My album of Dioramas (2 Viewers)

Rob, three excellent dioramas!!! I can't wait to see the next one ^&grin I never get tired of seeing your downed plane dio its probably my favourite one of yours! Thanks for posting them all {sm4}

Craig

Rob, three excellent dioramas!!! I can't wait to see the next one ^&grin I never get tired of seeing your downed plane dio its probably my favourite one of yours! Thanks for posting them all {sm4}

Craig

Craig,

No, THANK YOU mate, very kind of you. Today I ordered the last two figures I need for the dio and so I 'm hoping to have the pics up next weekend.

Rob

Thanks PA, this is a 21st Century version I got years back, like you I still need the K&C version as I have another dio in mind for that one.

Cheers

Rob

Nice job on it. I have a few of those laying around.....Hmmmmmm.

Nice job on it. I have a few of those laying around.....Hmmmmmm.

Thanks PA, it was great fun weathering it and adding some bullet holes, its a terrific model and as with the CS Panther in my other dio it was a bit of a shame to ' ruin ' it as it were, but again I was pleased with the outcome...have a go PA!

Rob

Thanks PA, it was great fun weathering it and adding some bullet holes, its a terrific model and as with the CS Panther in my other dio it was a bit of a shame to ' ruin ' it as it were, but again I was pleased with the outcome...have a go PA!

Rob

I believe it was TomNt that mentioned using "your" Panther turret for a panther turm dio. I agree the burned out look would be perfect !

I believe it was TomNt that mentioned using "your" Panther turret for a panther turm dio. I agree the burned out look would be perfect !

Yes that sounds good PA, would look very nice.

Can't tell you how ' wrong ' it felt painting over the spotless camo on that Panther with soot and rust!{eek3}

Rob

Yes that sounds good PA, would look very nice.

Can't tell you how ' wrong ' it felt painting over the spotless camo on that Panther with soot and rust!{eek3}

Rob

Rob, The burned out Panther...Is it a K&C release ? or another make ? Cheers

Thanks Rob, Got it. Cs Panther cooked.....Well Done !

Hey PA,

I learned a rookie lesson with that one ! I used some black smoke weathering powders on it, but never having used them before made the mix too strong , so much so that even today when I pick it up its still ' wet' and I get covered in the stuff ! :rolleyes2::redface2: But that's a part of diorama making that I really enjoy, learning as you go and learning from your mistakes.

Rob

Hey PA,

I learned a rookie lesson with that one ! I used some black smoke weathering powders on it, but never having used them before made the mix too strong , so much so that even today when I pick it up its still ' wet' and I get covered in the stuff ! :rolleyes2::redface2: But that's a part of diorama making that I really enjoy, learning as you go and learning from your mistakes.

Rob

I was thinking just flat black spray paint to do the trick ,carefully applied ^&confuse I am conjuring up ideas to toast a panther myself if I can pick up a cheap spare.

I was thinking just flat black spray paint to do the trick ,carefully applied ^&confuse I am conjuring up ideas to toast a panther myself if I can pick up a cheap spare.

Fllat black will do the trick too PA, I looked at plenty of burnt out German tank pics and some were a mix of really charcoaled black, a white-ish grey and a brown rusty colour.

So on my version there is the rusty colour towards the back, the barrel has been heated to the white-ish grey with the rest black.

diorama023.jpg

Rob

Rob these dioramas are fantastic. I really love that D-Day beach scene which is closely followed by that Brit/Commonwealth armoured vehicle column. They are all superb!

Rob these dioramas are fantastic. I really love that D-Day beach scene which is closely followed by that Brit/Commonwealth armoured vehicle column. They are all superb!

pworbagpiper, thanks very much for saying so, I appreciate it.

Rob

Great collection to say the least, in many respects very similar to my collection. My favourite pics would be the D-Day armoured column followed closely by the brit paras moving forward with the column of jeeps. Looking forward to seeing your future dioramas and pics of your ever growing collection! :cool:

Great collection to say the least, in many respects very similar to my collection. My favourite pics would be the D-Day armoured column followed closely by the brit paras moving forward with the column of jeeps. Looking forward to seeing your future dioramas and pics of your ever growing collection! :cool:

Thanks CFM, most kind.

Rob

Fllat black will do the trick too PA, I looked at plenty of burnt out German tank pics and some were a mix of really charcoaled black, a white-ish grey and a brown rusty colour.

So on my version there is the rusty colour towards the back, the barrel has been heated to the white-ish grey with the rest black.

diorama023.jpg

Rob

Rob, That dio backdrop is awesome ! runs continuious without any seams and very realistic.Where did you come up with that one ?

(Just adding my latest to here guys)

Residents of London and its suburbs in 1940 faced many dangers , trials and privations. Death from the skies, sudden loss of friends and loved ones, accidents in the blackout, homelessness, food rationing, lack of sleep and the constant fear of what may confront them each morning following the previous nights air raid. On top of all this there was the danger from Unexploded bombs. Unexploded bombs had the potential to cause havoc.As well as the fear, anxiety and inconvenience the UXB caused they closed roads, railways, Gas, water works and factories vital to the War effort. The public need help.

Step forward the men of the Bomb Disposal Squads. These incredibly brave heroes of the home front risked their lives day after day to clear the streets, roads, railways and rooftops of these lethal time bombs. Learning as they went they had to keep up with the Germans who contrived new tricks and booby traps designed to kill members of the Bomb Disposal squads.

Here in a typical London suburb we see the BDS in action. On its discovery every UXB was rated by its location and what infastructure or industry it threatened. This rating decided its ranking in UXB's to be defused.Time was often of the essence as often these bombs could explode almost straight away while others were set to explode up to seventy two hours later.

The building has been propped by the BDS to stop it falling in on them during their work, the BDS often had to carry out repair or support work once they assessed the situation. Once the surrounding area had been made safe, the Bomb Disposal Officer would send others away from the excavation, no point risking more lives than they had to. During the operation a member of the team would be behind cover listening from a distance and would alert the officer if the clock started ticking.

The whole operation is carried out with the full co-operation with Police and ARP services who cordon off the area and keep the public away. The bomb is made safe and the public can go about their daily routine again.

Guys, I couldn't make this dio without featuring the two Tillys, but in reality no vehicles would be as near as this to the UXB for fear of vibration starting the clock again.

UXBDio026.jpg

UXBDio027.jpg

UXBDio030.jpg

UXBDio031.jpg

UXBDio032.jpg

UXBDio033.jpg

UXBDio034.jpg

UXBDio036.jpg

UXBDio039.jpg

UXBDio040.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back