making of STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-RmN3tZHD0

BOSCH---trailer released for Season 6.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTGPN0Ugt8A

TOP GUN: MAVERICK---Tom Cruise and producer Jerry Bruckheimer commented on the real flying stunts in F/A-18 Super Hornet fighters used in the sequel. Cruise said, “I realized that there were things that we could accomplish cinematically. And I started getting excited about this big challenge of, ‘How do we do it?’ So I said to Jerry, ‘I’ll do it if…’ meaning, I’m not going to do the CGI stuff… I said to the studio, ‘You don’t know how hard this movie’s going to be. No-one’s ever done this before,’. There’s never been an aerial sequence shot this way. I don’t know if there ever will be again, to be honest.”
Bruckheimer said, “What’s different about this movie is that [in the original TOP GUN] we put the actors in the F-14s and we couldn’t use one frame of it, except some stuff on Tom, because they all threw up. It’s hysterical to see their eyes roll back in their heads. So everything was done on a gimbal. But in this movie, Tom wanted to make sure the actors could actually be in the F-18s.”

TOP-GUN-1-FOTOR.jpg

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 7---photo released of Tom Cruise in a motorcycle stunt on the film set which was moved to England after production was shut down in Italy due to the coronavirus.

MISSION-IMPOSSIBLE-7-BIG.jpg

CATS---a Twitter follower of writer Ben Mekler (G.I. JOE: RETALIATION) tweeted that buttholes were removed from the cats after post-production, "A VFX producer friend of a friend was hired in November to finish some of the 400 effects shots in catsmovie. His entire job was to remove CGI buttholes that had been inserted a few months before. Which means that, somewhere out there, there exists a butthole cut of Cats". This has led to the creation of the #ReleaseTheButtholeCut hashtag, which includes Rian Johnson and Seth Rogen, that is asking Universal Pictures to release the butthole version of the movie.

CATS-BUTTHOLES-FOTOR-2.jpg

THE WINDS OF WINTER---George RR Martin spoke about finishing the sequel novel amidst the coronavirus, "For those of you who may be concerned for me personally… yes, I am aware that I am very much in the most vulnerable population, given my age and physical condition. But I feel fine at the moment, and we are taking all sensible precautions. I am off by myself in a remote isolated location, attended by one of my staff, and I’m not going in to town or seeing anyone."

WHEN WE PRAY---Jamie Foxx will direct this faith-based movie described as, “The plot is about two brothers who become pastors at different churches in the same community. One brother develops his church into a modern, high-tech congregation that uses digital devices and ATMs. The other brother follows a humbler path but soon finds his church in decline and in need of financial help.”

TRIVIA---in the STAR TREK pilot "The Cage" (later released as "The Menagerie"), the two Talosians were played by actresses Meg Wyllie and Georgia Schmidt. Wylie played the Talosian Keeper, and Schmidt played the other Talosian. Both actresses later appeared in famous sci fi movies. Wyllie played Granny Gordon in THE LAST STARFIGHTER, and Schmidt played the woman who hanged herself in THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN.

THE-CAGE-WYLLIE-SCHMIDT-FOTOR.jpg

THE-CAGE-COMBO-FOTOR.jpg

Wyllie later played Granny Gordon in THE LAST STARFIGHTER with Catherine Mary Stewart.

THE-CAGE-MEG-WYYLIE-FOTOR.jpg

Schmidt later played the woman who hanged herself in in the alien microbe-infected town of Piedmont, Arizona in THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN.

THE-CAGE-GEORGIA-SHMIDT-ANDROMEDA-STRAIN-FOTOR.jpg

THURSDAY, MARCH 19

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI---Rian Johnson said he wished he had test screenings for THE LAST JEDI like in KNIVES OUT, “[KNIVES OUT] was like a party in the theater, it was really fun. It was like the first time I was like ‘Oh wow, this actually plays. This is good.’ Which is really nice and that’s something on STAR WARS, you can’t test STAR WARS movies for a lot of different reasons. I’ve always hated test screening, and when we were making STAR WARS, at a certain point in the process you’re like ‘God, I would give my left arm to put this in front of 300 people in Burbank and just see how it plays.'”
Also, JJ Abrams commented on why he had Rey being related to Palapatine after the "you're nobody" from THE LAST JEDI, “I think one of the themes of the movie is that anyone can be anything regardless of where you’re from, and I don’t know if it resonates for everyone but I think there are quite a few people who appreciate that idea of not coming from a place that you’re not particularly excited about following or proud of. And though I completely understand ‘you’re nobody’ is a devastating thing, to me the more painful, the more shocking thing was the idea that you’re from the worst possible place. And is that thing that you feel that you know is part of you somehow, that you’re haunted by, is that your destiny? And the idea that there are things more powerful than blood, as Luke says, that thing was a really important thing to convey for us.”

STAR-WARS-RIAN-JOHNSON-2.jpg

THREE THOUSAND YEARS OF LONGING---George Miller's upcoming movie starring Tilda Swinton and Idris Elba involves a lonely English woman who vacations in Istanbul. She then finds a bottle containing a genie who will grant her three wishes.

CORONA ZOMBIES---Full Moon Features zombie movie based on the coronavirus which is described as, "A government asleep at the wheel! The wealthy shrugging it off! And a virus that causes its victims to get up and kill! The people they kill... get up and kill." Full Moon's Twitter account has an altered photo of President Trump and other government officials with the movie poster.

CORONA-ZOMBIES.jpg

CHUCK---Zachary Levi said he still wants to make a movie based on the NBC tv series, "There's nothing really to say about CHUCK other than I'm still trying to make that movie at some point. I would love to do it, and I've talked to Yvonne and Adam and Josh and Ryan and Sarah. I've talked to everybody, even when we finished shooting the last season, like, 'hey if I could ever get this thing off the ground, would you guys be down for it?' Everybody's seemingly on board and wants to make it happen. So I gotta figure it out. I have to have the right script. I would love to get Chris Fedak... Chris Fedak, if you're watching this, now is the time we can write it! I need to get the script so I can go pitch it to places, like Amazon. CHUCK's on Amazon, so might as well start there."

ARROW---Stephen Amell said he is not returning to the Arrowverse, “No, I’m done. That was good. It was a good eight years but it was time to be done. It was actually really, really weird to watch The CW again. It was weird seeing promos for SUPERGIRL and FLASH and BATWOMAN again. It seems like a different lifetime. I don’t think I’ll be doing that again.”

BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY---Bill Nye has filed a $28 million lawsuit against the Walt Disney Company in which he claims Disney did not pay him fully on their 50% profits distribution deal.

TRIVIA---male superstars Clint Eastwood and Burt Reynolds starred in CITY HEAT with Blake Edwards (THE PINK PANTHER) as the writer-director. According to film critic and Eastwood biographer Richard Schickel, Edwards insisted that his wife, Julie Andrews, co-star in the movie. However, Reynolds, who did not get along with Andrews in THE MAN WHO LOVED WOMEN, was not happy that he might have to work with Andrews again. Eastwood supported Reynolds and had Edwards fired. Edwards has his co-writing credit listed as "Sam O. Brown" or S.O.B., which was the title for his cynical movie about Hollywood. Edwards said, "The whole thing was such a horrendous experience it could have come right out of S.O.B. In fact it inspired me to write S.O.B. 2."

CITY HEAT starred male sex symbols Clint Eastwood and Burt Reynolds with writer/director Blake Edwards (THE PINK PANTHER).

CITY-HEAT-TIME-FOTOR.jpg

CITY-HEAT-EASTWOOD-REYNOLDS-FOTOR.jpg

Edwards insisted that his wife, Julie Andrews, co-star in the movie. However, Reynolds, who did not get along with Andrews in THE MAN WHO LOVED WOMEN, was not happy that he might have to work with Andrews again. Eastwood supported Reynolds and had Edwards fired.

CITY-HEAT-MAN-WHO-LOVED-WOMEN-FOTOR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back