New ACW Molds (1 Viewer)

You could leave the guy with the bandaged head the way he is, as far as headwear is concerned anyway.

Okay, that would be cool too. I was going to have him impaling somebody on the bayonet, but I'm flexible.

Okay, that would be cool too. I was going to have him impaling somebody on the bayonet, but I'm flexible.

We can work something out. I just ordered about eight molds of various eras.

I found a lancer for the ACW. But the really neat stuff will be the motorcycle with rider and a santa figure:cool:

KV:

The Santa mold is great. I consists of 3 parts, Santa, bag of toys, and right arm. All pieces go together flawlessly. Throught trial and error, I've found the best way to paint him is by assembling body/arm and painting that, or at least his back and head, leaving a patch clear on his back around the slot where the toy sack fits. Paint the toys (presents, doll, stuffed bear, toy horn) and after, epoxy the pack to his back. Once the pack is installed, it's very difficult to reach the contents and one can do a better job (painting ribbons on the packages, the face on the doll and the Teddy bear) than if it's wholly assembled first then painted afterward.

Gneisenau

KV:

The kneeling/firing figure also lends himself to being done as Alabama Red Rover. Do linen (or butter cream) for the pants, red for the coat, and ghost grey (or equiv...I like because it's not as harsh as white) for the trim along the cuffs, bottom of jacket, collar and facings, hat (along brim) and beneath.
This is a great source..Uniforms of the Alamo and the Texas Revolution and the Men Who Wore Them
Bruce Marshall

Gneisenau

KV:

The Santa mold is great. I consists of 3 parts, Santa, bag of toys, and right arm. All pieces go together flawlessly. Throught trial and error, I've found the best way to paint him is by assembling body/arm and painting that, or at least his back and head, leaving a patch clear on his back around the slot where the toy sack fits. Paint the toys (presents, doll, stuffed bear, toy horn) and after, epoxy the pack to his back. Once the pack is installed, it's very difficult to reach the contents and one can do a better job (painting ribbons on the packages, the face on the doll and the Teddy bear) than if it's wholly assembled first then painted afterward.

Gneisenau

Hi Gregg,

Welcome to the forum, thank you for all the advice on the figures. I am glad that you are posting here finally. I am also hoping that you will post some pictures of some of your work. Please introduce yourself.:D

I can hardly wait for all the molds to get here. I had to rein myself in at the shop the other day because i wanted to buy all the molds. Then I guy gave me a $100 tip and a coffee card for Starbucks. He is going to get the first Santa mobile:D

KV:

Here's a couple pics (I think they uploaded) I just took of the ARR I painted this spring

Gneisenau

KV:

The kneeling/firing figure also lends himself to being done as Alabama Red Rover. Do linen (or butter cream) for the pants, red for the coat, and ghost grey (or equiv...I like because it's not as harsh as white) for the trim along the cuffs, bottom of jacket, collar and facings, hat (along brim) and beneath.
This is a great source..Uniforms of the Alamo and the Texas Revolution and the Men Who Wore Them
Bruce Marshall

Gneisenau

I am going to try that out as well.

Hi Gregg,

Welcome to the Treefrog Forum. I really like the pictures of the figure you painted and I look forward to seeing much more of your work.

I hope you enjoy membership in the forum as much as I do. You will find many friends here who are interested in your thoughts, your collection, and your excellent work. Please visit often and post frequently! We all look forward to communicating with you!

Warmest personal regards,

Pat

Thanks Pat/Michael...
Always good to have a home. We know They Are Out There..fellow casters. The trick is to grope around and find them and bring them to here before one is arrested.... I hope to find other casters and hopefully get some sort of consensus. I'm on good relations with Rich Dutkn but sometimes proposing new molds can be difficult if he doesn't perceive a "demand" for the mold. Regardless of whether we think it's a good idea or not. Personally, unless the casting is so ridiculous as to wonder why I would buy the mold, I will paint anything and am more than willing to learn about any period to support my search for the "authentic historical look." Together, we can make suggestions for what *we* would like to see. From talking to Rich Campbell (new owner of Dunken Co.), I have learned that PA supports the 40 mm line because it's easier for beginners. While we're all beginners at one time (If I could relate some horror stories...!), we learn. But sometimes it seems as if the companies that supposedly cater to us, won't *listen* to us. It would be good to give real suggestions before we're stuck with more Napoleonic card game molds and the 95th Reloaders (Rifles). Toy soldiers work best at home cast when one can create the mass line of firing, marching, charging. Sure, reloading is great but don't *lead* with it!

On another note..was cleaning the Room today. I found the mold from Li'l Army's original ACW Union Infantry marching. He's a trifle small. Compared to Union Officer marching (LA-1032) it's as if the officer is leading the 35th Pygmy Regiment.

Gregg

Thanks Pat/Michael...
Always good to have a home. We know They Are Out There..fellow casters. The trick is to grope around and find them and bring them to here before one is arrested.... I hope to find other casters and hopefully get some sort of consensus. I'm on good relations with Rich Dutkn but sometimes proposing new molds can be difficult if he doesn't perceive a "demand" for the mold. Regardless of whether we think it's a good idea or not. Personally, unless the casting is so ridiculous as to wonder why I would buy the mold, I will paint anything and am more than willing to learn about any period to support my search for the "authentic historical look." Together, we can make suggestions for what *we* would like to see. From talking to Rich Campbell (new owner of Dunken Co.), I have learned that PA supports the 40 mm line because it's easier for beginners. While we're all beginners at one time (If I could relate some horror stories...!), we learn. But sometimes it seems as if the companies that supposedly cater to us, won't *listen* to us. It would be good to give real suggestions before we're stuck with more Napoleonic card game molds and the 95th Reloaders (Rifles). Toy soldiers work best at home cast when one can create the mass line of firing, marching, charging. Sure, reloading is great but don't *lead* with it!

On another note..was cleaning the Room today. I found the mold from Li'l Army's original ACW Union Infantry marching. He's a trifle small. Compared to Union Officer marching (LA-1032) it's as if the officer is leading the 35th Pygmy Regiment.

Gregg

Is it the groping part that gets one arrested???

I need some horror stories, the guys need a new target for their silliness:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back