Napoleon breaks camp! (2 Viewers)

Great work Tim, love the low angle shots of the troops marching along, also like the way you've mixed in afew different manufacturers as well.

The ground work is well done too, nice job all around.

Now get cracking on the French attack on the great redoubt at Borodino or the attack into the graveyard at Eylau..................

Thanks George! I do have a few Lemax Grave stones kicking around???:cool::p
I,ve been thinking of giving a foam Church a try and I have a couple of sets of the Marx recast graveyard looking rod iron fence. Some day I would like to try a Planciot village dio with the Prussians fighting in the church graveyard.:cool:

Thanks George! I do have a few Lemax Grave stones kicking around???:cool::p
I,ve been thinking of giving a foam Church a try and I have a couple of sets of the Marx recast graveyard looking rod iron fence. Some day I would like to try a Planciot village dio with the Prussians fighting in the church graveyard.:cool:

I'd love to see you take a shot at either, I know either one would kick tail. Eylau was fought in the snow and Plancenoit was a battle within a battle, the town changed hands several times during the battle...........

Tim

As usual with your Nap set-ups -Magnificent! I was particularly struck with the apparent fluidity you seem to have created that followed a few of your shots as if we were watching a series of movements throughout the camp. Albeit they are static pictures a few of them were almost like a stop-motion effect. Pretty darn impressive!

These would make excellent illustrations for a book on "Campaign Camping with Boney" ;)

Reb

Fantastic diorama, nothing like the Napoleonics for colour and pagentry! You have some wonderful pieces in your collection. Well thought out and displayed. My favourite diorama's are generally the non combat ones that show the lulls in fighting. Thanks for sharing and keep up the terrific work. :cool:

Thanks guys! Yes as you can tell I really like non combat scenes, figures on the march, foraging at rest at play ect. I called this one Napoleon breaks camp and I was messing around with another idea I was going to call NAPOLEON BREAKS WIND! and have all the Marshalls keeled over around the table and add all my dead and wounded french troopers and photo shop in a green fog.:p But I don,t have the photo program I had on my old computer, Too bad it would have been a fun follow up!:D

Hi Tim

I do really like your dio , i see a few Del Prado figures in your collection. i sometimes use them also in my l dio's too. I think they are great and a great addition to any Nap collection . Great work and thanks for sharing with us.

very best wishes Mark

Hi Tim

I do really like your dio , i see a few Del Prado figures in your collection. i sometimes use them also in my l dio's too. I think they are great and a great addition to any Nap collection . Great work and thanks for sharing with us.

very best wishes Mark
Yes the del prado figures are great, but pretty much as fillers only in dioramas. There just are not enough poses to make a good diorama with them only. I wish they made a few of each type of figure rather then just one of each type.:(
I have all the foot figures and most of the mounted figures. I,m missing a few of the higher number mounted figures.
The Hachette Napoleonic marshals figures are nice also for this type of dio! I only have around 20 or more but I like them.
I hope someone has K&C do another Napoleonic type line like this again, these were great fillers.:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back