News Update August 23, 2021 - The Vikings (1 Viewer)

It's finally here! I knew it was coming, just didn't know when. I definitely want this one and will be pre-ordering it. I'll see your King Tiger and Keel Boat and raise you one Viking Longship!

and I will raise you again with the Fur trade fort and the Aztec temple. Still not enough? {sm4}, Robin

Shock and awe! {eek3} Wow! I love every aspect of this, and I feel it's a must have kind of piece. I'm particularly drawn to the construction of the ship and the intricate carvings. The three warriors at the front of the boat who anxiously await disembarking sealed the deal for me. I can envision them jumping into knee high shore water as I type this. I wonder how many different sculpts there are among the 20 rowers?

Congrats to JJD on yet another fantastic achievment in miniature!

Joe

As already said, lot to pay out in one go and fortunately for me it's not a range I collect but Wow and Fantastic !

Anyone who does collect this today or in the future will have a wonderful piece.

Very well done to John and team on producing this ! :salute:::salute:::salute::

Steve

Yes its a great display piece, but like the other comments is the base flat to enable to create a diorama, look not, but wait and see confirmation

This is stunning, high price, but when you break it down it is not that expensive. Possibly i was looking too closely but i looked at the shields to see if they matched the shields with figures already released, I have 12, to see if John has done the figure rowing?

Preordered mine to sit alongside the JJD Punic warships and those old Conte offerings in the Tasmanian dry dock.
Gary

Attachments

• DSCN2157.JPG
    DSCN2157.JPG
    390.2 KB · Views: 340
  • DSCN2264.JPG
    DSCN2264.JPG
    295 KB · Views: 337
  • DSCN7323.JPG
    DSCN7323.JPG
    285.7 KB · Views: 332
  • DSCN0608 (2).JPG
    DSCN0608 (2).JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 346
The more I look at this the more I think I may order it. I was sitting in the room last night and staring at the Roman/ Carth ships and thinking.. if I sold those I’d have the room.
:confused:

Gary

Can I ask where the horn blower on your Conte Viking ship came from.

Gary

Can I ask where the horn blower on your Conte Viking ship came from.
Ah an old

Conte figure - I went in for these figures back in the day - some great sculpting! I also have a lot of Regal Saxon/Norman and Vikings.

Attachments

• DSCN1334.JPG
    DSCN1334.JPG
    325.8 KB · Views: 410
  • DSCN1339.JPG
    DSCN1339.JPG
    221.9 KB · Views: 414
  • DSCN1344.JPG
    DSCN1344.JPG
    383 KB · Views: 399
  • DSCN7886.JPG
    DSCN7886.JPG
    247.9 KB · Views: 404
  • DSCN0967.JPG
    DSCN0967.JPG
    300.1 KB · Views: 397
and I will raise you again with the Fur trade fort and the Aztec temple. Still not enough? {sm4}, Robin

I'll raise El Cid's Castle! Oh wait, I'm bluffing. Hopefully.^&grin
Kudos to those of you have have kept up with JJD's proflific output. This is a fantastic set at a fair price.
Best Wishes,
Paddy

P.S. Would love to see some people & friend Julie @ the Chicago show but but still unsure...
There will be some cool stuff...
Pat & Pat

Some great looking ships and figures Gary. Thanks fir sharing your amazing collection
Jas

[FONT=&quot]I made an impulse order on this one. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Haven't really collected Vikings yet, but I've always liked them, and this Longship seems just too cool to pass it up. Definitely a centerpiece item. Now my brain is turning on where and how to display it...[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I made an impulse order on this one. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Haven't really collected Vikings yet, but I've always liked them, and this Longship seems just too cool to pass it up. Definitely a centerpiece item. Now my brain is turning on where and how to display it...[/FONT]

I am having the same problem. Where the heck will I put it?!?!

I think my wife is going to get some mileage and guilt gifts out of this one!

I have been to the Viking Ship Museum in Oslo and the JJD Drakkar has many of the features of the Oseberg Drakkar on display there. A very accurate rendition!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back