Votes: 12 14.1%
  • Battle of Saint Foy (Quebec)

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Bushy Run

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Other (specify one choice)

Votes: 16 18.8%

• Total voters
The Indian Wars of the Old Northwest in the 1780's and 90's would be good.Actually the whole period between the end of the Revolution until the end of the War of 1812 is a prime territory for a manufacturer to get into.
Mark

Franco Prussian war. Boxer rebellion would be good but John has said to me that this could cause some problems.

Franco Prussian war. Boxer rebellion would be good but John has said to me that this could cause some problems.

Glynn, right with you on this one! But I doubt it though. :(

Jeff

Boer War vote surprises me but I bet John could make some very good rugged looking Boers.
Mark

1. Others: The Last Stand At Gandamak
2. Indian Mutiny

IM and the Boer war, although that will add another line to my already long list of Colonial period ranges.

Oh well, it's only the Wife's Christmas present being binned next.

Andy

I'm only getting into metal after plastic, so I'm not at all sure what's been brought out so far. But I wouldn't mind seeing The Punic Wars. The colour of ancient armies allows for interesting models and dioramas. In the case of the Carthagian army, there's also Celts and Numidians to oppose the Romans.

IM and the Boer war, although that will add another line to my already long list of Colonial period ranges.

Oh well, it's only the Wife's Christmas present being binned next.

Andy

Hi Andy,

When is all this going to end? I mean being spoilt for choice, this time last year there was only Zulu war in matt.

It's our wedding anniversary this week and I bought the wife the first WB Mahdist just to see how both ranges compare. Perhaps a good idea for Christmas? :rolleyes::eek::D

Jeff

Nothing wrong with that....let me know how it goes.

Andy:D

It's our wedding anniversary this week and I bought the wife the first WB Mahdist just to see how both ranges compare. Perhaps a good idea for Christmas? :rolleyes::eek::D

Jeff[/QUOTE]

Someone suggested a how tolerant is your wife poll on a K&C thread. It would have to have a minus rating for my good lady. Shame as I have already got my mum into K&C, and my dad has collected toy soldiers off and on all his life.

Jeff you are a brave man!

Not to influence the results, but this weekend is the 247th anniversary of the battle of Bushy Run. I will post some pictures of the reenactment assuming I don't have heat stroke.

My votes went for :
Boer War - on the basis that the Aussies are included ! Since a bit of a guerilla war not that suitable for massed ranks. Some interesting leaders and can have Winston !!!
Trojan - would like some Greeks but would prefer Sparta / Athens etc V Persia.
Indian Mutiny - interesting and colourful.

Also like Gandamuk idea.

Zulus well covered already and as we know another brand doing NW Frontier.
If there are to be three new lines then I would guess one would be a N American subject as Jenkins has a good following in that area already.

Whatever it is I look forward to it.

Regards
Brett

Voted for Rossbach.

Would like to see John take his F&I War series into Europe and do the Seven Years War. Would love to see how he would portray the army of Fredrick the Great as well those more ''formal'' regiments of old Europe (Gardes Francaises etc.) that were not engaged in N. America.

Voted for Rossbach.

Would like to see John take his F&I War series into Europe and do the Seven Years War. Would love to see how he would portray the army of Fredrick the Great as well those more ''formal'' regiments of old Europe (Gardes Francaises etc.) that were not engaged in N. America.
Here, here! -- Al

Well, having been born there, New Orleans was my first choice -- such a variety of participants! But, from what I hear, John isn't interested in that subject.

Not a guess at Spanish Civil War. (And guessing "other" doesn't do it.

Just goes to show - No one ever expects the Spanish ... :eek::D:D

Terry

Not a guess at Spanish Civil War. (And guessing "other" doesn't do it.

Just goes to show - No one ever expects the Spanish ... :eek::D:D

Terry

If I had listed all the military conflicts in human history, my guess is that the Condor Legion would have been among the last that John would have done. He had us "walking Spanish down the hall" per Tom Waits.

Boer war ,I agree with Brett i would love to see breaker morant and the aussies sculpted by John.
Bren

Users who are viewing this thread

Back