Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Bushy Run

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Other (specify one choice)

Votes: 16 18.8%

• Total voters

Combat

Brigadier General
John has already decided what they are, but just for fun here is a poll taken from suggestions here and CF. It's multiple choice so pick as many as you would have a reasonable interest in collecting. I tried to pick from those most often requested and a few obvious ones from the FI War since that is an area of interest for most JJ collectors.

Glad to see the Indian Mutiny in the lead at the moment. Anybody surprised?

My other personal choice would be Grant's Defeat during the FIW, especially the 77th Highlanders. However, no one else seems at all interested in Grant's Defeat. Suprsingly to no one, I voted for anything FIW with a strong Native American presence.

If you include in the SNAZZY factor, the 42nd at Bushy Run might be my first choice. They had a uniform and color change between Ticonderoga and Bushy Run resulting in a definite increase in the all important "Snazzy". As it regards Fort William Henry, the 35th is non-Snazzy.

If I was John's marketing guru, Northwest Frontier!!! High Snazzy!!!

Voted for siege of Fort William Henry with LOTM overtones. Barszo did a beautiful playset in 1992 of LOTM and like an idiot I sold it a few years ago...

Voted for siege of Fort William Henry with LOTM overtones. Barszo did a beautiful playset in 1992 of LOTM and like an idiot I sold it a few years ago...

Hi,
LOTM? Sorry, just worked it out.

My other choice would be Grant's Defeat during the FIW, especially the 77th Highlanders. Seems I voted for all the FIW with an Native American Element. However, no one else seems at all interested in Grant's Defeat.

If you include in the SNAZZY factor, the 42nd at Bushy Run might be my first choice. They had a uniform and color change between Ticonderoga and Bushy Run resulting in a definite increase in the all important "Snazzy". As it regards Fort William Henry, the 35th is non-Snazzy.

If I was John's marketing guru, Northwest Frontier!!! High Snazzy!!!

"SNAZZY"....hehehehe:D

Doug...I picked 5 of them...

1) New Orleans
2) Vikings
3) Trojan
4) Bushy Run
5) Ticonderoga

New Orleans appeals to me the most though..."no ifs ands or buts"...

I have a good base of those figures already and would like to build the defense works for that battle...

The US side was comprised of the most eclectic group of men ever assembled... United States army troops with a ramshackle mix of American forces from Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Louisiana militia; Baratarian pirates, Choctaw warriors, free black soldiers, sailors, and various other militias, with 8 batteries containing 32's, 24's, 18's, 12's and 6's...plus howitzers...defeating Britain's finest white and black troops drawn from Europe and the West Indies...

quite a mix of figures if John ever went this way...

I also read somewhere that Jackson road the streets of New Orleans on horseback prior to the battle recruiting anybody he could...drunk or sober...and was also very effective at persuading them...

this was a big victory for the US...a regional effort...

Militia units from surrounding states joined local troops in defending Louisiana. These included mounted militia and dragoons, (mounted troops who rode into battle, dismounted, and fought on foot). Major Gabriel Villeré commanded the Louisiana Militia, and Major Jean Baptiste Plauché headed the New Orleans uniformed militia companies. Each of these companies had its own distinctive, colorful uniform, and many of their members had previous military experience in France, Saint-Domingue (Haiti), and Latin America.

Louisianians contributed to the American victory in many ways. Behind the front lines white and free black men forty-five years and older formed home guards to protect private property and maintain order in New Orleans and surrounding towns and posts. Slaves and citizens helped widen canals and build defenses along them. Slaves also fortified military positions and fought in several battles of the Louisiana campaign. Women at home made clothing for the troops and flags and bandages for the militia regiments, while nuns and free women of color nursed the wounded at hospitals and convents.

The First and Second Battalions of Free Men of Color, comprising over six hundred men, played an important role in the Louisiana campaign, just as free black men had during the colonial period in the service of France and Spain. Louisiana was the first state in the Union to commission a military officer of African descent, and an act passed by the Louisiana legislature in 1812 was the first in the nation to authorize a black volunteer militia with its black line officers.

Fighting with Jackson's forces in Louisiana was a group of Choctaws, longtime enemies of the pro-British Creek nation. They were under the command of Major Pierre Jugeant, a part-Choctaw scout who had grown up among Native Americans and spoke various dialects.

The legendary Baratarian pirates also lent assistance to Jackson and the Americans, primarily in the form of military supplies and artillery power. The Baratarians had been approached by British officials to act as allies and waterway guides. Acting as leader of the "Frenchmen of Barataria," Jean Laffite went to American authorities while considering the British offer, ultimately securing from Jackson promises of amnesty for past offenses in return for siding with the United States and committing his men to battle.

http://lsm.crt.state.la.us/cabildo/cab6.htm

more celebrity figures than you could shake a stick at...this series is loaded...

Jean Laffite...Jackson..........this series would be cool...:cool:

For me Trojan with some help from the Sparton's, but would be happy with a long in depth series of Sudan.

1) other: Usa-mexico war (1846-48)
indian war (1865-90)
usa-spain war (1898)
boxer rebellion (1900)
2) boer war

Old Fritz's Masterpiece The Battle of Rossbach please . This would be Fantastic and IMO would address a slight oversight in the TS industry . Of course its easy to request something that my not be a big seller , but hey we can Dream . I'll go on the record and commit to one of each :) if they would do it ...

I think the Boer War would go nicely with the other series of Johns !!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

I'm a little surprised at how well the non-FIW is doing. I would have thought most of John's collectors would be more partial to that conflict. My big three are:

1) Bushy Run (shocking)
2) Trojan War
3) Ticonderoga

But any of those listed would be great. I'm probably most surprised by the level of interest in the Boer War and Rossbach.

Would like to see figures from the Seminole wars since John likes indians.

A guess as to one of the new lines would be one of the Canadian uprising.

Gary L.

I'm a little surprised at how well the non-FIW is doing. I would have thought most of John's collectors would be more partial to that conflict. My big three are:

1) Bushy Run (shocking):eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
2) Trojan War
3) Ticonderoga

But any of those listed would be great. I'm probably most surprised by the level of interest in the Boer War and Rossbach.

I'm surprised:eek::D
Mark

Rossbach was one of my choices and would be a great selection for a little covered subject. -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back