NCAA Football 2024 (1 Viewer)

Panzer ace

Lieutenant Colonel
This thread should probably be called “NFL Minor League Football 2024” but I am going to try and keep an open mind about this year’s “changes”.

Florida State already lost a game?

Yikes.
Yup, awful performance, I am not sure what kind of team they have. Game in Dublin, etc, first game, who knows but for having a projected best in class defensive line, it looked like swiss cheese. They looked lethargic and only played when back against the wall. Give GTech kicker credit, he made a hard kick. Still, if you are that good, never should have been close.

TD

Speaking of FSU, I am already tired of Coach Sanders in Colorado in 2024.

Colorado (Sanders) banned a reporter and refused to allow him to ask questions because he has been “critical” of him.

Sanders went to college and clearly thinks he has an innate command of running his mouth.

At Jackson State he banned a reporter who wrote a column about a player’s domestic violence case.

He is the epitome of a coward.

I like Deion for a lot of reasons, his ability, his excitement both on and off the field, his marketing (he IMO is still the best self marketer out there), his cold hard facts attitude (I actually think he gets NIL better than anyone and makes no bones about it, he doesn't sugar coat the State of College FB today).

He is still one of my faves, but some of the spectacle he engages in is beyond me. This issue being one of them. Make no mistake, Deion has a lot of power, he commands it as well as receives it and he uses it sometimes in ways that I think are counter productive. His ego took a hit so he bit back like a toddler. I am sure this will bite him in the proverbial rear and should have been avoided. That said, if he wins the first 4 games, nobody will remember, if he loses, the proverbial bite will be a chompin!

TD

I like Deion for a lot of reasons, his ability, his excitement both on and off the field, his marketing (he IMO is still the best self marketer out there), his cold hard facts attitude (I actually think he gets NIL better than anyone and makes no bones about it, he doesn't sugar coat the State of College FB today).

He is still one of my faves, but some of the spectacle he engages in is beyond me. This issue being one of them. Make no mistake, Deion has a lot of power, he commands it as well as receives it and he uses it sometimes in ways that I think are counter productive. His ego took a hit so he bit back like a toddler. I am sure this will bite him in the proverbial rear and should have been avoided. That said, if he wins the first 4 games, nobody will remember, if he loses, the proverbial bite will be a chompin!

TD
Tom:

I respect your opinion about Sanders.

I liked him as a player both in baseball and football, but like so many other athletes (“idols”) he is not much of a human being off of the playing field.

-Jason

I wish the college football world, aka ESPN, would stop acting like the USC/LSU game was born out of the 12 game playoff.

These games are scheduled years in advance.

Nice to see Dumbo Swinney take the L, hats off to Georgia, they looked and played well once the engine got going. Had to chuckle. Vanderbilt got a good win, if they hadn't taken a nap in the 3rd and 4th quarters, would have won easily.

UT thumpin Colorado State first half, hopefully the put an exclamation point on it. I really dislike Colorado State coach after last year's Colorado game and his unsportsmanlike conduct along with his head hunting player. They deserve a good thumpin.

TD

Nice to see Dumbo Swinney take the L, hats off to Georgia, they looked and played well once the engine got going. Had to chuckle. Vanderbilt got a good win, if they hadn't taken a nap in the 3rd and 4th quarters, would have won easily.

UT thumpin Colorado State first half, hopefully the put an exclamation point on it. I really dislike Colorado State coach after last year's Colorado game and his unsportsmanlike conduct along with his head hunting player. They deserve a good thumpin.

TD
Tom:

That was an impressive win for UT, hopefully that momentum carries into next week against Michigan.

I always like when Vanderbilt wins, they are my favorite SEC team, what they lack in football they more than make up in baseball and most importantly, academics.

-Jason

Nice to see Dumbo Sweeney take the L. Had to chuckle. Vanderbilt got a good win, if they hadn't taken a nap in the 3rd and 4th quarters, would have won easily.

TD

Tom:

That was an impressive win for UT, hopefully that momentum carries into next week against Michigan.

I always like when Vanderbilt wins, they are my favorite SEC team, what they lack in football they more than make up in baseball and most importantly, academics.

-Jason
Michigan is going to be a tough one.

Looking forward to USC this evening against the mouth of the south (hahaha, he is such a liar)Brian Kelly. I will be whistling the USC fight song loudly tonight - FIGHT ON!

USC Victorius. Exciting game to watch, sloppy game if you were grading. That said, kudos to the Trojans. Put the thump on Brian Kelly and LSU. NICE!
TD

USC Victorius. Exciting game to watch, sloppy game if you were grading. That said, kudos to the Trojans. Put the thump on Brian Kelly and LSU. NICE!
TD
Both offenses looked good, the D not so much. Agree it was a good game to watch. And son and I glad to see a loss to Kelly.

FSU. Ugly. Nothing more to say, they have a long road ahead. Lost too many players and these guys look green literally and figuratively.
TD

I really hope that this new playoff system that rewards conference wins gets rid of the opening week cannon fodder games.

The top six teams won 264-23, that is pathetic and it is a disgrace to sports/competition.

I just got back from Germany and watched the SC-LSU game. Nothing better than seeing that Gomer Pyle look on Kelly's face. Nice win for SC.

Texas and Michigan this weekend is an insanely big game for this early in the season. I'm loath to pick a Steve "Have a Drink on Me" Sark team to win a big game but I think Texas will take Michigan to the woodshed. And why is the NCAA taking longer to investigate the Michigan cheating scandal than it took to solve the Lindbergh kidnapping? They were caught red handed. Time to bring the hammer down.

Last night’s SAT Bowl between Duke and Northwestern was a great watch.

The best part of the broadcast was the complete absence of the words “transfer portal”.

No better example of the refs and a network trying to enhance the BCS chances of any team than the ND game today. NI seemingly converts the game clinching first down with about 40 seconds left. The refs mark the ball a full two yards short of the mark. They review the mark and confirm the call on the field. So now it's 4th down. ND only has one TO. The refs then don't start the game clock which means NI has to kick a FG with 30 seconds left and ND keeps their last TO. Incredible. But for the inept ND QB, they still had a great chance to win.

I will wait until week 4 before I draw anything close to a conclusion about potential “playoff” teams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back