New Conte Plastic Information (1 Viewer)

Conte is expecting to take pre-orders for Roman set 1 the May 5. No price has been published yet.

The enemy is apparently also sculpted and ready for mold making. These will be Germanic Barbarians. He writes on Facebook - '[FONT=&quot]no, the first opponents our Legions will face are the warlike tribes of Germania Tacitus described their clothing “also wear the skins of wild beasts; the tribes on the Rhine and Danube in a careless fashion, those of the interior with more elegance, as not obtaining other clothing by commerce. These select certain animals, the hides of which they strip off and vary them with the spotted skins of beasts, the produce of the outer ocean, and of seas unknown to us. The women have the same dress as the men except that they generally wrap themselves in linen garments, which they embroider with purple, and do not lengthen out the upper part of their clothing into sleeves. The upper and lower arm is thus bare, and the nearest part of the bosom is also exposed.'[/FONT]

https://www.facebook.com/EinarOneEyeIsTheGreatest/

Conte has added photos of Barbarian Masters to his FB page.

So they're largely based on the metal opponents done for his Winter Romans. Most of these will work for me. I'm keen to see what they look like alongside the TSSD barbarians.

Conte has received the new Romans. Hobby Bunker is taking orders for them at $35 USD per bag.

Boxes.jpgred box.jpg

Last edited:
congrats to Richard...
these look really well done...
this should shut up quite a few people...

Congratulations to Richard. Its nice to see he was able to work it out.
I hope they sell well.
Chuck

Preview photos of Rome at War set 2 are now up on the Conte FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/EinarOneEyeIsTheGreatest/

Rome 2.jpgRoman 2.jpg

I've ordered mine from Hobby Bunker. I got a set of each colour. I'm looking forward to comparing them with the TSSD and Exped figures. Just waiting for them to ship to Australia....

Anyone got theirs yet? What'd you think?

I've ordered mine from Hobby Bunker. I got a set of each colour. I'm looking forward to comparing them with the TSSD and Exped figures. Just waiting for them to ship to Australia....

Anyone got theirs yet? What'd you think?

Just got a few sets of Exped Romans today. I think they match up well with Conte. Like their Zulus do. I decided to swap out the Conte spears for the Exped ones. Exped are a stiffer plastic, and straight, you get ample of extras with Exped. Conte's are softer and tend to be bent.

As far as TSSD Romans - I've always been a bit disappointed with them. Stiff, but mainly to tall, a bit on the thin side. I personally find them to tall for mixing them in with Conte or Exped. At 65mm or even a bit over that, they look out of place

Hi,
Can someone please post some images of Conte Romans alongside Expeditionary Force and/or TSSD?

Just got a few sets of Exped Romans today. I think they match up well with Conte. Like their Zulus do. I decided to swap out the Conte spears for the Exped ones. Exped are a stiffer plastic, and straight, you get ample of extras with Exped. Conte's are softer and tend to be bent.

As far as TSSD Romans - I've always been a bit disappointed with them. Stiff, but mainly to tall, a bit on the thin side. I personally find them to tall for mixing them in with Conte or Exped. At 65mm or even a bit over that, they look out of place
I'm just the opposite. I got the Conte Romans and think that they don't mix with TSSD and XForce. I think XForce mixes well with TSSD. Every one's own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back