My W Britain War along the Nile collection. (1 Viewer)

Love all of them but the gunboat one is my favorite one too.{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}
Mark

Jeff,

They are all terrific but the gunboat diorama is my favorite, really well done!:salute::

Thanks Louis, at both battles of Tamai and Abu Klea the British had squares broken into before they regained control and won the day.

Jeff

Jeff,

I believe at one of these battles, the famous British officer/traveler/author, Captain Frederick Burnaby, was mortally wounded by a spear thrust to the groin, when the square was broken. Do you know which battle this occurred at?

Impressive {sm3} And the river is wonderful...That should be the hardest part of the work.

Jeff,

I believe at one of these battles, the famous British officer/traveler/author, Captain Frederick Burnaby, was mortally wounded by a spear thrust to the groin, when the square was broken. Do you know which battle this occurred at?

Battle of Abu Klea
Mark

Many thanks to everyone who posted and for the likes! :salute::

Jeff

You've done really excellent work on your dioramas Jeff. Each and everyone of them deserving of a prize if they were entered in a competition ! :salute:: {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Steve

I mentioned at the start that I have been inspired by the many talented members (who regularly post photos of their dioramas and scenes) on the forum and I am very pleased with the final results.

It has been great fun over the last eight months constructing these and brings the War along the Nile part of my collection to a conclusion.

Next will be a Zulu themed diorama.

Meanwhile,
Thank you all for the many really nice and supportive comments and likes :salute::

Jeff

The Brits back then were fearless.They would go anywhere.
Mark

I mentioned at the start that I have been inspired by the many talented members (who regularly post photos of their dioramas and scenes) on the forum and I am very pleased with the final results.

It has been great fun over the last eight months constructing these and brings the War along the Nile part of my collection to a conclusion.

Next will be a Zulu themed diorama.

Meanwhile,
Thank you all for the many really nice and supportive comments and likes :salute::

Jeff

Well, I knew this wouldn’t happen really – so I’ve ended up making a new diorama and also modifying another.

Jeff

Well, I knew this wouldn’t happen really – so I’ve ended up making a new diorama and also modifying another.

Jeff

Look forward to seeing photos Jeff !

Keep well.

Steve

The 42[SUP]nd[/SUP](Black Watch) Regiment at the Battle of Tamai 1884.

This new diorama has just over half of the Black Watch figures repainted. The red coated figures from the TEK range now have grey and the Royal Artillery set is from the Zulu series repainted for the Sudan. I replaced the lightweight 7pdr gun barrel with a modified one (made from different diameter drinking straws and putty) to suit a 9pdr. As usual some of the wounded Hadendoa were converted by removing the bases.

Jeff

Attachments

• BW1.jpg
    BW1.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 93
  • BW2.jpg
    BW2.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 91
  • BW3.jpg
    BW3.jpg
    502.8 KB · Views: 90
  • BW4.jpg