Never had this happen to me on eBay until now !!! (2 Viewers)

I am the person who started this thread. I could care less if he uses my picture or what he does with the item after he PAYS for the item. I just felt it was BIZARRE he already had it listed on his auctions before he sent PaYPAL for the item and the item was not even in transit.I did send him an email asking for payment as it has been a week since the auction ended.I did not mention anything else, but did add him to my blocked bidder list. He has 99% good feedback and a veteran ebay buyer/ seller of many years.

I guess my earlier post was not clear, so I will try again. Ebay policy states that it is a violation of their policy if a member uses a picture from another member's listing without first getting their permission to use it. Link is the one provided below by sotnik.

I guess my earlier post was not clear, so I will try again. Ebay policy states that it is a violation of their policy if a member uses a picture from another member's listing without first getting their permission to use it. Link is the one provided below by sotnik.
I saw that but I am not sure how that would apply to someone who has bought that item. Frankly I don't see the harm in it no matter what the rule.

Yes it is bizare but to me the issue would be whether (and how fast) he pays.

Please email me the user id. I like to keep tabs on stuff lik ethis.

It seems risky to list an item for sale on e-bay before having it. What if it arrives damaged and it has already been relisted as in good condition? It's not the same as pre-listing (taking bids) on an item to be produced on a when it's produced basis.

Terry

"Bizarre" and "risky" aren't the words that first came to mind to describe this guy's behavior, I think "stupid" is closer to the mark.

AGM, have you contacted eBay about it? Or at least, have you confronted your buyer about it, with an eye to escalating to eBay's "resolution center", depending on his response? That's what I'd do. And document everything.

Prost!
Brad

"Bizarre" and "risky" aren't the words that first came to mind to describe this guy's behavior, I think "stupid" is closer to the mark.

AGM, have you contacted eBay about it? Or at least, have you confronted your buyer about it, with an eye to escalating to eBay's "resolution center", depending on his response? That's what I'd do. And document everything.

Prost!
Brad
What is the goal of that? If the issue is non-payment or reneging on the bid I can certainly see the justification subject to the time requirements for such disputes. If the use of your photo really bothers you, then I suppose you could ask him to remove it. As to his resale, do you want him to pay you are do you want to prevent him from continuing his auction? If you do the later, are you reducing the likelihood he will do the former? The fact is that if he pays you, you will have a hard time showing how you were harmed by the other actions. While his conduct is certainly not something that I would approve, I would stick with labeling it bizarre unless you don't get paid.

Wow, this went way off the path. Long story short, the gentleman does pay, he is just slow, he is a reseller and he tends to list the items fast? Odd, but he does pay, good business practice, probably not, but funny thing is I have picked some bargains up from him. No harm no foul, you just have to have patience.

TD

I just love it when I am selling something and a bidder gets nasty about shipping costs when they admittedly state that the shipping will "cut into" their "profit".

Sorry, just went through this today.

Here is an update on this lost box. I filed a claim with US Post Office January 15 to recover the insurance money from this box. Today in the mail I received a letter from the US Post Office that my box was delivered in Austria January 26. Since I used International priority Mail , I doublechecked the tracking customs number and it shows delivery 6 weeks later !!!.

Here is the info

Your item was delivered in AUSTRIA at 1:49 PM on January 26, 2010.
Delivered Abroad, January 26, 2010, 1:49 pm, AUSTRIA
At Foreign Delivery Unit, January 26, 2010, 6:43 am, AUSTRIA
Out of Foreign Customs, January 25, 2010, 10:36 am, AUSTRIA
Into Foreign Customs, January 25, 2010, 10:14 am, AUSTRIA
Arrived Abroad, January 25, 2010, 10:14 am, AUSTRIA
International Dispatch, December 14, 2009, 12:06 am, ISC CHICAGO IL
Arrival Acceptance, December 12, 2009, 10:36 am, BRISTOL, WI 53104

Considering I gave the buyer a full $300 refund and he claimed I never shipped his box and he gave me 3 negatives, what do you think my next move should be?

And do you think he received my box or did the Austrian Post just said he did so they would not have to pay a claim to the US Post Office?

I emailed him 1pm today but have yet to receive a reply.

Thanks in advance for your input. Andy

Here is an update on this lost box. I filed a claim with US Post Office January 15 to recover the insurance money from this box. Today in the mail I received a letter from the US Post Office that my box was delivered in Austria January 26. Since I used International priority Mail , I doublechecked the tracking customs number and it shows delivery 6 weeks later !!!.

Here is the info

Considering I gave the buyer a full $300 refund and he claimed I never shipped his box and he gave me 3 negatives, what do you think my next move should be?

And do you think he received my box or did the Austrian Post just said he did so they would not have to pay a claim to the US Post Office?

Hi Andy,

I am sorry this transaction has been a very rough ride for you.

By now, eBay, PayPal and USPS must have replied to you with no satisfactory solution.

Now that you have proof of delivery from USPS, it is time for you to seize the initiative and counterattack.

How about getting some advice from your attorney ? It may cost you but there are principles involved.

If I were in your place, I would go broadside and fire away.

Best Wishes, Raymond.:)

Last edited:
Hi Andy,

I am sorry this transaction has been a very rough ride for you.

By now, eBay, PayPal and USPS must have replied to you with no satisfactory solution.

Now that you have proof of delivery from USPS, it is time for you to seize the initiative and counterattack.

How about getting some advice from your attorney ? It may cost you but there are principles involved.

If I were in your place, I would go broadside and fire away.

Best Wishes, Raymond.:)

Andy:

Contact PayPal. You are supposed to be covered when shipping to a "confirmed" address and able to demonstrate proof of delivery which is the case. Perhaps mail fraud or rifling would apply if he denies receiving the package(s). In any case, call them and eBay too via that number I gave you. Do not wait. In fact, since you refunded the monies, file an unpaid claim through eBay which you might have to do out of decorum anyway.

Good Luck,
Marc

Andy:

Just in case here is the low down...

When do I qualify for eBay Seller Protection?
If you sell an item that is eligible for eBay Buyer Protection and the buyer filed an item not received claim with eBay on this item, you are eligible for eBay Seller Protection.
To qualify for eBay Seller Protection, be sure to:

* Communicate proactively with your buyer throughout the transaction.
* Ship items within 7 days of the stated handling time on your listing. For pre-ordered or made-to-order goods, ship within the timelines stated in your listing.
* Use a shipping method that provides tracking information and/or valid delivery confirmation to the address in the PayPal transaction details or eBay order details page.
* Signature confirmation is required for transactions over $250.
* Retain your shipping documentation
* Respond to the eBay resolution process in a timely manner.

How am I protected against buyer unauthorized payments?
For unauthorized payments when using PayPal, please see PayPal Seller Protection. If your buyer paid with another payment method, please review that payment method's policies.

Here is the info

Andy:

Having done a fair amount of business with you through Ebay, I know your careful attention to detail and willingness to communicate with the buyer in order to satisfy them. I suspect most of your buyers, like me, provide the utmost positive feedback and that your Ebay feedback history demonstrates that.

Given that and the document you posted above, I would contact Ebay to have these negative feedback results expunged.

Ebay isn't a hobby for many; it is their livlihood, and this is no game. Ebay relies on all of us to participate in order to profit; they need to step up now and provide you with a satisfactory judgment. You are, after all, their patron.

Written testimonials and references furnished at your request.

It seems risky to list an item for sale on e-bay before having it. What if it arrives damaged and it has already been relisted as in good condition? It's not the same as pre-listing (taking bids) on an item to be produced on a when it's produced basis.

Terry

......................................................................................................

I know I'm coming in late here, but what if the buyer has the item already and the one he just bought is a spare?

As a rule, once I sell something I forget about it......its history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back