New Release: Marines In Fallujah! (1 Viewer)

One of my friends in Brisbane who does not post on the forum and does not collect TCS was initially uncertain about this vehicle and the figures. Almost reluctantly he purchased it one day when I was in our local shop, perhaps in response to the almost complete absence of modern ranges to collect. Fifteen minutes after he got home he emailed me and raved about how good it was. He never raves about anything being good so his assessment was interesting.

One of my friends in Brisbane who does not post on the forum and does not collect TCS was initially uncertain about this vehicle and the figures. Almost reluctantly he purchased it one day when I was in our local shop, perhaps in response to the almost complete absence of modern ranges to collect. Fifteen minutes after he got home he emailed me and raved about how good it was. He never raves about anything being good so his assessment was interesting.

A classic case of Cognitive Dissonance, Jack.

A person buys something that he maybe doesn't really want - and probably spends more than he wanted to, on it.

Probably on the way home - he's listing in his head, all of the good things he can think of - to justify his purchase of something he didn't expect to own. By the time he gets home - he's itching to have a closer look at what he bought.

He finds everything he was thinking positively about it - and then finds other things he likes as well, like the touch of it - the wheels go around etc, (recognise the feeling?)

he is reducing the conflict within himself, that he had in the shop about buying it - and giving himself positive feelings about his purchase by reinforcing all of the good things he has thought about and found in his purchase.

His e-mail to you is just reinforcing how good he now feels about the purchase within himself, ( and maybe he also wants you to think so to).

Replied yet?? jb

A classic case of Cognitive Dissonance, Jack.

A person buys something that he maybe doesn't really want - and probably spends more than he wanted to, on it.

Probably on the way home - he's listing in his head, all of the good things he can think of - to justify his purchase of something he didn't expect to own. By the time he gets home - he's itching to have a closer look at what he bought.

He finds everything he was thinking positively about it - and then finds other things he likes as well, like the touch of it - the wheels go around etc, (recognise the feeling?)

he is reducing the conflict within himself, that he had in the shop about buying it - and giving himself positive feelings about his purchase by reinforcing all of the good things he has thought about and found in his purchase.

His e-mail to you is just reinforcing how good he now feels about the purchase within himself, ( and maybe he also wants you to think so to).

Replied yet?? jb

Dear Johnny

I feel I should be on a couch talking to a therapist. There is actually another layer to the discussion that lends further weight to your asssessment. My friend Phil and I often amuse ourselves by trying to goad the other into making impulse purchases. I was pushing him to make the purchase and surprised myself with my success. That said, I have a collection of 20 Britains AWI figures when he convinced me out of the blue to start a range.

Jack

Dear Johnny

I feel I should be on a couch talking to a therapist. There is actually another layer to the discussion that lends further weight to your asssessment. My friend Phil and I often amuse ourselves by trying to goad the other into making impulse purchases. I was pushing him to make the purchase and surprised myself with my success. That said, I have a collection of 20 Britains AWI figures when he convinced me out of the blue to start a range.

Jack

And you love 'em - right??:D This concept is pretty standard fare in the World of Marketing ( though they may not call it that). They do know however, that if they can get you to do something they want ( like buying something, however small), it will make it easier for them to do something similar later on - and hopefully it will be a bigger ticket price.

The owner of the TS shop now ought to owe you Jack - as you helped him out with that initial purchase. Try for a discount on your next purchase?? He can only say No.

Anytime - step into my darkened room - pull up a couch - relax - and you can confide in me.:rolleyes:

Your okay now - how am I? :cool: jb

And you love 'em - right??:D This concept is pretty standard fare in the World of Marketing ( though they may not call it that). They do know however, that if they can get you to do something they want ( like buying something, however small), it will make it easier for them to do something similar later on - and hopefully it will be a bigger ticket price.

The owner of the TS shop now ought to owe you Jack - as you helped him out with that initial purchase. Try for a discount on your next purchase?? He can only say No.

Anytime - step into my darkened room - pull up a couch - relax - and you can confide in me.:rolleyes:

I have tried the discount route with my dealer but he can be quite unreasonable. He feels that because he pays the rent, the electricity, mans the shop and takes the risk, that somehow that entitles him to all of the profit. How selfish is that?

I have tried the discount route with my dealer but he can be quite unreasonable. He feels that because he pays the rent, the electricity, mans the shop and takes the risk, that somehow that entitles him to all of the profit. How selfish is that?

What a meanie! - Keep trying. :D jb

I like your thinking and where this is heading............will be keen to hear how Jack progresses with his Dealer too.:wink2:

They look great!!!

One thing though...all the soldiers have a patch (or two) of green grass on their base. There is not much grass in the desert.

Not trying to be critical, just real.

John from Texas

Not all of Iraq is desert. They have mountains and swamps and everything.

I picked up a couple more of these figures today at Sierra. I hope they expand this line as the more I look at them the more I like them.

I ordered all of them when they first came out and they look fantastic. They also look great next to the King & Country Iraq/Afghanistan sets.

I ordered all of them when they first came out and they look fantastic. They also look great next to the King & Country Iraq/Afghanistan sets.

They are really good, especially when you consider their price point. Not to mention the fact that no other company is doing a modern series.

You got me thinking again. It was between this, KC Israelis, FL Vietcong or JJD WWI French. I'm now leaning toward the Humvee first. If I like it, I'll get all the soldiers. I wish I bought the Figarti Abrams tank.

You got me thinking again. It was between this, KC Israelis, FL Vietcong or JJD WWI French. I'm now leaning toward the Humvee first. If I like it, I'll get all the soldiers. I wish I bought the Figarti Abrams tank.

You won't be sorry. But don't forget the dead taliban with the "I love NY" shirt! Flaming brilliant!

Maybe Collector's Showcase will make the Abrams?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back