new dispatches (1 Viewer)

The motion model that I have has its gear down and is in 1/30 scale not 1/32. It was also pretty cheap like $120.

I have a Stuka with the gear down. I was told that if the plane has the gear in a fixed down position that is how the model is done. Otherwise, the plane is done with the gear up & displayed on a stand. I know you can order them with landing gear but that is more expensive. I was wondering why no one modifies them or customizes them. Would seem like adding landing gear would not be that hard. The interior detail could be more tricky.

Who ever heard of playtime dogfighting with the kids, using airplanes in gear down..Boy, that just aint realistic..MADDAD

The Stuka's landing gear was fixed. The Stuka is a cool looking war bird I wish i had one.

No problems with me Paul, I appreciate that kind of details. BTW, I also ordered my Komet and can't wait to have it :):):)

I'll give you more details Pierre of the K&C's offering of this, Me-163.

The K&C Me-163 is carrying the Work Number 191 329 on it's Rudder and I know some details about this very Rocket Fighter.

The Me-163 with Work Number 191 329 was a type B Variant built by Junkers and was assigned to II./JG 400 and was part of Company 7./JG 400, know as " Yellow 7 ".

It was captured by the British Army, on the German Airfield at Husum on the last day of the War, May 8, 1945. It was shipped to RAE Farnborough and assinged Identity number AM200.

For some reason it was repainted when in British hands, as were may captured Me-163, so the camo color when on display in England was not the original.

But there are War time photo's of Wr.191 329 that do show Yellow 7's real camo scheme, when it was flown by Reinhard Opitz at Nordholz, Germany.

You will not see photo's of Wr.191 329 with the Unit Emblem that is on the K&C version because the K&C version's Unit emblem really belonged to JG 400's, I./ JG 400 Company Unit 1., not JG 400's, II./JG 400, Company Unit 7., the real unit Wr. 191 329 belonged to.

But I don't care too much about the Unit Emblem on the K&C version because it looks good. And I really like that K&C is making the Me-163.

But the way the camo scheme is applied in the K&C version could be better and it would not be hard to get it right, as all the camo colors are right but not in the proper location, ( on top , aft of the wings ). See my other post about the proper camo in this thread.

As my late father's unit was one of the first, if not the first unit to encounter the Me-163 on the ground at Venlo. I'll treasure this Great K&C release :);):)

PAUL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back