New Modelzone Zulu Exclusive (1 Viewer)

It's official they have gone into administration check there web site and see below.

"On 26 June 2013, Richard Michael Hawes, Nicholas Guy Edwards and Robert James Harding of Deloitte LLP were appointed Joint Administrators of Modelzone Holdings Limited, The Amerang Group Limited, Modelzone Limited and Amerang Limited (together the "Companies"). The affairs, business and property of the Companies are being managed by the Joint Administrators. The Joint Administrators act as agents of the Companies only and contract without personal liability. The Joint Administrators are authorised by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). All licensed Insolvency Practitioners of Deloitte LLP are licensed in the UK".

Ansar

Surely Britain could just choose another distributor to give exclusive to??? Simples! Jamiesons models in Glasgow has a wide variety of Britains sets including zulu so theycould beta contender maybe?

Scott

First post for along time,i personally would miss the local Modelzone stores i use (Leeds and Sheffield) such a haven for when my wife decides to go shopping in these cities.
Probably the only place i could view Britains new releases on the high street.(without using the internet)
For those in the Uk take a look at how many Retailers there are,taking away 47-50 Modelzone shops and the answer is not many.{eek3}Dont see how this helps to grow your core business^&confuse
Regarding the new limited edition wonder if the set has been manufactured,if so will Britains take over distribution?
Regards Steve:salute::

Surely Britain could just choose another distributor to give exclusive to??? Simples! Jamiesons models in Glasgow has a wide variety of Britains sets including zulu so theycould beta contender maybe?

Scott

Scott,
It is a fairly big order to take 300 of one item even at wholesale.
Modelzone had 47 shops which is why easier for them to do it.
I think the Guards Museum (MKL) is the only other place that has done it in UK.
Regards
Brett

First post for along time,I personally would miss the local Modelzone stores i use (Leeds and Sheffield) such a haven for when my wife decides to go shopping in these cities.
Probably the only place I could view Britain's new releases on the high street.(without using the internet)
For those in the Uk take a look at how many Retailers there are,taking away 47-50 Modelzone shops and the answer is not many.{eek3}Dont see how this helps to grow your core business^&confuse
Regarding the new limited edition wonder if the set has been manufactured,if so will Britains take over distribution?
Regards Steve :salute::

I agree Steve, not only that but most shops have at least 3 staff members - not good news for them unless a buyer can be found for all or some of the outlets.

Sad news.

Jeff

Scott,
Regards
Brett

Whichever shop does pick up any of the AZW exclusive pieces - I will have one of each!

Hope that helps.

Jack

Scott,
Regards
Brett

Magpie (Manchester House Collectables in Evesham) have underwritten 2 Napoleonic sets both of which are readily available.

MKL still have the River Nile Camels available.

All the above sets, in particular, the camels were retailed at premium prices. One suspects on exclusivity as a limited edition. Seem to caught the wave as it began petering out.

I believe wbritains is handling this one themselves now via their collector club program. Ken promised to keep us updated when it will be available to order

The Standard (and order form) arrived today for this set.

The set is £69.99. As a Model Zone exclusive it is £12 more than the normal set from WB. Fair enough because of the risk Model Zone take with exclusives.

But now it is only available from WB who are also charging a further £9 for P&P

So 2 figure sets that retail at £57.96 now cost £78.99. Lets not forget that WB are keeping all the profit NOT Modelzone / retailer

Ken - would you care to justify this?

A disgruntled AZW collector

The Standard (and order form) arrived today for this set.

The set is £69.99. As a Model Zone exclusive it is £12 more than the normal set from WB. Fair enough because of the risk Model Zone take with exclusives.

But now it is only available from WB who are also charging a further £9 for P&P

So 2 figure sets that retail at £57.96 now cost £78.99. Lets not forget that WB are keeping all the profit NOT Modelzone / retailer

Ken - would you care to justify this?

A disgruntled AZW collector

Hello there,
I am headed to the U.K. next week for research and to meet with our partners at Bachmann, including the AZW set that was to be a Modelzone exclusive. This is an interesting detail you brought up and I will report back as soon as I know more.
All the best,
Ken

Hello there,
I am headed to the U.K. next week for research and to meet with our partners at Bachmann, including the AZW set that was to be a Modelzone exclusive. This is an interesting detail you brought up and I will report back as soon as I know more.
All the best,
Ken

Ken

Thank you for the swift response

I would have taken it up with WB UK but since Bachmann have taken over, their communication / response to emails is poor.

Gazza

Wonder what the criteria is for this side of the pond. If it is £9 (or equivalent) postage for us we are quids in as I think MZ wanted £25.

I would love to see orders mailed from Canada to Canadian customers so that I don't have to pay the brokerage fee for things coming across the border. It doesn't always happen but does seem to happen on bigger packages. I'm trying to order things exclusively from Canadian retailers hoping to reduce the cost of shipping and brokerage but I'm not sure if they get access to all the exclusive models and so called collectors club models.

I have ordered many things from the WB collectors club and I think only once I have had to pay. I think it was the GST on the item plus the $5 handling fee from our friends at Canada post

Hello there,
All the best,
Ken

Ken

Do you have an update on this?

Thanks

Gazza

These are being released by WB directly. I had an email from Jennifer and I have one on order.

Where we're located I need to rely on internet orders -- I haven't seen anything yet on that front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back