New releases (1 Viewer)

Always pleased to see more ACW rank and file. I usually purchase at least 2 of each of the Rebels and repaint the uniforms to some degree. ZULUs' are welcome too . Looking forward to adding these and the new 24th foot for our January Zulu war games.
The Nile series. Have restrained myself for years.I am afraid I waited too long and now many are gone , sold out. Use 20 figure units for 54mm SWORD AND THE FLAME war games. Am I simply too late to find enough British to build units?
FubAR

I think you have to look elsewhere for your glossy fix I am afraid
Fortunately there are many cottage manufacturers who still cater for us glossy fans but the mainstream manufactures are all firmly fixed on the matt figures

Hello, Ericka here,

I just wanted to say that there are 2 gloss figures coming up very soon. The Birmingham Toy Soldier Show and the London Event figure are both gloss figures.

All the Best,
Hope to see everyone at the Chicago Show!
Ericka

PS- Remember Ken is a completist at heart- He does not start anything that he doesn't plan to finish... ;)

The upcoming releases look great. You can't have enough ACW. Of course the 13 inch mortar is a must have. I have been buying more Rev War figures lately, and that British cannon set has my name all over it.

Hello, Ericka here,

I just wanted to say that there are 2 gloss figures coming up very soon. The Birmingham Toy Soldier Show and the London Event figure are both gloss figures.

All the Best,
Hope to see everyone at the Chicago Show!
Ericka

PS- Remember Ken is a completist at heart- He does not start anything that he doesn't plan to finish... ;)

Thank you that is good news

Can anyone explain the rationale behind the quantities of the limited edition AZW series from Manchester house and Sierra Toy?

2 sets - 300 pieces
1 set - 350 pieces
1 set - 450 pieces
1 set - 500 pieces

Doesn't seem a fair way to reward collectors for their custom.

Some really nice figures here.Nothing I collect (which is good right now)but some really neat stuff.
Mark

Can anyone explain the rationale behind the quantities of the limited edition AZW series from Manchester house and Sierra Toy?

2 sets - 300 pieces
1 set - 350 pieces
1 set - 450 pieces
1 set - 500 pieces

Doesn't seem a fair way to reward collectors for their custom.

The production numbers are set by the client commissioning the exclusive sets from W. Britain. I hope this clears up any confusion.
Ken

This is sure to make us chomp at the bit as they say.

When the horses arc chomping at the bit and the "yellow legs" mount up and the troop rides forth, there is a thrill that no old cavalryman can ever forget.

The production numbers are set by the client commissioning the exclusive sets from W. Britain. I hope this clears up any confusion.
Ken

Thanks Ken ,

I'm not in the least confused. More bemused. As will simply result in some collectors having to over pay to obtain certain sets in the series. :rolleyes2:

Would like to see more Union troops in Sack Coats and Forage Caps . . . . .
:smile2: Mike

Thanks Ken ,

I'm not in the least confused. More bemused. As will simply result in some collectors having to over pay to obtain certain sets in the series. :rolleyes2:

I doubt that future resale is taken into consideration. Why would they care that someone wouldn't be able to buy a set 6 months or 2 years from now? What about the regular releases that have now been retired? Should they just continue to make every figure so that 10 years from now I will be able to buy a full set? They are collectables, sometimes the fun is in the hunt, granted paying a little more is not great but it is what it is.

They need a number to start at why 300 who knows? Maybe it is the minimum of sets one can order? As the first set sold out the just up the numbers.

I would guess that as this is a first in the series for Magpie they are following suit.

I was pleased as well as the war on the nile got some love this time around. Also the AZW got some Zulus and some individual figures after all those 2 figure sets of the past year. The biggest announcement for me was that Ken confirmed the UK dealer for AZW exclusives was Manchester House which was first speculated at the Toronto Toy Soldier Toy in early Summer. I was surprised they chose a Zulu focus not a 24th of foot like the others. The downside, outside of the ambulance, this forum will be relatively quiet on AZW and War on Nile till the New Year....

I placed my order today for the uk exclusive today and the customer service was excellent and shipping was more than reasonable. Good job wbritains as they clearly learned from the modelzone experience. Got my Sierra exclusive yesterday so a good day to be a zulucollector...

I doubt that future resale is taken into consideration. Why would they care that someone wouldn't be able to buy a set 6 months or 2 years from now? What about the regular releases that have now been retired? Should they just continue to make every figure so that 10 years from now I will be able to buy a full set? They are collectables, sometimes the fun is in the hunt, granted paying a little more is not great but it is what it is.

I'm still bemused. From the outside there appears to be no coordinated approach to quantities produced. A complete lack of strategy. The day a business fails to care for a customer. Then it's another customer lost.

Perhaps the limited quantities issued reflect sales. In the States the economy is terrible,I notice that a ts vendor in Georgia is closing. The limited quantities may mean less inventory sitting on dealers shelves.
Benjamin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back