New civil war regiment (1 Viewer)

they are great figures{eek3}
When marines rebels or yankees as a novelty?^&confuse
Francisco

WOW!!!!!! {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}} Civil War almighty they look good! I'm getting these no doubt about it.

Yeah, I saw this in the newsletter earlier today. What a great compliment to the 55th North Carolina Regiment, with one unit advancing and one in a firing line. Just like the previous release, First Legion is doing an outstanding job with their ACW range.

Noah

OK, these ARE nice figures but what makes them the 13th Alabama, a notable unit, over any other Confederate unit other than the Regimental Colors? Distinctive uniform, badges, buttons?

I just received my first 3 55TH North Carolina yesterday......and now a whole new regiment .....WOW!!!!!!!^&grin^&grin

Firing lines are big at FL this season. Let’s see we have the following units coming out:

AWI British
Civil War Confederates
Polish Napoleonic Infantry
French Line infantry
Napoleonic Highlanders

Some Prussians and Russians next would be nice.

King's Man

The Alabama unit looks like another Civil War winner for First legion!!! absolutely love the detail in this unit, wish I had some extra coin to collect this line but...oh hell, I wish I had enough money to collect all the lines:)...Sammy

Absolutely marvelous figures!!! {bravo}}

May be placing an order on a new line!{sm2}

Matt: Very nice figurines. A perfect compliment to the marching 55th North Carolina set. I'm convinced your execution of the Confederate side is top notch. Again I lobby...could your firm create a line of Confederate Cavalry both mounted and dismounted ? Trust me they did fight at Gettysburg as early as Day 2 (Battle of Hunterstown) as well as Day 3 at East Cavalry Field. Currently not one manufacturer of ACW figurines makes this sides branch. More than just an oversight it is to be honest down right comical that the industry constantly portrays infantry and artillery and are oblivious to the mounted branch on the grey side. If they were history students most would fail the class.

Oh! My!...............The 13th Alabama-Archer's Brigade..............There goes the wife's new car......again

Looks to me to be about 21/22 different posed figures. But Judas Priest...what figures? These really look like mini works of art.

Well done Matt....I'm in

Normally I'm an K & C Junky with a low budget. But now I have to sell my kidney ..... {sm2}

Well, it looks like I will be re-allocating some of my WWII budget back to the Civil War. Now, who will be facing off against the Alabamians? Will it be the 2nd or 7th Wisconsin? I am hoping for the 7th. Great figures!!

Now, who will be facing off against the Alabamians? Will it be the 2nd or 7th Wisconsin?

The 13th were part of Archers Brigade and fought near the Herbst Woods, my guess would be either the 24th MI or the 19th IN, but either way, you'll be getting some Iron Brigade figures for sure.

Like the way Matt is laying this out, ie, regiment vs regiment.

These look to be quite amazing and something to look forward to.

The 13th were part of Archers Brigade and fought near the Herbst Woods, my guess would be either the 24th MI or the 19th IN, but either way, you'll be getting some Iron Brigade figures for sure.

Like the way Matt is laying this out, ie, regiment vs regiment.
My sources say the 13th AL fired into the left flank of the 2nd WI, which was then supported by the 7th WI. The 19th IN and 24th MI then advanced, and the 13th AL withdrew. I would be happy with any of those regiments. Actually my favorite would be the 19th advancing and firing. This unit has barely been touched by other makers.

OK, these ARE nice figures but what makes them the 13th Alabama, a notable unit, over any other Confederate unit other than the Regimental Colors? Distinctive uniform, badges, buttons?

Close scrutiny of this unit shows a typical mixture of Richmond depot and Alabama state issue uniforms.The Richmond issue jeans cloth jackets have faded from dark gray to a tan color very quickly after being issued in May and June 63.The darker blue/gray imported English wool kersey jackets have retained their color due to the steadfast dyes used.I noticed a sprinkling of black jackets.These were being issued at this time and Alabama regiments were some of the first to recieve them.The trousers seem to have faded the same way as the jackets although several soldiers wear pants made of imported English royal blue wool,which were often mistaken for Yankee trousers.Several soldiers are shown in their vests(waistcoats) and shirts.The many photographs of Confederate dead taken after the battle show at least 25% in vests and/or shirts.The slouch hats are a mixture of civlian types and Richmond issue.The caps are both Alabama issue (gray/brown) and Richmond issue(with a blue band).At this time the issue caps were priced at $1.75 untrimmed and $2.00 trimmed.
All in all,the most accurate Confederate infantry set ever released......in my opinion.
Jeff

Tullock, you read like you have experience in the terms. Thank you for your reply. I used to listen to the reenacting folks discussing stritches per inch, depots and weaves, and admire the research they had obviously done on the subject.

What Is nice about this set is that there appears to be "uniform" men and mixed uniform men in standard loading and firing poses with enough individuals to make several unit impressions to fit a particular battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back