My Ted Toy Collection (1 Viewer)

Tintin

Private
Here are some of my newest figures. Ordered these a few months ago. Since he does all the work himself it takes a while to arrive, but the wait is worth it. I am really pleased with them and will be ordering more soon.

The sets are "Tug O' War", "The Rout", "At Ease" and "There's Got to Be a Better Way!". The fire and trees are by Ted as well.

Attachments

• camp1.jpg
    camp1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 370
  • camp2.jpg
    camp2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 377
  • tom.jpg
    tom.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 368
Hi Tintin,

I love Ted's work! I have some of his sets including the "Tug O War" and " The Rout." I do not have Huckleberry Finn, but I think it is a terrific set. Someday, I will add it to my collection.

If you have more of Ted's work in your collection, I would love to see it! Thanks for sharing these very clever sets with us.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Hi Pat

Here is the rest of my Ted Toy collection. I bought both of these from Ted at the 2010 Williamsburg show. I didn't know Ted was going to be there so I was very pleasantly surprised. He's a nice guy and we had an enjoyable discussion on how glossies are more fun than matte.

The sets are the Georgia State Navy Naval Boat Party and Inspecting the Troops. I think the quality and value are very high on all of his pieces.

Attachments

• boat1.jpg
    boat1.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 247
  • boat2.jpg
    boat2.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 241
  • santa.jpg
    santa.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 259
Hi Tintin,

Ha! :D I see you picked up Santa and the Elves. That is one of my very favorite Christmas sets. It always brings a smile to my face.

I agree with you and Ted. At least for me, the glossies are more fun than the matte finished figures. The matte finished figures are generally realistic and serious, which many, many collectors prefer. However, the glossies seem more charming, toy like, and just plain ol' fun. But, to be honest, I like and collect both.

If you have not yet acquired Ted's "Wanted: Dead or Alive" set, I highly recommend it. I think you will enjoy that set as much as any you already own.

Have you begun to collect any of the Monarch Regalia figures from Ted? They are excellent. If you do not have any, you might consider adding a few of those to your collection.

Thanks for sharing your Tedtoy collection. Ted is one of the truly nice guys in this hobby and, fortunately, there are many.

Hi Tintin

They are all great sets but I think my favourite is "The Rout".

Many thanks for the pictures

Cheers

Martyn:)

Hi Tintin: You have a very nice collection. Ted has some fun sets that are well done. I have been buying from him for a long time and he is a fine person and great to deal with. Like Pat, the Monarch line is also great. I have the "Procession" and enjoy all of them.

Ted toy is excellent, thanks for posting! I believe Ted is also a master painter for Britains, whichs speaks volumes about his talent!

Paulo

I bought Santa and the elves within fifteen seconds of seeing them in Williamsburg. I had seen it on his web site but didn't order it when I ordered the other sets. I thought I would have plenty of time to order it before Christmas after my first order arrived. My first order wound up arriving on December 27. When I saw Ted's booth, which I wasn't expecting to see, I said "How much, give them to me." They are so great I thought they would go quickly. Once I had secured Santa we had a nice chat about all of his other sets and the Monarch samurai line.

I have been collecting for about two years. I started with Britain's George Washington from the American Revolution line. Once I bought all of the AR sets I needed something else to collect since so few AR sets come out each year. I also collect the Delhi Durbar range and the British soldiers from the War Along the Nile.

I think the modern Britain's matte soldiers are very impressive. I like them a lot but they don't have the special magic that glossies have. Glossies also seem to have more whimsical figures available and a fun style. I started with some Britain's redcoats. I latter found some WW1 sets that Britain's made several years ago. I love the rosy cheeks on the soldiers in the trenches. It makes them look like children playing war. My favorite glossy lines now are Tedtoy and Laura Cuello. Some Monarch samurai will be next.

I bought Santa and the elves within fifteen seconds of seeing them in Williamsburg. I had seen it on his web site but didn't order it when I ordered the other sets. I thought I would have plenty of time to order it before Christmas after my first order arrived. My first order wound up arriving on December 27. When I saw Ted's booth, which I wasn't expecting to see, I said "How much, give them to me." They are so great I thought they would go quickly. Once I had secured Santa we had a nice chat about all of his other sets and the Monarch samurai line.

I have been collecting for about two years. I started with Britain's George Washington from the American Revolution line. Once I bought all of the AR sets I needed something else to collect since so few AR sets come out each year. I also collect the Delhi Durbar range and the British soldiers from the War Along the Nile.

I think the modern Britain's matte soldiers are very impressive. I like them a lot but they don't have the special magic that glossies have. Glossies also seem to have more whimsical figures available and a fun style. I started with some Britain's redcoats. I latter found some WW1 sets that Britain's made several years ago. I love the rosy cheeks on the soldiers in the trenches. It makes them look like children playing war. My favorite glossy lines now are Tedtoy and Laura Cuello. Some Monarch samurai will be next.

Hi Tintin,

Ted's Santa and the Elves set is almost impossible to resist once you see it. You just have to smile every time you look at it.

I, too, am an enthusiastic collector of the Delhi Durbar and of the Monarch Regalia Samurai figures. PM me if you would like to see some photos of this segment of my collection.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful Tedtoy figures with us. They are definitely among my favorites.

Very nice sets so have there. Ted toy has some really great figures along with the Monarch line.

I agree that glossies do have a magic that the Matt figures cannot achieve. I have a few glossies all from WB along with the Matt Durbar and the Zulu war figures.

Looking forward to seeing more of your collection.

Scott

I have some Ted Toys from mid 1990's.

Attachments

• P1070845 (Small).JPG
    P1070845 (Small).JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 214
  • P1070846 (Small).JPG
    P1070846 (Small).JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 217
  • P1070847 (Small).JPG
    P1070847 (Small).JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 215
  • P1070848 (Small).JPG
    P1070848 (Small).JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 216
Tintin and Go for Broke,
the figures from Ted are definetely among the nicest glossy figures ever made and the subjects he picks are most enoyable, with "The Rout" being my favorite :)
Thank you for posting your figures.
Konrad

Those look great Go For Broke. Once my Union camp is complete I should probably buy a few soldiers fighting.

Ted Toys doesn't seem to get too much attention but as noted here and in some other threads like Randy's Marine thread, they look to make some excellent figures, which would probably go well with glossy ACW figures like Trophy.

Here is a link, http://www.tedtoy.com/tedtoy_action.htm

Their camp life scenes also look excellent, http://tedtoy.com/tedtoy_camplife.htm

They also look to have some great scenics as well, http://tedtoy.com/tedtoy_scenics.htm, and they have a dock that looks to go well with Trophy boats.

Last edited:
hi tintin,

ha! :d i see you picked up santa and the elves. That is one of my very favorite christmas sets. It always brings a smile to my face.

I agree with you and ted. At least for me, the glossies are more fun than the matte finished figures. The matte finished figures are generally realistic and serious, which many, many collectors prefer. However, the glossies seem more charming, toy like, and just plain ol' fun. But, to be honest, i like and collect both.

If you have not yet acquired ted's "wanted: Dead or alive" set, i highly recommend it. I think you will enjoy that set as much as any you already own.

Have you begun to collect any of the monarch regalia figures from ted? They are excellent. If you do not have any, you might consider adding a few of those to your collection.

Thanks for sharing your tedtoy collection. Ted is one of the truly nice guys in this hobby and, fortunately, there are many.

pat :)

i am with you pat. I gave my daughter the elves set a couple years ago and she really believed it was a set from santa as i also wrapped the box in holly wax paper. Great set. And i certainly agree that glossy figures have that special feeling to them that matte never will

I have Ted's Union cavalry on patrol. Ted has a style of his own. Very animated, well-sculpted and well-painted glossies with very expressive faces. They mix well with Tradition ACW glossies and several other companies. Every toy soldier collection needs some glossies to brighten up those curio cabinets! It makes a huge difference! :):smile2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back