New release: Hitlers berghof! (1 Viewer)

The Collectors Showcase

Staff Sergeant
NEW RELEASE: HITLERS BERGHOF!

Happy Holidays! Time to release some new goodies. TCS announces our biggest release ever. Hitler’s mountain retreat: The Berghof. The Berghof was Adolf Hitler's home in the Obersalzberg. Besides the Wolfsschanze, his headquarters in East Prussia Hitler spent more time at the Berghof than anywhere else during World War II. This highly accurate model is made of metal and marbled gypsum. We’ve even created a flag banner that is removable. This delicately painted museum piece is one of the most limited edition we’ve ever created. Numbering just 100 sets worldwide. We expect to have them in inventory for a short time. Keep your eyes peeled for other additions from our Holiday Catalog.

Tally Hooo,

Brian
BERG.jpg
BERG1.jpg
BERG2.jpg
BERG3.jpg

Hitlers Berghof, how lovely! Why do you not sell the Führer's toilet as part of this beautiful toy-soldiers world? Then everyone would know where this whole .. came from. Remember: It´s all part of history ...

Kind regards

Sam

Nice, but I haven't seen so many people in white since the last Penn St. game. Is this supposed to depict some special occasion? I was a little dubious of the white uniforms but found pictures of Hitler and Himmler in the white uniform. It was apparently a summer uniform most prevalent in the early war years with some examples from the Berlin Olympics.

Last edited:
I was wondering about those white uniforms, too. In any color film clips I've seen of Hitler he was the only one wearing white.

A member on another forum suggested that the Dog looks like a cross between a Shepherd and a Borzoi, think that's about right. My other suggestions were a Laberdoodle or a German Shepoodle but as noted , one breed didn't exist in the 1940s and the other thank god to my knowledge has still not been invented! That dog is god awful in pictures, hope it is better in the flesh.

Badly sculpted German Shepherds is a pet peeve of mine after having 40 years worth of them.

TD

Berghof.......Not the first time a Toy soldier company made a diorama set on this topic.
The first one done by K&C years back sold out fairly quickly. Whether one likes or dislikes
this subject in toy soldier collecting, this period in history has a market and sells.

Wayne

I was wondering about those white uniforms, too. In any color film clips I've seen of Hitler he was the only one wearing white.

Not unusual. White was the usual color for German summer dress uniforms. The army had a white linen tunic for officers, for summer wear, for example. That's a uniform detail whose roots go back to the white linen trousers of the old Prussian army's uniform. White linen in summer, and woolen trousers in various shades of gray, over the years.

Prost!
Brad

Berghof.......Not the first time a Toy soldier company made a diorama set on this topic.
The first one done by K&C years back sold out fairly quickly. Whether one likes or dislikes
this subject in toy soldier collecting, this period in history has a market and sells.

Wayne

[FONT=&quot]You are absolutely right: There is a market! Brian started his advertisement with “Happy Holidays!”. So it is a Christmas Market. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Adolf "Adi" Hitler wil[/FONT][FONT=&quot]l be home for Christmas[/FONT] at the Berghof-dollhouse to kiss lovely Eva Braun and good old Heinrich "Heini" Himmler under the mistletoe. This could be stuff for a Monty Python´s sketch or for a new song text: “I'm dreaming of a white Hitler, just like the Führer we used to know, may your days be merry and bright and may all your Adolfs be white ....” [/FONT]
Best regards
Sam

It was suggested the K&C version wasn’t historically accurate.. Does the CS version look better?

It was suggested the K&C version wasn’t historically accurate.. Does the CS version look better?

Take a look at an original photograph, I would say the K&C version was leagues ahead of this one. This one IMO belongs in a Bavarian Oktoberfest as the tavern.
TD

Hi Tom can’t agree with you more it’s also a pet peeve with me after over 30 years in the British armed forces handling and training these beautiful animals
JF
A member on another forum suggested that the Dog looks like a cross between a Shepherd and a Borzoi, think that's about right. My other suggestions were a Laberdoodle or a German Shepoodle but as noted , one breed didn't exist in the 1940s and the other thank god to my knowledge has still not been invented! That dog is god awful in pictures, hope it is better in the flesh.

Badly sculpted German Shepherds is a pet peeve of mine after having 40 years worth of them.

TD

Hi Tom can’t agree with you more it’s also a pet peeve with me after over 30 years in the British armed forces handling and training these beautiful animals
JF

Hear Hear, I agree!

Unfortunately just lost the last one and our family is taking a break from this wonderful breed, My Mom at 78 says her time is done.......my wife told me I have to wait til I am home enough to take care of the next one!! SO, I wait. I think the one I will get in retirement will be another Belgian. I have fond memories of our Duke, very well trained and a true family dog. He was loving but had the right sense of protection. I always feel this way, my (our) dog is not a play toy for the masses, he is part of the family and that works for me. I don't have to have the friendliest dog on the block, they are meant to be part of my family and when well trained and experienced people handle them, No issue!
TD

Here are 2 period photos of the actual Berghof. Note the position of the Large window "A" and the location of the patio "B"

Wayne

Attachments

• Berghofnow2.gif
    Berghofnow2.gif
    32.4 KB · Views: 322
  • Berghofnow.jpg
    Berghofnow.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 639
Last edited:
Here are 2 period photos of the actual Berghof. Note the position of the Large window "A" and the location of the patio "B"

Wayne

So both K&C and Collector's Showcase have applied artistic license, shall we say, by moving the terrace to a position at the gable end of the house, under the large window.

Prost!
Brad

Yes the window being used is more impressive than the door and windows that really back the patio. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN2011.jpg
    DSCN2011.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 291
Saw the ruins of the haus many yrs ago. Only the foundation was still there and you could look into the basement. Think I read they removed that sometime later. The ride up to the nearby Eagle's Nest is spectacular. Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back