Movie/TV News (5 Viewers)

TUESDAY, JANUARY 21

DISPATCHES FROM ELSEWHERE--trailer released for the new AMC anthology series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EUCA0rUZXg

MANHUNT: DEADLY GAMES---trailer released for the Spectrum crime series Season 2 about Richard Jewell.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foMucpnzrBU

DUNE---sci fi novelist Brian Clement tweeted his comments about film footage of the Denis Villeneuve remake (since deleted at the studio's request), “Based only on the footage I saw (since people are curious), I think this will blow people away the way LOTR did 20 years ago, the way Star Wars did 40 years ago. It’s not Jodorowsky or Lynch, but maybe Villeneuve has filmed the unfilmable… I’m not exaggerating when I say a lot of people will have goosebumps/tears when they see this movie (I might!). Heck, when they see the footage I saw they will.”

DUNE-DENIS-FOTOR.jpg

KUNG FU---David Leitch (HOBBS & SHAW, DEADPOOL 2) will direct the Universal Pictures movie based on the David Carradine tv series.

KUNG-FU-CARRADINE-FOTOR.jpg

THE MATRIX 4---Hugo Weaving said he will not return as Agent smith, “It’s unfortunate but actually, I had this offer [for THE VISIT] and then the offer came from THE MATRIX, so I knew it was happening but I didn’t have dates. I thought could do both and it took eight weeks to work out that the dates would work — I held off on accepting [THE VISIT]. I was in touch with Lana Wachowski, but in the end, she decided that the dates weren’t going to work. So we’d sorted the dates and then she sort of changed her mind. They’re pushing on ahead without me."

DOLITTLE---multiple film finance experts predict the Robert Downey, Jr. movie will lose $100 million for Universal Studios.

WORLD WAR Z 2---co-producer Jeremy Kleiner commented on if the sequel, which was canceled by Paramount Pictures for budget reasons, will ever be made, “Someday. We love Max Brooks’ book. We love the universe of it. It doesn’t feel like WORLD WAR Z is done and over with.”

LEONARD BERNSTEIN---Bradley Cooper is the star, director and co-writer of this untitled Netflix biomovie about composer Leonard Bernstein and his complex marriage to Felicia Montealegre.

A COLUMN OF FIRE---Epix miniseries sequel to the miniseries based on the Ken Follett novels, THE PILLARS OF THE EARTH and WORLD WITHOUT END.

TRIVIA---two actors who appeared in James Cameron's TITANIC also appeared in other Titanic movies. David Warner, who played the doomed Spicer Lovejoy in TITANIC, played real life survivor Lawrence Beesley in the tv movie S.O.S. TITANIC. Bernard Fox, who played Col. Archibald Gracie IV in TITANIC, played Titanic crewman Frederick Fleet in A NIGHT TO REMEMBER in which he spotted the deadly iceberg and exclaimed, "Iceberg dead ahead, Sir!"

David Warner played doomed Spicer Lovejoy in TITANIC.

DAVID-WARNER-TITANIC-FOTOR.jpg

DAVID-WARNER-TITANIC.jpg

Warner played real life survivor Lawrence Beesley in S.O.S. TITANIC.

DAVID-WARNER-SOS-TITANIC-FOTOR.jpg

DAVID-WARNER-SOS-TITANIC-3-A.jpg

Bernard Fox played Col. Archibald Gracie IV with David Warner in TITANIC.

DAVID-WARNER-BERNARD-FOX-TITANIC-FOTOR-1.jpg

Fox played crewman Frederick Fleet who spotted the deadly iceberg and exclaimed, "Iceberg dead ahead, Sir!" in A NIGHT TO REMEMBER.

DAVID-WARNER-BERNARD-FOX-A-NIGHT-TO-REMEMBER-FOTOR.jpg

DAVID-WARNER-BERNARD-FOX-A-NIGHT-TO-REMEMBER-TITANIC-FOTOR.jpg

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 22

THE BALLAD OF SONGBIRDS AND SNAKES---Lionsgate movie underway based on the upcoming THE HUNGER GAMES prequel novel focusing on the origin of President Snow.

BALLAD-OF-SONGBIRDS-AND-SNAKES-SNOW.jpg

SHANG-CHI AND THE LEGEND OF THE TEN RINGS---Michelle Yeoh is in negotiations to co-star in the Marvel Studios movie in an undisclosed role.

SHANG-CHI-MICHELLE-YEOH.jpg

AMERICAN CRIME STORY: IMPEACHMENT---Billy Eichner will play Drudge Report founder Matt Drudge in the FX series based on the Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky sex scandal book A VAST CONSPIRACY. The Drudge Report first broke the story about the sex scandal.

AMERICAN-CRIME-STORY-IMPEACHMENT-3.jpg

THE WITCHER: NIGHTMARE OF THE WOLF---Netflix animated movie underway with Beau DeMayo as the writer.

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK---Bad Robot and Warner Bros. signed a deal to develop movie and tv projects based on the DC comic book.

ZONE 414---Guy Pearce and Matilda Lutz star in this sci fi movie about a private investigator hired by a tycoon to find his missing daughter in a colony of humanoid robots.

DMZ---Rosario Dawson will star in the HBO Max pilot based on the comic book.

THE PRINCE---HBO max animated comedy series about the British royal family from the perspective of Prince George, the eldest child of Prince William and Princess Kate.

TRIVIA---character actor Dabbs Greer's career spanned over 50 years, but he is best remembered for playing Rev. Robert Alden on LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE. His last movie role was in Frank Darabont's THE GREEN MILE where he played the elder version of Paul Edgecomb (Tom Hanks). When Darabont chose Greer for THE GREEN MILE, he did not remember him for playing Rev. Alden or his other roles, but he remembered Greer as astronaut Eric Royce on the 1958 sci fi B-movie IT! THE TERROR FROM BEYOND SPACE, which was an inspiration for ALIEN. When Darabont first met Greer, he bought a movie poster of IT! THE TERROR FROM BEYOND SPACE and asked Greer to autograph it.

Character actor Dabbs Greer is best remembered for playing Rev. Robert Alden on LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE.

DABBS-GREER-LITTLE-HOUSE-PRAIRIE-FOTOR.jpg

Greer's last movie role was playing the older version of Paul Edgecomb (Tom Hanks) in Frank Darabont's THE GREEN MILE.

DABBS-GREER-GREEN-MILE-FOTOR.jpg

Darabont remembered Greer as astronaut Eric Royce in IT! THE TERROR FROM BEYOND SPACE, an inspiration for ALIEN.

DABBS-GREER-TE-TERROR-FROM-BEYOND-SPACE-FOTOR.png

When Darabont first met Greer, he bought a poster of IT! THE TERROR FROM BEYOND SPACE and asked Greer to autograph it.

DABBS-GREER-POSTER.jpg

THURSDAY, JANUARY 23

THE LAST THING HE WANTED---trailer released for the Netflix movie starring Anne Hathaway and Ben Affleck.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmrU6gMc1Lc

THE LODGE---new trailer released for the horror movie starring Riley Keough.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohLHereEOM8

STAR WARS EPISODE IX: DUEL OF THE FATES---leaked concept art from Colin Trevorrow's cancelled movie.

Force Ghost Luke blocks Kylo Ren's lightsaber with his hand.

STAR-WARS-IX-1.jpg

Luke trains Rey.

STAR-WARS-IX-3.jpg

Kylo Ren battles Darth Vader.

STAR-WARS-IX-2.jpg

THE FORCE---Matt Damon and director James Mangold (FORD v FERRARI) will reunite for this movie based on the novel about the head of an elite NYPD corruption unit who becomes corrupt himself.

THE-FORCE-MATT-DAMON-1.jpg

STAR TREK: PICARD---Whoopi Goldberg accepted Patrick Stewart's invitation to return as Guinan on PICARD. Goldberg said her appearances on THE NEXT GENERATION, “was one of the great experiences from the beginning to the end.”

STAR-TREK-WHOOPI-FOTOR.jpg

CAPTAIN MARVEL 2---Megan McDonnell (WANDAVISION) will write the sequel. Co-directors Anna Broden and Ryan Fleck are not returning in order to work on a Marvel/Disney+ series. Marvel Studios is seeking a new female director. The sequel is set in the present day.

FEAR AGENT---synopsis released for the Amazon tv series based on the comic book, “Interstellar invaders. Time travel. Clones of clones of clones, and lots of whiskey. Whether he’s battling the scourge of space, going back in time to stop the alien invasion that changed Earth forever, or winning his ex-wife back, there’s nothing that Heath Huston won’t do to try to right the wrongs and gets his family back. He is, after all, the last Fear Agent.”

ALEX CROSS---Amazon tv series underway based on the James Patterson novels.

BOB THE MUSICAL---Channing Tatum will star in this Walt Disney movie about a man who wakes up and finds he is trapped in a musical.

TRIVIA---January 23, 2020 is the 141st anniversary of the end of the Zulu siege of the British outpost at Rorke's Drift which was portrayed in ZULU, the movie that made Michael Caine a star.
Caine was a struggling actor who had already been turned down for the key role of Hooker in ZULU when he barely got the role of Lieutenant Bromhead. After filming began, a production secretary gave Caine a telegram from Paramount Studios in London which said, “Fire Michael Caine. He doesn’t know what to do with his hands.” Lieutenant Bromhead was a soldier of privileged background, so Caine used his hands based on how Prince Philip used his hands.
Caine then confronted producer and co-star Stanley Baker about the telegram, '“I know you’re going to fire me,” I began, concocting some wildly improbable tale of having accidentally seen the telegram in his office, “and I completely understand and I’ll go at once”.
He stood there for a moment and I realized he was actually angry.
“I am the producer of this movie, Michael,” he said. “Have I fired you?”
“No, Stan,” I said.
“Then get on with your job – and stop reading my f***ing mail or I will fire you!”'

Michael Caine and Stanley Baker starred in ZULU, the movie that made Caine a star.

ZULU-FOTOR.jpg

Thanks for the updates.

The ones that have my interest are Kung Fu movie, Columns of Fire series and The Force with Matt Damon.

FRIDAY, JANUARY 24

OBI-WAN KENOBI---two sources claim Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy put the Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+ miniseries on hold because the script was too similar to THE MANDALORIAN. Kennedy did not like the two scripts by Hossein Amini, and Lucasfilm was seeking a new writer. A source said, the “Kenobi story treaded similar ground as MANDALORIAN, seeing the Jedi master lending a protective hand to a young Luke and perhaps even a young Leia.” The production crew at Pinewood Studios was reportedly told pre-production was shut down "indefinitely".
However, Ewan McGregor said the reports are inaccurate, “It’s not been put on hold, it’s just been pushed back a little bit. The scripts are excellent and they just want them to be better. So we just pushed it back, but it’s not — it very dramatic, it would seem, online, there’s all kinds of ***** online about it, but it’s only just slid back a bit. We’re still shooting it, I think it will still be aired when it was meant to be and I’m really excited about it. It’ll be fun to play again.”
McGregor later added that Lucasfilm delayed the miniseries in order to polish the scripts, “Now that Episode IX [STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER] came out and everyone at Lucasfilm has got more time to spend on the writing, they felt they wanted more time to write the episodes. I’ve read about 80, 90 percent of what they’ve written so far, and it’s really, really good. Instead of shooting this August, they just want to start shooting in January, that’s all. Nothing more dramatic than that.”

OBI-WAN-KENOBI-EWAN-Mc-GREGOR-FOTOR.jpg

BLADE RUNNER---Denis Villeneuve said he would like to do another Blade Runner movie with new characters, but in the same film universe, “It’s such an inspiring place, the BLADE RUNNER world. The problem I have is the word ‘sequel.’ I think cinema needs original stories. But if you ask me if I’d like to revisit this universe in a different way, I can say yes. It would need to be a project on its own. Something disconnected from both other movies. A detective noir story set in the future… I wake up sometimes in the night dreaming about it.”

THE MATRIX---Brad Pitt said he turned a role in the hit movie, “I did pass on THE MATRIX. I took the red pill. That’s the only one I’m naming … I wasn’t offered two or three. Only the first one. Just to clarify that. I come from a place, maybe it’s my upbringing, if I didn’t get it, then it wasn’t mine. I really believe [the role] was never mine. It’s not mine. It was someone else’s and they go and make it. I really do believe in that. If we were doing a show on the great movies I’ve passed on, we would need two nights.” A source confirmed that Pitt turned down the Neo role that went to Keanu Reeves.

MATRIX-BRAD-PITT.jpg

GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE---VANITY FAIR commented on the reboot movie, “[Bill] Murray was definitely on the set at various times during that week last fall, as were Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson, reprising their respective roles as Peter Venkman, Ray Stantz, and Winston Zeddemore. Also visiting the location during that those days were Annie Potts the long-suffering receptionist Janine Melnitz and Sigourney Weaver who played frequent malevolence magnet Dana Barrett.”

PARASITE---Bong Joon-Ho commented on a possible plot for the HBO miniseries based on his movie, “For example when the original housekeeper Moon-Gwang (Lee Jung-Eun) comes back in the late-night, something happened to her face. Even her husband asked about it but she never answered. I know why she had the bruises on her face. I have a story for that and aside from that why does she know the existence of this bunker? What relationship does she have with that architect to know of this bunker? So I have all these hidden stories that I have stored."

DOCTOR WHO---Jodie Whittaker confirmed she is returning for Season 13, “Yes, I’m doing another season. That might be a massive exclusive that I’m not supposed to say, but it’s unhelpful for me to say [I don’t know] because it would be a massive lie!… I absolutely adore it. At some point, these shoes are going to be handed on, but it’s not yet. I’m clinging on tight!”

AMERICAN CRIME STORY: IMPEACHMENT---Betty Gilpin (GLOW) will play Ann Coulter in the FX series about the Bill Clinton/Monica Lewinsky sex scandal.

MEGA MAN---movie underway based on the video game with Mattson Tomlin (THE BATMAN) as the writer.

MEAN GIRLS---Paramount Pictures movie underway based on the Broadway musical.

TRIVIA---Kate Burton's first movie role was journalist Margo Litzenberger in BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA. Burton's father is Richard Burton.

Kate Burton's first movie role was journalist Margo Litzenberger in BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA.

BIG-TROUBLE-IN-LITTLE-CHINA-KATE-BURTON-FOTOR.jpg

Burton's father is Richard Burton.

BIG-TROUBLE-IN-LITTLE-CHINA-RICHARD-BURTON-FOTOR.jpg

I love Hollywood - they are going to make Mean Girls which is based on the broadway show..... which was based on the Hollywood movie!!!

MONDAY, JANUARY 27

HIGHEST-GROSSING DIRECTORS---the top 15 highest-grossing directors.

1. Steven Spielberg---$10.54 billion
2. Joe and Anthony Russo---$6.84 billion
3. Peter Jackson---$6.54 billion
4. Michael Bay---$6.44 billion
5. James Cameron---$6.23 billion
6. David Yates---$5.98 billion
7. Christopher Nolan---$4.70 billion
8. JJ Abrams---$4.62 billion
9. Tim Burton---$4.41 billion
10.Jon Favreau---$4.33 billion
11.Robert Zemeckis---$4.32 billion
12.Ron Howard---$4.30 billion
13.Ridley Scott---$4.2 billion
14.Chris Columbus---$4.0 billion
15.Roland Emmerich---$3.95 billion

TOP-15-DIRECTORS-SPIELBERG-FOTOR.jpg

ANACONDA---Sony Pictures remake underway of the 1997 movie that starred Jennifer Lopez , Jon Voight and Ice Cube. Evan Daugherty (DIVERGENT, SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN) is the writer.

ANACONDA-REMAKE-FOTOR.jpg

WALT DISNEY---Walt Disney is making two live-action/CGI remakes of its classic animated movies. PINOCCHIO will be directed and co-written by Robert Zemeckis. BAMBI will be written by Geneva Robertson-Dworet (CAPTAIN AMERICA) and Lindsey Beer (SIERRA BURGESS IS A LOSER).

BAMBI-PINOCCHIO-FOTOR.jpg

GAME OF THRONES---George RR Martin commented on the original plan to end the series with three theatrical movies, “Those responsible said: ‘we produce TV series, we are not in the cinema business, and when HBO does make movies, like now with the film that is based on the DEADWOOD series, they only produce it to show it on TV – not in the cinema. Everything is changing right now. What is cinema today? What is television? What is streaming? Is Netflix making cinema or television now? Everything mixes up.”

THE SEVENTH DAY---Guy Pearce and Stephen Lang star in this horror movie about a famous exorcist and a young priest who team up to exorcise a young boy possessed by an evil spirit.

INTO THIN AIR---movie underway about a rogue investigator and a journalist who team up to investigate the 2014 disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. Christian Rivers (MORTAL ENGINES) is the director.

MARVEL TV STUDIOS---Marvel TV cancelled the Hulu animated tv series HOWARD THE DUCK and TIGRA & DAZZLER.

THE MASK---Jim Carrey commented on a possible sequel, "THE MASK...it would depend on a filmmaker. It depends on a filmmaker really. I don’t want to do it just to do it. But I would only do it if it was some crazy visionary filmmaker. Sure.”

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
Tom Jones sang the title song for THUNDERBALL with lyrics by Don Black. Jones and Black reunited for THE PINK PANTHER STRIKES AGAIN, which was a parody of the James Bond movies. Jones sang THE PINK PANTHER STRIKES AGAIN's Academy Award-nominated love theme, "Come to Me" which was used in the movie's final scene with Chief Inspector Clouseau and Soviet assassin Olga Bariosova (Lesley-Anne Down) in Clouseau's bedroom.

Tom Jones sang the THUNDERBALL theme with lyrics by Don Black.

THUNDERBALL LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9_o-uRoi2s

TOM-JONES-DON-BLACK-THUNDERBALL-4-FOTOR.jpg

Tom Jones sang "Come to Me" with lyrics by Don Black from THE PINK PANTHER STRIKES AGAIN, which was a James Bond parody movie.

COME TO ME LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WakdACZutM

TOM-JONES-DON-BLACK-PINK-PANTHER-STRIKES-AGAIN-FOTOR.jpg

TRIVIA---Ray Harryhausen's EARTH VS. THE FLYING SAUCERS was based on a series of true incidents in which UFOs buzzed Washington, DC including the White House and the Capitol Building in July, 1952. The UFO sightings, called "The Big Flap", received national news coverage and began on July 19, 1952 when radar at Washington National Airport and Andrews Air Force Base detected numerous UFOs. Traveling at estimated speeds up to 7,000 miles per hour, they soon buzzed the White House and Capitol Building. Two US Air Force F-94 Starfire fighters were scrambled to investigate the UFOs, but when the Starfires approached, the UFOs mysteriously vanished. When the Starfires left due to low fuel, the UFOs suddenly reappeared. Washington National senior air-traffic controller Harry Barnes said it appeared, "the UFOs were monitoring radio traffic and behaving accordingly." After almost six hours of buzzing the city, the UFOs disappeared.
On July 26, the UFOS reappeared when radar at Washington National and Andrews again picked up UFOs. Four Starfires were scrambled. Lt. William Patterson flew one of the Starfires when the UFOs surrounded his jet. US Air Force Project Blue Book spokesman Albert Chop revealed that Patterson then requested instructions, "'I see them now and they're all around me. What should I do?'...And nobody answered, because we didn't know what to tell him." Like the first incident, the UFOs disappeared at sunrise.
At a Pentagon press conference, the largest since World War II, the Air Force attributed the UFO sightings to misidentified aerial phenomena (meteors, etc.) and temperature inversion.

Ray Harryhausen's EARTH VS. THE FLYING SAUCERS had UFOs attack Washington, DC, including the White House and Capitol Building.

EARTH-VS-FLYING-SAUCERS-HARRYHAUSEN-5-FOTOR.jpg

EARTH-VS-FLYING-SAUCERS-HARRYHAUSEN-1-FOTOR.jpg

The movie was based on true incidents in July, 1952 when UFOs buzzed Washington, DC including the White House (see video link) and the Capitol Building.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkv22vSb74s

EARTH-VS-FLYING-SUCERS-WHITE-HOUSE-COLOR-FOTOR.jpg

The UFO incidents received national headlines.

EARTH-VS-FLYING-SUCERS-WASHINGTON-POST-1-FOTOR.jpg

F-94 Starfire fighters were scrambled to investigate the UFOs.

EARTH-VS-FLYING-SUCERS-F-94-STARFIRE-1-FOTOR.jpg

TUESDAY, JANUARY 28

WAR OF THE WORLDS---trailer released for the Epix miniseries based on the HG Wells novel which stars Gabriel Byrne and Elizabeth McGovern.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeYmeGyQKuM

THE CALL OF THE WILD---tv spot released for the movie starring Harrison Ford.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-na2tboz4w

FROZEN HELL---Universal Pictures/Blumhouse movie underway based on the unpublished John W. Campbell novel which was released as the novella WHO GOES THERE? The novella inspired three THE THING movies, including two by Howard Hawks and John Carpenter. John Betancourt, who discovered the unpublished novel FROZEN HELL in 2018, said WHO GOES THERE? was a condensed version of the novel and will be filmed as a movie, “The movie will be from Universal and Blumhouse. Everyone is super excited about it and it’s being fast-tracked.” FROZEN HELL has 45 pages not included in the novella.
Producer Alan Donnes posted, “It’s official. I received my signed contract and first check. I am executive producing a remake of THE THING but with additional chapters of John Campbell’s groundbreaking novel, Frozen Hell, that had been lost for decades. Now, for the first time ever, Campbell’s full vision will be realized on the big screen. The new film will include the very best of RKO’s ‘The Thing from Another World,’ John Carpenter’s classic ‘The Thing’ and both books, ‘Frozen Hell’ and ‘Who Goes There?'”.

FROZEN-HELL-1-FOTOR.jpg

FROZEN-HELL-2-FOTOR.jpg

DOCTOR WHO---the January 26 episode revealed that Jo Martin will play Ruth Clayton, the first black Doctor Who. Showrunner Chris Chibnall said, "The important thing to say is - she is definitively the Doctor. There's not a sort of parallel universe going on, there's no tricks. Jo Martin is the Doctor, that's why we gave her the credit at the end which all new Doctors have the first time you see them. John Hurt got that credit."

DOCTOR-WHO-JO-MARTIN.jpg

GROUNDHOG DAY---Bill Murray is returning as GROUNDHOG DAY weatherman Phil Connors for a Jeep Super Bowl tv commercial. The Super Bowl will be played on Groundhog Day, February 2. Stephen Tobolowsky is also returning as insurance salesman Ned Ryerson.

GROUNDHOG-DAY-FOTOR.jpg

THE BATMAN---Peter Sarsgaard will play Gotham District Attorney Gil Colson, and Jayme Lawson will play mayoral candidate Bella Real.

NO TIME TO DIE---Ben Whishaw said the sequel will connect all James Bond movies, “It’s Daniel’s last film as James Bond, so I think what they can look forward to is a kind of summing up, I guess, of all of the previous Bond films that Daniel’s done. There are strands from all of the films in it, kind of reaching a conclusion.”

UNDER THE SKIN---tv spinoff series underway based on the 2013 Scarlett Johansson sci fi movie.

CAMINO REAL---Ethan Hawke is writer/director of the movie based on the Tennessee Williams play. Williams is Hawke's great-uncle.

CLOWNPOCALYPSE---Eli Roth movie/video game/digital franchise underway with Philip Gelatt is the writer. No plot details were released.

TRIVIA---in CHARLEY VARRICK (Walter Matthau, Joe Don Baker), director Don Seigel has a cameo as the loser in the Chinese restaurant ping-pong game.

CHARLEY-VARRICK-DON-SIEGEL-FOTOR.jpg

Dr Who achieves their final PC target.
Never been a fan but saw comments elsewhere that people getting fed up with the PC angles. Well it is the BBC.

In other Bond news saw another story the other day about some obscure (to me) English actor who is now the new favourite to take over from Daniel Craig. This is despite a story previously saying another prospect (Norton) was so hot that the bookies have suspended taking bets.

I think the agents of 2nd tier British actors are taking turns to promote their clients as the next Bond.

For or those who saw 1917 you might be interested to know the actor who played the Lt brother, James Madden, was the favourite to be Bond a few months ago. Have been more "hot favourites' since then.

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 29

LETHAL WEAPON 5---producer Dan Lin commented on the sequel, “We’re trying to make the last LETHAL WEAPON movie. And Dick Donner’s coming back. The original cast is coming back. And it’s just amazing. The story itself is very personal to him. Mel and Danny are ready to go, so it’s about the script.”

LETHAL-WEAPON-5-FOTOR.jpg

THE MATRIX 4---Priyanka Chopra Jonas is in negotiations to co-star in the sequel in an undisclosed role.

MATRIX-4-PRIYANKA-CHOPRA-FOTOR.jpg

STAR TREK: PICARD---the CBS All Access premiere set a record for new subscriber sign-ups, total streams and the most-watched premiere which broke the record set by STAR TREK: DISCOVERY. PICARD has 95% Rotten Tomatoes and 77/100 Metacritic scores.

GREEN HORNET---Amasia Entertainment acquired the movie rights to the pulp crime-fighter. Amasia co-head and ex-Marvel Studios head Michael Helfant, said, “This is one of the only stand-alone classic superhero franchises. We’re a bunch of fan geeks at Amasia and are thrilled about creating something fresh and truly worthy of this legacy property. A new world that is relevant and thrilling, while respecting and honoring the original vision of creator George W. Trendle.”

THE WALKING DEAD---Robert Kirkman tweeted his reply to the question about what caused the zombie outbreak, "space spore". It is not known if Kirkman was kidding, but in the past, he said he might reveal the cause in a casual interview after the series had ended.

REDEEMER---Matthew McConaughey stars in this FX/Nic Pizzolatto series based on the novel THE CHURCHGOER" in which an ex-minister/security guard searches for a missing Texas woman and discovers a criminal conspiracy and corruption.

WALT DISNEY---animator/director John Musker (ALADDIN, THE LITTLE MERMAID) commented on Disney's live-action/CGI remakes of its classic animated movies, "I am bemused by the live-action remakes, although the more successful ones to me are the ones ironically that reinterpret the source to a greater degree, like MALEFICENT. I think [Jon] Favreau’s a brilliant filmmaker, but the shot-for-shot fealty to the hand-drawn LION KING, as well as the inexpressive animation in his film, left me uninvolved.
In general, I would rather see more original content and fairy tales, particularly by their nature, don’t seem to accommodate or demand the extension and/or repetition of their self-contained narrative arcs. But FROZEN 2 just made more than $1 billion, so what the heck do I know?”

MATILDA---Netflix/Sony Pictures movie musical underway based on the musical MATILDA THE MUSICAL and the children's book.

MEMETIC---movie underway based on the horror graphic novel. Seth Rogen is the producer.

TRIVIA---in INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE, archaeologist Indiana Jones battled Nazis as they both sought to find the Holy Grail, the cup that Jesus drank from at the Last Supper and contained his blood after being crucified.
Ironically, Indiana Jones was inspired by Otto Rahn, a Nazi archaeologist who unsuccessfully sought the Holy Grail which led to his demise.
Rahn's first unsuccessful attempt to find the Holy Grail in 1931 was the subject of his first book, CRUSADE AGAINST THE GRAIL. As a result, Rahn received a telegram offering him 1,000 reichmarks if he wrote a sequel. The telegram instructed him to travel to a Berlin address, 7 Prinz Albrechtstrasse, to discuss the offer. At that address, Rahn discovered the telegram had been sent by SS leader Heinrich Himmler, who was already seeking the Holy Grail and other historic artifacts for the Nazis.
Rahn joined the SS, although he was gay and Jewish, by explaining to a friend, "A man has to eat. What was I supposed to do? Turn Himmler down?"
With Nazi support, Rahn's second unsuccessful search for the Holy Grail was told in his second book, LUCIFER'S COURT: A HERETIC'S JOURNEY IN SEARCH OF THE LIGHT BRINGERS.
Eventually, Rahn's gayness and Jewish ancestry caused him to fall out of favor with the Nazis, and he was punished by being assigned to guard duty at the infamous Dachau concentration camp.
Disenchanted with the Nazis, he resigned from the SS in in 1937, but the Gestapo persecuted him and offered him the chance to redeem himself by committing suicide. Rahn was found frozen to death at an Austrian mountainside in 1939. His death was ruled a suicide.

In INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE, archaeologist Indiana Jones battled Nazis in their search for the Holy Grail. Ironically, Indiana Jones was inspired by Otto Rahn, a Nazi archaeologist who unsuccessfully sought the Holy Grail which led to his demise.

INDIANA-JONES-OTTO-RAHN-FOTOR.jpg

THURSDAY, JANUARY 30

STAR WARS: UNDERWORLD---leaked test footage of the proposed George Lucas tv series that was cancelled. The series was set between the original and sequel trilogies on Coruscant where a Rebel spy attempts to steal Imperial plans connected to a Star Destroyer. Originally, about 50 scripts for 100 episodes were written, but the series was cancelled for budget reasons.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tpTOwXVu8g

FANTASY ISLAND---new trailer released for the horror movie based on the ABC tv series that starred Ricardo Montalban.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuDROG1g6bM

LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS---a rumor claims Taron Egerton is in talks to play Seymour Krelborn in the Warner Bros. remake of the 1960 Roger Corman horror movie. Also, Scarlett Johansson has been reportedly offered the role of Audrey Fulquard.

LITTLE-SHOP-HORRORS-TARON-SCARLETT-FOTOR.jpg

THE MAN FROM TORONTO---the HOBBS & SHAW team of Jason Statham and Kevin Hart are in negotiations to reunite for this action comedy movie about mistaken identity involving the world's deadliest assassin, the Man from Toronto, and a New York loser who meet at an Airbnb.

MAN-FROM-TORONTO-STATHAM-HART.jpg

MONA LISA---Jodie Foster will direct this untitled movie based on the book THE DAY THEY STOLE THE MONA LISA in which Louvre employee Vincenzo Peruggia stole the Mona Lisa in 1911 in order to return it to Italy.

MONA-LISA-1.jpg

LOKI---the Disney+ tv series starring Tom Hiddleston will reportedly have the Marvel Cinematic Universe's first transgender character, Sera, who is married to Angela, Loki's adopted sister.

LANGDON---NBC pilot underway based on Dan Brown's Robert Langdon novel THE LOST SYMBOL.

TERMINATOR: DARK FATE---Linda Hamilton commented on possibly returning for another sequel, “I would really appreciate maybe a smaller version where so many millions are not at stake. Today’s audience is just so unpredictable. I can’t tell you how many laymen just go, ‘Well, people don’t go to the movies anymore.’ That’s not Hollywood analysis; that just comes out of almost everybody’s mouth. It should definitely not be such a high-risk financial venture, but I would be quite happy to never return. So, no, I am not hopeful because I would really love to be done. But, if there were something new that really spoke to me, I am a logical person, and I will always consider viable changes.”

THE CROW---the long-gestating reboot movie has been resurrected, but Jason Momoa, director Corin Hardy and Sony Pictures are no longer involved.

THE PEE-WEE HERMAN STORY---Paul Reubens offered his "Valley of the Dolls Pee-wee" movie to the Safdie brothers (UNCUT GEMS), who are are considering directing the movie.

ONE PIECE---Netflix series underway based on the pirate manga.

TRIVIA---Sara Karloff, the daughter of famed horror star Boris Karloff (FRANKENSTEIN), said her father only mentioned one actor that he truly admired, Academy Award-winner George Kennedy (COOL HAND LUKE). When she met Kennedy, she told him about her father's admiration for him. Kennedy reacted with tears in eyes and told her he once saw her father exiting a Broadway stage door and wanted to meet him, but he did not "have the nerve". Kennedy told her, “You know, I’ve always regretted not doing that.”
She replied, “I wish you had, it would have meant so much to my father."
Sara added, "And the tears got bigger."

Boris Karloff starred in the classic FRANKENSTEIN.

BORIS-KARLOFF-FRANKENSTEIN-1.jpg

Sara Karloff said her father only mentioned Academy Award-winner George Kennedy (COOL HAND LUKE) as the actor he truly admired.

BORIS-KARLOFF-GEORGE-KENNEDY-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, JANUARY 31

STAR TREK: PICARD---CBS All Access is offering a free, limited time viewing of the premiere episode on Youtube.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PPm5l3o2zw

A QUIET PLACE PART II---sequel trailer for the Super Bowl and a new featurette.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi5RoP1-8-I

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS6fFddVIYo

MULAN---trailer released for the Super Bowl for the Walt Disney remake movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdHQqQvdbOA

THE PLOT AGAINST AMERICA---trailer released for the HBO miniseries based on the alternate history novel.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_Xu6FuP-IM

THE FIXER---Ron Howard will direct this Paramount Pictures movie based on the true Cold War story about a disgraced FBI agent who leads a team of CIA agents and Chicago mobsters on a mission to assassinate Fidel Castro.

FIXER-RON-HOWARD-2.jpg

MILK---dark comedy movie about an ex-assassin who is learning to be a mother when she is targeted by her ex-coworkers. Dan Trachtenberg (10 CLOVEFIELD LANE) is the writer/director.

A HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS---director Osgood Perkins (GRETEL & HANSEL) said the horror novel might be his next movie, “It’s possible. It’s certainly a script that I’m happy about. Whether or not that becomes a movie, you know how it goes.”

MATILDA---Ralph Fiennes is in negotiations to play headmistress Miss Trunchbull in the movie musical.

THE CROWN---Netflix announced that Season 5 will be the last season.

TRIVIA---the dialogue "Let's do some good." is spoken in two Sean Connery movies. Kevin Costner says, "Let's do some good." in the failed battering ram bootleg raid in THE UNTOUCHABLES. CIA agent Bob (Mac McDonald) says, Let's do some good." in THE RUSSIA HOUSE.

Kevin Costner says, "Let's do some good." in the battering ram bootleg scene in THE UNTOUCHABLES (Kevin Costner, Sean Connery).

LET-S-DO-SOME-GOOD-UNTOUCHABLES-GROUP-FOTOR.jpg

LET-S-DO-SOME-GOOD-UNTOUCHABLES-BATTERING-RAM-FOTOR.jpg

LET-S-DO-SOME-GOOD-UNTOUCHABLES-BATTERING-RAM-2-FOTOR.jpg

CIA agent Bob (Mac McDonald) says, "Let's do some good." in THE RUSSIA HOUSE (Sean Connery, Michelle Pfieffer).

LET-S-DO-SOME-GOOD-RUSSIA-HOUSE-FOTOR.jpg

LET-S-DO-SOME-GOOD-RUSSUA-HOUSE-2-FOTOR.jpg

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 3

SUPER BOWL COMMERCIALS---tv trailers were released for the following movies.

TOP GUN: MAVERICK.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSmkA7hcNjs

NO TIME TO DIE.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BgcG_l9J0A

BLACK WIDOW

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4-WsyOl_G4

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE---Christopher McQuarrie announced that Henry Czerny is returning as former IMF director Eugene Kitteridge for sequels 7 and 8. Czerny played Kitteridge in the original 1996 movie.

MISSION-IMPOSSIBLE-HENRY-FOTOR.jpg

THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER---Sebastian Stan released a photo from the Marvel/Disney+ tv series.

FALCON.jpg

STAR WARS----Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy was asked if a woman will direct a future STAR WARS movie, "We've got two or three fantastic women working with STAR WARS. And we just brought in Deborah Chow who is doing the Obi-Wan series....Oh absolutely. Without question."

RESIDENT ALIEN---Linda Hamilton will play Gen. McCallister, head of a secret group searching for aliens on Earth in the Syfy series starring Alan Tudyk.

LOKI---Owen Wilson has joined the cast of the Marvel/Disney+ tv series in an undisclosed role.

GOLIATH---JK Simmons and Bruce Dern will play the villains for Season 5 which is the last season. Simmons will play George Zax, head of a pharmaceutical company. Dern will play his brother, Frank, who is a genius and the black sheep of the family.

WILLY WONKA---a British tabloid reported that the producers of the prequel movie may be seeking a woman for the Willy Wonka role, "A female lead is being considered."

SOUNDTRACK---Netflix cancelled the series.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
Hammer Films star Caroline Munro played Bond Villain Naomi in THE SPY WHO LOVED ME. In her first scene with Roger Moore, when Munro got in the speedboat, she sat on a bee and was stung on her buttocks. Although in pain, she continued to grin and bear it and finished the scene.

BEE-STING-8-FOTOR.jpg

For the bee that Caroline Munro sat on........what a way to go. ^&grin

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 4

INDIANA JONES 5---Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy denied rumors that the sequel will have Indiana Jones pass the torch to a younger character to reboot the franchise, “We’re working away, getting the script where we want it to be and then we’ll be ready to go. Harrison Ford will be involved… It’s not a reboot. It’s a continuation.” She added about Ford, "Oh, yeah. He can’t wait. He absolutely is [involved]."

INDIANA-JONES-FOTOR.jpg

SHRUNK---Rick Moranis in in talks to come out of retirement to return as scientist Wayne Szalinski in the Walt Disney sequel to HONEY, I SHRUNK THE KIDS. Joe Johnston is in negotiations to return as the director. Josh Gad will play Wayne's son, Nick. The movie was originally planned as a Disney+ tv series.

SHRUNK-RICK-MORANIS-FOTOR.jpg

THE TERMINAL LIST---Chris Pratt will star in this planned tv series based on the novel. The novel synopsis says, “A Navy SEAL has nothing left to live for and everything to kill for after he discovers that the American government is behind the deaths of his team in this ripped-from-the-headlines political thriller.
On his last combat deployment, Lieutenant Commander James Reece’s entire team was killed in a catastrophic ambush that also claimed the lives of the aircrew sent in to rescue them. But when those dearest to him are murdered on the day of his homecoming, Reece discovers that this was not an act of war by a foreign enemy but a conspiracy that runs to the highest levels of government."
Antoine Fuqua is the director.

TERMINAL-LIST-CHRIS-PRATT-FOTOR.jpg

ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD---Quentin Tarantino commented on what happened to Rick Dalton, “The whole incident with the flamethrower and the hippies got a lot of play. No one quite knows what a big deal that was, but it was still a big deal. And it’s a big deal that he killed ‘em with the flamethrower, with the prop from one of his most popular movies. So he starts becoming in demand again. I mean, not in demand like Michael Sarrazin at that time was in demand, but he’s got some publicity and now all of a sudden The 14 FISTS OF McCLUSKEY is playing more on Channel 5 during Combat Week and stuff. And so he gets offered a couple of features — low-budget ones, but studio ones. But the thing is, on the episodic-TV circuit, he’s a bigger name now. He’s not quite Darren McGavin, all right? Darren McGavin would get paid the highest you could get paid as a guest star back in that time. But Rick’s about where John Saxon was, maybe just a little bit higher. So he’s getting good money and doing the best shows. And the episodes are all built around him.”
He added, “So as opposed to doing LAND OF THE GIANTS and BINGO MARTIN, now he’s the bad guy on MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE, and it’s his episode. Oh, and he does a Vince Edwards show, MATT LINCOLN. Or a Glenn Ford show, CADE'S COUNTY. And that’s a big deal, ’cause he did HELL-FIRE TEXAS with Glenn Ford and they didn’t really get along. But now they bury the hatchet and they make a big deal about the two guys doing it together. And then he does a couple of Paul Wendkos’ TV movies. And you know, he’s doing OK.”

ONCE-UPON-A-TIME-IN-HOLLYWOOD-FOTOR.jpg

BOSS LEVEL---photo of Frank Grillo in this sci fi movie about an ex-special forces soldier who is trapped in a time loop where he battle various assassins. Mel Gibson, Naomi Watts and Michelle Yeoh also star.

BOSS-LEVEL-FRANK-GRILLO.jpg

FAST & FURIOUS---Vin Diesel said an all-female spinoff movie is underway, “I’ve created a female spinoff, and that script comes in next month. So we will see."

FAITHFULL---Lucy Boynton will star in this Marianne Faithfull biomovie. The Mick Jagger role is being cast. Ian Bonhote (McQUEEN) is the director.

PIECES OF HER---Toni Collette will star in this Netflix eight-part miniseries based on the novel.

THE LOST BOYS---CW retooled pilot underway based on the 1987 vampire movie. The retooled pilot will have a new cast.

HAMILTON---filmed version of the stage production will be released in theaters by Walt Disney on October 15, 2021.

SPINNING OUT---Netflix cancelled the series.

TRIVIA---in GROUNDHOG DAY, Bill Murray's Panasonic RC-6025 clock radio plays "I Got You Babe" at 6:00 am 11 times during the movie.

GROUNDHOG-DAY-1-FOTOR.jpg

GROUNDHOG-DAY-2-FOTOR.jpg

So many retreads.Can't they think of nothing original.
Mark

Not really a scif fi type of guy so the one that stands out from latest batch is The Terminal List about the SEAL team conspiracy. Not much about this online so far.

However whilst looking at Chris Pratt on Wiki found out about this movie called Cowboy Ninja Viking (Pratt role) . Great title. Check out the characters below ! However the production history is not promising.

The series revolves around a counter-intelligence unit of multiple personality disorder patients, formed by psychotherapist Dr. Sebastian Ghislain, who are transformed into agents known as Triplets (referring to the three different personalities inside their minds). It is hinted that this is possible through experimental psychiatric conditioning and treatment, psychotropic drugs, and past life regression therapy. After the unit falls apart, its various members are turned into hired killers. Duncan, a Triplet who channels the skills of a Cowboy, Ninja, and Viking, is sent to find and stop the rogue Triplets.[SUP][2][/SUP]
Major Characters of CNV

Program Staff]

• Dr. Sebastian Ghislain - The Creator of the Government's Triplet Program. While not a triplet himself his personality appears as a brilliant psychotherapist and a womanizing playboy/boozehound. He also has a penchant for professional backgammon.
  • Sara Nix - Assistant to Dr. Ghislain, Sara plays Duncan's love interest who recruits him and travels with him on their mission to find the other triplets for Dr. Ghislain and protect them from the antagonist Dr. Blaq. But a character plot twist awaits at the end of Vol.1
  • Dr. Johann Blaq - Ghislain's former protege and antagonist of the story. His motives are not yet known.
  • Sashsa - Ghislain's personal pilot and body guard.
Triplets

• Duncan (Cowboy - Ninja - Viking) - The titular character and most effective assassin the program produced.
  • Carl (Army Staff Sergeant - Apache Indian - Scottish Highlander) - Duncan's brother and also one of the most effective assassins as all 3 personalities revolve around combat. it is hinted that Duncan killed him in San Cristobal previous to the plot of volume 1 to prevent him from killing Missionaries during their trial mission. His Highlander Persononality claimed to be *"Seamus McManus of the clan McManus. Born to Angus of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Schiel."
  • Xia Xia Xian (Sniper - Archer - Clothing Designer)
  • Steed Malbranque (Hitman - Navy Seal - Roadie for Dokken)
  • Peyton Vermeer (Mohawk Indian - Playboy - Spartan)
  • Philippe De Montebello (Hair Stylist - Conquistador - Cowboy) - Gunned down by Duncan in Volume 1.
  • Emerson Blancpain (Amish - Demo Expert - Army Captain)
  • Lara St. Britt (Flight Attendant - Joan of Arc - Amazonian Warrior)
  • Johnny Vellum (Conquistador - Green Beret - Surfer)
  • Toffler Almric (Mad Scientist - Napoleonic General - Spanish Cavalier)
  • Patrick O'Fallon (Applebee's Waiter - Army Sergeant - Frontiersman) - Decapitated by Duncan at the end of volume 2.
  • Viscount Wölfer (Executioner - Sports Broadcaster - Samurai)
  • Yashitiko Ammo (Pirate - Gladiator - Oceanographer) - Arguably one of the most centered characters within the plot.
  • Grear Fulkirk (Sniper - Chef - Martial Artist) - Duncan's ex-wife and a rival to Nix.
  • Blancpain Emerson (Diminish - Expert Alpha - Navy Captain)
[SUP][/SUP]
As of August 2018, it is considered in active development, the delay accommodating production scheduling and script concerns.

Not really a scif fi type of guy so the one that stands out from latest batch is The Terminal List about the SEAL team conspiracy. Not much about this online so far.

However whilst looking at Chris Pratt on Wiki found out about this movie called Cowboy Ninja Viking (Pratt role) . Great title. Check out the characters below ! However the production history is not promising.

The series revolves around a counter-intelligence unit of multiple personality disorder patients, formed by psychotherapist Dr. Sebastian Ghislain, who are transformed into agents known as Triplets (referring to the three different personalities inside their minds). It is hinted that this is possible through experimental psychiatric conditioning and treatment, psychotropic drugs, and past life regression therapy. After the unit falls apart, its various members are turned into hired killers. Duncan, a Triplet who channels the skills of a Cowboy, Ninja, and Viking, is sent to find and stop the rogue Triplets.[SUP][2][/SUP]
Major Characters of CNV

Program Staff]

• Dr. Sebastian Ghislain - The Creator of the Government's Triplet Program. While not a triplet himself his personality appears as a brilliant psychotherapist and a womanizing playboy/boozehound. He also has a penchant for professional backgammon.
  • Sara Nix - Assistant to Dr. Ghislain, Sara plays Duncan's love interest who recruits him and travels with him on their mission to find the other triplets for Dr. Ghislain and protect them from the antagonist Dr. Blaq. But a character plot twist awaits at the end of Vol.1
  • Dr. Johann Blaq - Ghislain's former protege and antagonist of the story. His motives are not yet known.
  • Sashsa - Ghislain's personal pilot and body guard.
Triplets

• Duncan (Cowboy - Ninja - Viking) - The titular character and most effective assassin the program produced.
  • Carl (Army Staff Sergeant - Apache Indian - Scottish Highlander) - Duncan's brother and also one of the most effective assassins as all 3 personalities revolve around combat. it is hinted that Duncan killed him in San Cristobal previous to the plot of volume 1 to prevent him from killing Missionaries during their trial mission. His Highlander Persononality claimed to be *"Seamus McManus of the clan McManus. Born to Angus of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Schiel."
  • Xia Xia Xian (Sniper - Archer - Clothing Designer)
  • Steed Malbranque (Hitman - Navy Seal - Roadie for Dokken)
  • Peyton Vermeer (Mohawk Indian - Playboy - Spartan)
  • Philippe De Montebello (Hair Stylist - Conquistador - Cowboy) - Gunned down by Duncan in Volume 1.
  • Emerson Blancpain (Amish - Demo Expert - Army Captain)
  • Lara St. Britt (Flight Attendant - Joan of Arc - Amazonian Warrior)
  • Johnny Vellum (Conquistador - Green Beret - Surfer)
  • Toffler Almric (Mad Scientist - Napoleonic General - Spanish Cavalier)
  • Patrick O'Fallon (Applebee's Waiter - Army Sergeant - Frontiersman) - Decapitated by Duncan at the end of volume 2.
  • Viscount Wölfer (Executioner - Sports Broadcaster - Samurai)
  • Yashitiko Ammo (Pirate - Gladiator - Oceanographer) - Arguably one of the most centered characters within the plot.
  • Grear Fulkirk (Sniper - Chef - Martial Artist) - Duncan's ex-wife and a rival to Nix.
  • Blancpain Emerson (Diminish - Expert Alpha - Navy Captain)

As of August 2018, it is considered in active development, the delay accommodating production scheduling and script concerns.
Sounds like a real thriller.:rolleyes::rolleyes2:
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back