News from Hong Kong (3 Viewers)

Very neat items. I for one will be very happy to see some new ACW in 1/32 54mm from King and Country.Thats good news to me!!!

Der Fub:D

:) Hello Again! The Mark 6 Tank, also should be painted for the N.Africa Campaign, along with a( Mormon-Herrington Armoured Car), for the British 8th Army, and also the Following Repeated ARMOR: --- M-3 HONEY ---MKII CRUSADER TANK---M-3 GRANT TANK---M-7 SEXTON S.P.--- --MK11 HUMBER ARMOURED CAR---BEDFORD QL Troop Transport Truck!

My 8th Amy could certainly do with a crusader and a grant.The Matilda is a bit lonely!

Rob

johngambale said:
:) Hello Again! The Mark 6 Tank, also should be painted for the N.Africa Campaign, along with a( Mormon-Herrington Armoured Car), for the British 8th Army, and also the Following Repeated ARMOR: --- M-3 HONEY ---MKII CRUSADER TANK---M-3 GRANT TANK---M-7 SEXTON S.P.--- --MK11 HUMBER ARMOURED CAR---BEDFORD QL Troop Transport Truck!

Agree with John, NA version of the mark6 would be good

Steven Chong said:
After visiting with James and Rick Wang of Figarti, I returned to Hong Kong and visited with Andy. The D-Day pillbox is delayed, but there are production samples of the new FOB and Alamo figures. The K&C Alamo figures will be 1/32 scale!!!:eek: Andy also mentioned there was some thought of returning to ACW and these figures would also be 1/32 scale. However, Andy flatly stated WWII would always be 1/30 scale. Below are pictures of the new Kubelwagon.:)

View attachment 1384

Basic set with two officers and driver

View attachment 1385

Basic set with additional single officer figure

View attachment 1386

Close-up of single officer figure

Steven:

Petition Andy to have the kubelwagen driver to be removable and windshield foldable.

Also, re Figarti, if they can make a great P-40 plane, they could surely make a Feiseler Storch. Be our spokesperson.
Thanks
N-P

N-P

Steven,
Thanks for the inside line. it's always such a treat. Love the KW, and the French cav, however shouldn't the French Infantry be in the more traditional French fighting pose with there hands over there heads?
Seriously. Let Andy know, thats the french set that I want, the surrendering set so I can have the early wehrmacht troops marching them off as is historically acurate. We have surrendering sets from both German and American, it's really OK.
Ray

I say we nominate Steven for the Exalted Position of "Forum Reporter"

for his outstanding work bringing us the latest news on his trips to Hong Kong.

It is certainly nice of him to post all the wonderful pictures, and fill us in

on the latest news!

I for one could never endure the plane ride........plus I heard Andy C. has

a "Wanted Poster" out for Njja..........must have been somethiing I said??

No couldn't be.......a wise crack?.......no couldn't be that either......

oh well. Thanks Steven another great Job!

Njja

Attachments

• Crazy Bear.jpg
    Crazy Bear.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 196
Pierre said:
Also, thanks to Steven for the photos. Greatly appreciated.
And a question for you: is the SOHK serie will stay at 1/30?
Pierre.
The Streets of Old Hong Kong series ranges from 1/30 to 1/32, depending on the scupltor. The two figures in HK130 (Man Holding Lucky Sign) are 60mm while the new policemen are noticably smaller at 58mm.:)

noli-poli said:
...Also, re Figarti, if they can make a great P-40 plane, they could surely make a Feiseler Storch. Be our spokesperson ...
Rick Wang of Figarti said there was no plans to do any more planes (lots of production problems).:( However, there are several plastic models of Storch's in K&C's Offices, so Andy is certainly thinking of it.:)

Steven Chong said:
The Streets of Old Hong Kong series ranges from 1/30 to 1/32, depending on the scupltor. The two figures in HK130 (Man Holding Lucky Sign) are 60mm while the new policemen are noticably smaller at 58mm.:)

Thanks Steven.

Pierre.

Fullyautomatic said:
... I'm curious as to why after Andy said last year and in previous posts that he would not be doing the ACW era again because it was well covered by some of the other companies that he is now pondering the idea. He always has the right to change his mind but it sounded like he was pretty hard set on it before ...
Andy said K&C was thinking about it, so they might not do it. Speculating, it could depend on how well the new 1/32 Alamo figures do. In my opinion, the new Alamo figures lack some of the great sculpting seen in the larger 1/30 scale Napoleonic figures -- maybe it is the sculptor or the smaller size. Posted below are some pictures of the new Alamo figures for the forum's review.:)
IMG_0607a.JPG

IMG_0608a.JPG

IMG_0610a.JPG

IMG_0611a.JPG

Below are pictures of the diorama that Andy's brother, Gordon, made for the new San Antonio store (the layout is smaller than the actual Alamo).:)

IMG_0603a.JPG

Notice the new Alamo facade.

IMG_0604a.JPG

IMG_0605a.JPG

IMG_0606a.JPG

Steven:

First of all, enjoyed your report from China on KC and Figarti very much and we're very lucky to have this kind of access between major shows courtesy of you, thank you.

The Alamo figures don't look bad at all from your photos, especially since they're 1/32.

Despite the delay on the Pillbox, did you at least have the opportunity to see a prototype? If so, how did it look?

One last question, Andy already new about the most recent competition coming from HB and NMA, did he mention anything about this "Collectors Showcase" release? If so, what did he say and did it catch him by surprise like it apparently did with just about everyone else?

Carlos

desk11desk12 said:
... Despite the delay on the Pillbox, did you at least have the opportunity to see a prototype? If so, how did it look?
One last question, Andy already new about the most recent competition coming from HB and NMA, did he mention anything about this "Collectors Showcase" release? If so, what did he say and did it catch him by surprise like it apparently did with just about everyone else?
Carlos
Dear Carlos,
I did not see any prototypes of the pillbox. I made an appointment before dropping in so Andy had an opportunity to hide all the things he did not want me to see.
Andy did not mention "Collectors Showcase," but I cannot say if it caught him by surprise.:)

Steven Chong said:
Dear Carlos,
I did not see any prototypes of the pillbox. I made an appointment before dropping in so Andy had an opportunity to hide all the things he did not want me to see.
Andy did not mention "Collectors Showcase," but I cannot say if it caught him by surprise.:)

Thanks for the answer,

I think we are all waiting for the pillbox or at least I am. Collectors Showcase? It's an interesting development that really bears watching, it would have been interesting how quite those guys really were about their release because usually not much gets past Andy.

Carlos

Steven Chong said:
Rick Wang of Figarti said there was no plans to do any more planes (lots of production problems).:( However, there are several plastic models of Storch's in K&C's Offices, so Andy is certainly thinking of it.:)

Hmmm. He'd better hurry before FOV beats him to it. I hope it will have detailed interior and clear canopy. I have great faith in K&C and Andy's leadership that they will deliver a quality Storch that far exceeds the competition.
N-P

Attachments

• Storch 2.jpg
    Storch 2.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 241
New Imperial China set and new walled gate (will also have Roman version) --gate can be opened.:)

IMG_0588a.JPG

IMG_0613a.JPG

noli-poli said:
Hmmm. He'd better hurry before FOV beats him to it. I hope it will have detailed interior and clear canopy. I have great faith in K&C and Andy's leadership that they will deliver a quality Storch that far exceeds the competition.
N-P

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the Storch delivers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back