My FL and FOV (5 Viewers)

Looks good, the figures and armour match up pretty well scale wise.

Tom

I like them when camera angle or distance in the background compensate for the scale difference. I have the FOV Blitz and Flakvierling in one of my dioramas in the background where the smaller scale makes them seem farther away. The winter Germans from FL with the Marder are a good example of camera angle, while the Panzerfaust team aiming at the Sherman and Germans in front of the Tiger demonstrate how good they lookin in the background.

The Soviets on the T-34 seem too big to me and does not work.

Always like ways to mix and match, though.

The FOV M26 Pershing looks more realistc and with better detail than the Figarti M26! The T34-85 is also excellent.

Great pity that both FOV have stopped production and 21st Century have both gone out of business. Get their models while you can!

Great pity that both FOV have stopped production and 21st Century have both gone out of business. Get their models while you can!

Yes,you are right.But its price is still very reasonable now.I try to get them as much as I can.

When and why did FOV cease production? I had heard they were sold; not that they were out of business!

When and why did FOV cease production? I had heard they were sold; not that they were out of business!

Early (Jan-Feb) last year. On one of the die-cast forums this was posted

"According to a post on the Diecast Hangar Pub forum, a prominent UK distributor is indicating that Unimax, the makers of the Forces of Valor range of military vehicles, aircraft and warships, are throwing in the towel and calling it quits, at least as far as military diecast is concerned. They claim that the manufacturer has cancelled all of their upcoming projects slated for 2015, instead of postponing them indefinitely as had been rumored. Recently, Unimax had closed their North American distribution arm and sold off all of their inventory to a US distributor.

If true, this marks a particularly sad state of affairs for collectors, who were expecting a number of key items for several months running. Moreover, the departure of another long time stalwart in the diecast military space represents a nod to some of the manufacturers who have gained market share either by offering untapped subject matter, cheaper items, other scales, or a combination of all three mitigating factors".

Thank You Greycap for this information. A sad day indeed first 21Century Toys died now FOV.
Certainly explains why prices on Ebay have gone crazy! Looks like 1/32 scale is going to go without armor. Corgi still makes some 1/32 military aircraft; but no armor. Honor Bound and Figarti are history in 1/30 scale, I wonder who will be next to go?

Thank You Greycap for this information. A sad day indeed first 21Century Toys died now FOV.
Certainly explains why prices on Ebay have gone crazy! Looks like 1/32 scale is going to go without armor. Corgi still makes some 1/32 military aircraft; but no armor. Honor Bound and Figarti are history in 1/30 scale, I wonder who will be next to go?

Is Figarti history? At this point, officially they are not. They have posted that they have some items to release in the future.

This forum has joined in a robust debate over whether they feel this is true or not, but until I hear official word that they are done I will assume that things are under production on some level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back