New Figarti collector (1 Viewer)

Lancaster

Private
Thank you all for posting pictures. They helped convince me to overcome my skepticism and begin buying. I'm tremendously pleased with every item pictured here (although the Sherman commander isn't as professionally painted as the others). The American tanker with the Thompson sets the standard. Do we know if Figarti still retains the same painting staff as it did when it produced this run? Also, which releases are of this quality? I also purchased the flakvierling, but was disappointed with its quality (parts of the armor plate weren't even white-washed and the figures were nowhere near as nice as those in the images below). Treefrog quickly became my retailer of choice when it allowed me to return the item for store credit (which I intend to immediately invest in more Fiagrti items). Compared to a local Fiagrti retailer, which won't even return emails about availability or pricing, there's no contest: TT will get all of my money whenever they stock the items I want most.

My collection so far:
2u5uyl0.jpg

2m7ur2w.jpg

inea3c.jpg

2zf7uyb.jpg

I did do some slight touch ups to bring up the weathering on the Panzer IV and Sherman. In addition, the Sherman had been drybrushed with gunmetal, which made no sense to me, so I drybrushed that down with a few shades of olive drab, and added gunmetal highlights to the .50 cal

Welcome, Lancaster.:) I have long advocated Figarti vehicles as being the best in the industry. I really like that American M3 Lee Tank. I have the European special desert "Cambrai" M3 Grant, and the Tank recovery vehicle based on that chasis, along with several Shermans, and I couldn't be more pleased.

Nice collection you have growing there. I do like their AFV's but, IMO they are still let down by their figures.
Mitch

I also like the figure with the thompson machine gun. I bought the M3 Lee. But had issues with it. The first one I got, The paint was flaking off in a few spots (which Figarti eventually fixed with their Releases since the Firefly), So I exchanged it (planning To put Testors dry coat, on the next Lee), But that came broken up. So I returned it. and decided to purchase something else.
But since then I have been happy with all my Figarti products (The Firefly,The British and American Priest, Tropical 88, The Jeep with Mp's, sherman with the airstacks). So as you can see I have a full trust in Figarti, Now.

Figarti has their own style of doing figures (which may not appeal to everyone) and have decided to do things, as Rick puts it, the Figarti way. Everyone needs to find their own way of doing things; to carve out their identity.

However, getting back to the tanks, they are simply the best. The Crab and the Desert Sheman are probably the finest AFVs I own.

Nice collection you have growing there. I do like their AFV's but, IMO they are still let down by their figures.
Mitch
I've just ordered some British D-Day figures so are wait till they show up before commenting:D

Not sure this was about Tanks alone but, thats an interesting theory. I just think that if you can do AFV's as well as they do then creating better figures would be the most important thing. I now have four figarti vehicle sets but, do not like their figures. They have improved but, IMO are letting down the sets and hope this 'figarti way' improves.

This is not, before any jump on the bandwagon a knock on the manufacturer for the sake its rational critique of what I believe to be a problem with Figarti and, one which, has been with them from the start.
Mitch

Not sure this was about Tanks alone but, thats an interesting theory. I just think that if you can do AFV's as well as they do then creating better figures would be the most important thing. I now have four figarti vehicle sets but, do not like their figures. They have improved but, IMO are letting down the sets and hope this 'figarti way' improves.

This is not, before any jump on the bandwagon a knock on the manufacturer for the sake its rational critique of what I believe to be a problem with Figarti and, one which, has been with them from the start.
Mitch

I think that fair comment mate :)

I have noticed some definite improvement in Figarti figures, especially with the Soviet Cannon Crew....The poses for this set is less stiff and more natural....Well Done, Highly recommend that set...Figarti figures are sure to improve with better poses. Their AFV's are excellent,I own 10 Figarti AFV's.... breakage issues have been MUCH less due to much improved packaging...; not completely eliminated as better quality control checks at the factory prior to packaging seem to be necessary, but Rick has provided excellent customer service in regards to any problems that I have had....They stand squarely behind their product....Hope we see a 1:30 scale Grey Tiger or Winter Version (lightly weathered) soon from Figarti....Sure to be a big hit,....Rick, I'll place my pre-order now ;)

Thank you all for posting pictures. They helped convince me to overcome my skepticism and begin buying. I'm tremendously pleased with every item pictured here (although the Sherman commander isn't as professionally painted as the others). The American tanker with the Thompson sets the standard. Do we know if Figarti still retains the same painting staff as it did when it produced this run? Also, which releases are of this quality? I also purchased the flakvierling, but was disappointed with its quality (parts of the armor plate weren't even white-washed and the figures were nowhere near as nice as those in the images below). Treefrog quickly became my retailer of choice when it allowed me to return the item for store credit (which I intend to immediately invest in more Fiagrti items). Compared to a local Fiagrti retailer, which won't even return emails about availability or pricing, there's no contest: TT will get all of my money whenever they stock the items I want most.

My collection so far:
2u5uyl0.jpg

2m7ur2w.jpg

inea3c.jpg

2zf7uyb.jpg

I did do some slight touch ups to bring up the weathering on the Panzer IV and Sherman. In addition, the Sherman had been drybrushed with gunmetal, which made no sense to me, so I drybrushed that down with a few shades of olive drab, and added gunmetal highlights to the .50 cal

I agree with you about the Lee color and repainted mine, as well as brightened up the crew...Michael

Attachments

• HPIM0231.JPG
    HPIM0231.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 162
  • HPIM0233.JPG
    HPIM0233.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 162
Both the JS-2 and JSU-152 are excellent and I hope they continue this line. The Russian set which accompanies this series also looks good when compared with K&Cs Battle of Berlin series. I haven't got the AT gun set yet as it wouldn't fit into my dio, but will have another look this Christmas.

I know someone will now say "well that was K&C a few years ago" but from where they were it is a major improvement which I hope to see more of in forthcoming releases.

A Russian casualty figure/set wouldn't go amiss, hint, hint....

Andy

Great Africa Korps pieces/photos. Not a Figarti collector, may need to take a closer look at this line!:)

Great Africa Korps pieces/photos. Not a Figarti collector, may need to take a closer look at this line!:)

So far the Africa sets are unmatched in my collection. So much so that I'm determined to figure out when these were released in relation to the other pieces, and whether I'm seeing a recent increase in quality or a decrease in the quality of sets that shipped after them. I just got the Willys "jeep ambush" set and the figures are of such comparably low quality that a visitor should suspect they come from another company altogether.

Figures in the Africa sets ("lost in the desert" and "Afrika Corps at rest" as well as those that come with the Panzer IV and Lee) are superb, with magnificent blending and detail. If a company could consistently produce hand-painted product of this quality I'd happily spend far more of my money. Sadly this isn't the case. Stock photos of the figures with the jeep do not reflect the lesser quality of the actual item (I need to shoot some comparison pics when it's sunny outside).

Unless I see several close up shots of a given item taken by owners, I'm done with Figarti. The items are too expensive to take these risks. Let me know if anyone's interested in the jeep set. I'll sell it at 20% off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back