New release: Sturmgeschutze ausf. G! (1 Viewer)

I am not suggesting that there has not been a decline in quality any more than I am suggesting there has. I am not in any position to make that assessment. My view was a very generalised observation that the manufacturers are caught trying to pitch their product to the greatest number of people at a price the greatest number of people can afford. Any price point will be too high for some, too low for others, and for that special group, it will be just right. In the final analysis, it becomes the personal choice of each collector as to whether to buy a product or not.

I think there has been a decline in quality of some models by some companies. There are sufficient examples of complaints on this forum to support that generalization. Some companies get lots of complaints - some get very few. The toy soldier industry seems to be divided into the historical toy soldier producers and the marketing/sales oriented producers. There are benefits and disadvantages to which sphere one collects in.

Terry

I have not yet heard of a problem with the Sturmtiger; can someone advise me what it is?

Agree with your comment above. Are there any issues with new Sturmtiger ? Because I'm thinking about getting it.

Not issues per se with the sturmtiger that I have in terms of detail but, I am not a fan of the screws holding in the bottom plate and some issues with the fit of the crew (mine are fine so, it looks like its hit and miss) 1/28th scale if that bothers you in a 1/30th hobby but, would definitely say if you want one get this as I can't see anyone else doing one anytime soon
Mitch

Agree with your comment above. Are there any issues with new Sturmtiger ? Because I'm thinking about getting it.

I actually prefer the 1/28 scale AFV's; since the figures have grown to 68MM on average. I dislike figures taller than the deck of Panthers and Tigers by half a head in height. Remember the old plastic army men of about 1/32 with vehicles of about 1/48. I hated that as a kid and I hate it even more now. Only Collectors Showcase and First Legion get the combination of figures and vehicles correct in relative size. The difference is one group of manufacturers makes Toy Soldiers the other group makes Military Miniatures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back