News from Hong Kong (2 Viewers)

Steven Chong

First Sergeant
After visiting with James and Rick Wang of Figarti, I returned to Hong Kong and visited with Andy. The D-Day pillbox is delayed, but there are production samples of the new FOB and Alamo figures. The K&C Alamo figures will be 1/32 scale!!!:eek: Andy also mentioned there was some thought of returning to ACW and these figures would also be 1/32 scale. However, Andy flatly stated WWII would always be 1/30 scale. Below are pictures of the new Kubelwagon.:)

IMG_0583a.JPG

Basic set with two officers and driver

IMG_0584a.JPG

Basic set with additional single officer figure

IMG_0585a.JPG

Close-up of single officer figure

This one is for Louis. I have also asked Andy to have the set photographed for you by K&C's regular photographer.:)

IMG_0582a.JPG

I will not be posting anymore pictures until Monday (HK time), but I will leave you with this photo. K&C going into space!!!:eek: :D

IMG_0579a.JPG

IMG_0600a.JPG

Wow! Amazing Kubelwagen and French infantry! And what on earth is that little British tank?

It kind of surprised me that K&C is going to produce its Alamo Series in 1/32 scale, but it's pretty obvious they will do it in this scale, considering they want to battle the concurrence (Conté etc.). Am I correct, or is the decision based upon other factors (tired of 1/30 perhaps:) )?

Anyways, thanks for posting these pictures, Steven...

BTW, love the space-theme :p

Last edited:
I believe the British tank is a Mark-6. The German officers that come with the Kubal Wagon are Cavalry.

love the Kubelwagon and the British light tank.Can any of you experts out there identify this for me.I really hope Andy/steven are correct and that ww2 will stay 1/30 scale.

Rob.

That British tank is quite incredible! When will that be issued? Is that part of FoB?

too bad about the pillbox but very nice Kubelwagen. I can't wait until it and the others come out.

Carlos

P.S. Again, great job getting the pictures to us Steve

Okay guys, the stuff looks fantastic, and thanks Steve for the great shot of the Les Miserables set (man would I love to get my grubby little paws on one of those!!), but what is with the space tanks and figure? Don't get me wrong, I think they look really cool, but where is Andy going with this? Is he doing a release for some upcoming sci-fi movie or something?

That being said, all I can say about the Kubelwagon is wow! I can't wait to see this set in person. The detail looks (dare I say!) even better than the early resin and metal versions from 1996, and head and shoulders above the first polystone version.

The odd little British infantry light tank looks interesting, but while Andy has indicated in e-mails to me that K&C is addressing our concerns about the tracks and wheels on his armor, this prototype doesn't appear to have received the new treatment. All the same, some really exciting stuff. Boy Steve, I wish I could get to Hong Kong to see K&C headquarters! Well maybe someday . . .

The tank looks great! This version is the British Light Tank Mark IVB, modified from the Mark VIA with a new cupola for the tank commander.

Over 550 Mark VI’s saw service in France and were by far the most represented tank in the British Expeditionary Force during that campaign. Manned by a crew of 3 and weighing in at just under 5 tons, the Mark VI was already obsolete when committed to battle in France. Its armor and armament were insufficient and made it unsuitable for any duties outside reconnaissance. Mark IV proved useless against other tanks as it was only armed with 1 .50 Vickers machine gun and 1 .303 Vickers machine gun and attempts to use it for infantry support resulted in horrible losses. Only six Mark VI’s crossed the Channel during the evacuation at Dunkirk.

The Mark VI saw service in North Africa against the Italians and later a few against Rommel’s Afrika Korps in mostly a reconnaissance role. They disappeared from the battlefield in late 1941 as the British began fielding the American made Stuart as its replacement for the light tank.

That Kuble looks fantastic!

Semper Fi!
Rick

Great stuff! I wonder if the Kubelwagen driver is removable.

Alexdakar said:
Great stuff! I wonder if the Kubelwagen driver is removable.
Let's petition Andy to make it removable. I'll buy 6 if he does. It's kinda odd doing diorama and the drivers all have the same pose. Making the driver removable gives one flexibility.
N-P

Hey Steve:

Once again thanks for the photos!

You always seem to have a good time!

Njja:)

Thanks Steven for the great photo's and upcoming release info. I'm curious as to why after Andy said last year and in previous posts that he would not be doing the ACW era again because it was well covered by some of the other companies that he is now pondering the idea. He always has the right to change his mind but it sounded like he was pretty hard set on it before. The Kubel looks great by the way Andy.
The space age line. Is this the new avenue Andy had mentioned in the past to watch out for? Interesting!

Fullyautomatic said:
Thanks Steven for the great photo's and upcoming release info. I'm curious as to why after Andy said last year and in previous posts that he would not be doing the ACW era again because it was well covered by some of the other companies that he is now pondering the idea. He always has the right to change his mind but it sounded like he was pretty hard set on it before. The Kubel looks great by the way Andy.
The space age line. Is this the new avenue Andy had mentioned in the past to watch out for? Interesting!

It is my opinion that the acquisition of King X is the main reason for possibly doing ACW again, producing the Alamo serie at 1/32 and, maybe, lauching a space age line.

Pierre.

Last edited:
Also, thanks to Steven for the photos. Greatly appreciated.

And a question for you: is the SOHK serie will stay at 1/30?

Pierre.

Man I feel just like a little kid at christmas, the FOB line is looking tremendous and that German Kabelwagon and the British tank...I want's what I want's and I want's it all!!! :D

Now to the bank and see if they will offer an unsecured loan for toys?:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back