My painted NAP Camp (1 Viewer)

Obee

Captain
Earlier this year I obtained these 4 sets of castings that are on sale at a 30% discount and over the past month I have painted them to join my collection.

FLcamp.jpg

I was most impressed with the standard of the sculpting and the casting which is amongst the best I have seen by any maker.

They make a great little setup and I hope to add a diorama base to display them even better.

My painting isn't as good as FL, but I do try :)

John

Your painting is superb John. Can only guess the amount of hours you spent hovering over this lot was enormous. Robin.

Wonderfully done John ... lovely additions to your collection.

Bests
OD

Brilliant as per usual John. Thanks for sharing!

Brendan

Tremendous work, John! :salute:: The only difference between your painting and theirs is you prefer what I would call a "glossy style" even when you employ matt paint, without washes or dry-brushing, while First Legion's painters add the washes and dry-brushing for a more shaded, realistic appearance. Your detail-work is the equal of any painter I've seen.

Tremendous work, John! :salute:: The only difference between your painting and theirs is you prefer what I would call a "glossy style" even when you employ matt paint, without washes or dry-brushing, while First Legion's painters add the washes and dry-brushing for a more shaded, realistic appearance. Your detail-work is the equal of any painter I've seen.

Hi Louis,

it wasn't actually a gloss finish, I use a matte spray, but it isn't true matt, there is a slight sheen, and when I use photographic lights to take my photos, that enhances that sheen.

There are some gloss items, like the bottles and polished leather on boots and hat peaks.

This just taken now using my phone with subdued light from the window.

camp.jpg

John

Beautiful job, you really have developed your own style. Super :salute::

Wow stunning. Great little scene and some superb painting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back