New WM Hocker Collector (1 Viewer)

Terp152

Major
Rec'd my first sets from Bill today, British Landing Party and the Turtle. Beautiful pieces and I'm very pleased with these figs. I know they have been posted before now, so I won't add more of the same. Some of the posts here got me interested in the Hocker lline and very glad I started to collect his TS. Chris

Rec'd my first sets from Bill today, British Landing Party and the Turtle. Beautiful pieces and I'm very pleased with these figs. I know they have been posted before now, so I won't add more of the same. Some of the posts here got me interested in the Hocker lline and very glad I started to collect his TS. Chris

My first Hocker piece was the Turtle. I passed it along to Tom Dubel, and he loves it too. My favorite Hocker pieces are my Highland Games set and the Tiger Hunt set. They are terrific traditional glossy toy soldiers, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy mine.:smile2:

Thanks Louis. This is my first foray into glossy and really like the "traditional TS" look.
Chris

Pat has recommended Hocker to me and I've enjoyed some of the sets Randy has shown. I would like to take the plunge on some of the mid 1850s sets.

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the Wonderful World of William Hocker! I am very, very pleased you are enjoying his figures. I know I simply cannot get enough of them. ^&grin Let us know what you add to your Hocker collection. :smile2:

Warmest personal regards,

Pat

Pat has recommended Hocker to me and I've enjoyed some of the sets Randy has shown. I would like to take the plunge on some of the mid 1850s sets.

Hi Brad,

Well? How about taking the plunge now? :rolleyes2::tongue: I do not think you would regret it. :wink2:

Pat :smile2:

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the Wonderful World of William Hocker! I am very, very pleased you are enjoying his figures. I know I simply cannot get enough of them. ^&grin Let us know what you add to your Hocker collection. :smile2:

Pat

Thanks Pat, placing an order for #163 British Marines firing as I am going to concentrate on AmerRev series. What series do you collect? Chris

Hi Brad,

Well? How about taking the plunge now? :rolleyes2::tongue: I do not think you would regret it. :wink2:

Pat :smile2:

Ok, Pat, I just did ^&cool I sent an email to Bill Hocker ordering the Slave Market, Abolitionists and Lincoln. Guess I'll see them in a couple of months.

Brad

Ok, Pat, I just did ^&cool I sent an email to Bill Hocker ordering the Slave Market, Abolitionists and Lincoln. Guess I'll see them in a couple of months.

Brad

Hi Brad,

Ha! ^&grin You know you are risking a terrible addiction by exposing yourself too closely to William Hocker figures. However, if you like the traditional toy soldier look, you cannot do better than William Hocker. His figures are just too charming to resist.

Now, about waiting a couple months. You will need to get used to his production schedule. He completes orders on a first come, first served basis, so your order goes to the end of his list of priorities. And, with the holiday season having arrived, it may take longer than expected for your order to be completed. When working with Mr. Hocker, patience is a virtue.

I will certainly be interested to see your new Hocker sets and to know what you think of them. He produces some truly interesting and creative figues/sets. I think you will be pleased.

Pat :)

Thanks Pat, placing an order for #163 British Marines firing as I am going to concentrate on AmerRev series. What series do you collect? Chris

Hi Chris,

My apologies for responding so late to your question. Somehow, your post escaped my notice. But, to answer your question...

I have primarily concentrated on collecting Mr. Hocker's Imperial Durbar series. Presently, I only require seven sets to complete the series. However,...

If you examine my collection, you will find elements of Mr. Hocker's American West line, his American Revolution line, and his Boar War line. Once I complete his Imperial Durber series, I will then need to choose a new emphasis from among his various lines. I am considering the following three series as my next Hocker target: The American West, The Boxer Rebellion, and the Poncho Villa Raid. Presently, I am leaning toward his American West series.

I assume you have received your order from Mr. Hocker. What do you think of the British Marines figures? I hope you are enjoying them.

Pat :)

Pat,

I received an email from Bill Hocker. He expects to have the sets ready by March 31 so it will take a few months and since it may I may add the Mark Twain set that Randy showed awhile back. You won't find anybody else making these kind of sets.

Brad

Pat,

I received an email from Bill Hocker. He expects to have the sets ready by March 31 so it will take a few months and since it may I may add the Mark Twain set that Randy showed awhile back. You won't find anybody else making these kind of sets.

Brad
Hi Brad: Welcome aboard to the Bill Hocker addiction. Like Pat, I have collected the Durbar and American West series but he really has other very interesting and unusual sets. Tommy

Tommy,

Thanks. Looking forward to them.

Brad

Tommy and Brad....Please don't tempt me....please don't tempt me.... I just haven't got the room ^&grin:salute::

Cheers

Martyn:)

Tommy and Brad....Please don't tempt me....please don't tempt me.... I just haven't got the room ^&grin:salute::

Cheers

But Martyn, you don't mean to tell us that you don't have room somewhere for one of these ..... do you? :tongue:

B.

Attachments

• 1001364.jpg
    1001364.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 114
  • 1001357.jpg
    1001357.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 115
But Martyn, you don't mean to tell us that you don't have room somewhere for one of these ..... do you? :tongue:

B.

Many thanks for that picture Buster {eek3} :tongue: :cool: ^&cool :cool: ^&grin but only if I sell some of my other Elephants :salute::

Cheers

Many thanks for that picture Buster {eek3} :tongue: :cool: ^&cool :cool: ^&grin but only if I sell some of my other Elephants :salute::

Cheers

Oh no, Martyn! Would never want you to consider selling your Elephants, that would horrible. How 'bout some camels then? ^&grin

B. :)

Attachments

• 1001532.jpg
    1001532.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 148
Oh no, Martyn! Would never want you to consider selling your Elephants, that would horrible. How 'bout some camels then? ^&grin

B. :)

I've only got a few of those, I couldn't bear parting with any ^&grin guess I'll have to buy a bigger house {eek3}

Cheers

Cheers

You need to blame Pat Martyn. I can't take the fall on this one :smile2:

Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back