New vignettes for Chicago (3 Viewers)

WBritain

Master Sergeant
Here are three small displays I just finished building to display at the Chicago show. I have 4 more in the works and depending on time should have few more beyond those done too. I will try to post a few more photos of my progress over the coming weeks. I am looking forward to seeing and visiting many of you at the show!

Attachments

• IMG_5091.jpeg
    IMG_5091.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_5098.jpeg
    IMG_5098.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_5111.jpeg
    IMG_5111.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 137
These are outstanding! Thanks for sharing with those of us who cannot attend the Chicago show.

Brendan

Looks great. I’m not sure I may be going as I just had knee surgery.

I finished a new pedestal base this weekend using the new M10 and some of our newest infantry. The basic building is one I patterned years ago that is long sold out, but I always wanted to add the other side of the doorway and the remains of a roof. This was the last one I had in my collection so I finally had a good reason to use it! It was really enjoyable to make and I am well along on another one using an M18. I will post a couple more views of this one for the benefit of those that cannot make it to the Chicago Show this year.

Attachments

• IMG_5462.jpeg
    IMG_5462.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5433.jpeg
    IMG_5433.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5435.jpeg
    IMG_5435.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 59
Here are a few more images taken from different angles. The interiors of these destroyed buildings always take more time to detail than you think, but the results are well worth it. The real problem is where do you stop?

Attachments

• IMG_5442.jpeg
    IMG_5442.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5438.jpeg
    IMG_5438.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5436.jpeg
    IMG_5436.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 54
Here is another pedestal diorama that I recently finished for the Chicago Toy Soldier show. This one features several of our newer WWII German Infantry working their way through a destroyed factory. In addition to the newer releases there was one sold out figure that worked perfectly that I felt helped tell the story. It is the Grenadier peering out the window within his K98 ready to bring to bear on a possible threat. The destroyed factory is based on one we have been selling for a few years now, but has been significantly added on to and detailed, including some abandoned factory equipment. The real problem doing these kind of displays is deciding when to stop adding or reworking things. The roof section added alot to the overall setting, very much like the recent M10 diorama I built, and features a steel frame with corrugated metal roofing. This used lots of Evergreen plastic shapes, rivet and nut & bolt castings to give it that early 20th century feel. The roofing is made of copper foil using a home-made jig. I will post a few detail photos too… Next up will be the M18 in a snow scape as promised.

Attachments

• IMG_2210.jpeg
    IMG_2210.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2212.jpeg
    IMG_2212.jpeg
    213.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2213.jpeg
    IMG_2213.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 41
Here are a couple close up shots showing the figures chosen and some of the detailing. This was fun to build and I hope to find the time to build a larger version in the future. The lathe is a combination of scratch built details, castings from original patterns and 3D printed parts. I can imaging 2 or three of these, a drill press and some parts bins in a larger setting…

Attachments

• IMG_2198.jpeg
    IMG_2198.jpeg
    385.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2200.jpeg
    IMG_2200.jpeg
    447.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2207.jpeg
    IMG_2207.jpeg
    544.6 KB · Views: 24
Always have liked your approach to the look of your buildings and as such, have most of them. Looking forward to seeing them laid out in the upcoming Chicago event. Robin.

These are great images, really like the addition of the lathe and roof to the diorama. It just adds so much. Look forward to seeing the next versions. Always admired your work and it just keeps getting better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back