NOR047 US M4 75mm Sherman Tank - 2nd Armored Division (1 Viewer)

FirstLegion

Sergeant Major
After at least a year not producing any vehicles, we are pleased to announce that we are once again turning them out again and we are starting with the US M4 75mm Sherman Tank for our Battle of Normandy Figure range. We have depicted this version with a (removable) tanker firing the MG from the back of the tank as a complement to our US Airborne at the Battle of Bloody Gulch as depicted in Band of Brothers. This highly detailed rendition of one of the most iconic tanks of WWII includes the following features:

- Extremely detailed and accurate mixed media model
- Comes with Full Crew Figure Firing Machine Gun and 2 half figures for front hatches (all removable).
- Turned Aluminum Gun Barrel
- Opening and Closing top and front hatches
- Fully Rotating turret
- Gun barrel raises/lowers
- Comes with 2nd Machine Gun to display without firing figure

NOR047 US M4 75mm Sherman Tank - 2nd Armored Division - $349.95
Shipping End December

NOR047_1.jpg

NOR047_2.jpg

NOR047_3.jpg

NOR047_4.jpg

NOR047_5.jpg

NOR047_6.jpg

NOR047_7.jpg

NOR047_8.jpg

We sincerely hope you like our rendition and we're happy to announce that vehicles of all sorts, shapes, and sizes will come regularly in 2015!

Best,

Matt
First Legion USA

Great looking tank!!!, I promised that The 76mm tank, I just bought would be the last Sherman I will buy, but this one .......will be hard to resist!!!.

Nice release! I just ordered two more of the 101st boys today actually. :)

Great looking tank, the weathering looks to be very well done along the tracks, wheels and under belly of the tank also like the 3 figures that go along with this beauty, and best of all very glad to hear Matt mention this is the first of a number of planned vehicles to come out for 2015!!!!...Sammy

After at least a year not producing any vehicles, we are pleased to announce that we are once again turning them out again and we are starting with the US M4 75mm Sherman Tank for our Battle of Normandy Figure range. We have depicted this version with a (removable) tanker firing the MG from the back of the tank as a complement to our US Airborne at the Battle of Bloody Gulch as depicted in Band of Brothers. This highly detailed rendition of one of the most iconic tanks of WWII includes the following features:

- Extremely detailed and accurate mixed media model
- Comes with Full Crew Figure Firing Machine Gun and 2 half figures for front hatches (all removable).
- Turned Aluminum Gun Barrel
- Opening and Closing top and front hatches
- Fully Rotating turret
- Gun barrel raises/lowers
- Comes with 2nd Machine Gun to display without firing figure

NOR047 US M4 75mm Sherman Tank - 2nd Armored Division - $349.95
Shipping End December

NOR047_1.jpg

NOR047_2.jpg

NOR047_3.jpg

NOR047_4.jpg

NOR047_5.jpg

NOR047_6.jpg

NOR047_7.jpg

NOR047_8.jpg

We sincerely hope you like our rendition and we're happy to announce that vehicles of all sorts, shapes, and sizes will come regularly in 2015!

Best,

Matt
First Legion USA

Glad to hear that more WWII Armour will be released soon in 2015.....Short gun Panzer IV grey is really needed for Stalingrad{sm4}

I'm not sure about this one. I would buy it from the picture of the left side but the picture from the right side (production version?) doesn't appeal to me. The application of a few spots of "mud" looks completely out of place. The left side shows simple dirty sections which looks far better IMO.

The turned aluminum barrel is a definite plus.

The commander on the 50 cal is a throw away for me.

Frank

I'm not sure about this one.

The commander on the 50 cal is a throw away for me.

I don't collect AFVs but sooner or later I will likely pick up a few of the most iconic vehicles.
However, if I do buy this tank the figure would be useless to me as well - surely not an inconsequential factor at this price point.

Kudos to FL for continuing to try new things, but surely a figure with such a dynamic (I'd say dramatic!!) pose should have simply been sold separately.

It's the assumption (by FL) that people willing to spend this amount on what looks like a beautiful tank would automatically want to use it in such a configuration (ie. machine gunner blazing away) that bothers me enough to post here.

I can only presume that there will be other FL Shermans for Normandy with different crews or better still, no crew at a cheaper price.

I realize that this is a tank release and I'm criticizing the figure, but as a fan of FL I feel there could be a little more constructive criticism on some of these threads. It can't hurt, can it??? :)

For me the figure is what adds to the attraction, Quite possibly the one that will push me to buy it. And I am pretty sure that if anyone decides to sell the Figure there will be some buyers, including me.

Last edited:
I liked ready the last few posts which just shows the varying tastes of our members which is a good thing. If we all liked the same thing and First Legion just catered to one taste, man what a boring world. The figure firing the MG is a bit too Hollywood for me sort of like Dirty Harry goes to war or Rat Patrol but hey its cool. I'm really surprised it wasn't sold separately as well. Would have preferred the commander in the hatch maybe talking to the crew with headset. oh well nice Tank. Curious to see pictures once guys start getting it. regards Gebhard

It has been a while since I watched that episode of BoB, but is it conceivable the stance of the figure stems from that episode? I do remember the tankers shooting at the Germans across the field.

It has been a while since I watched that episode of BoB, but is it conceivable the stance of the figure stems from that episode? I do remember the tankers shooting at the Germans across the field.

That scene was the basis for K & C DD 45 Sherman tank and the pose of the tanker. See below.

I'm not sure I much what is wrong with the FL version. Maybe it's a little stiff but other than that I'm not sure why people don't like it.

DD045.jpg

You are very much correct!

Interesting observations. The decision to produce a crew figure in a dramatic pose makes it sort of impractical to sell separately as the figure can really only be used with the specific vehicle. As such, for commercial reasons we have to package it with the tank or have an uneven situation where we have too many crew figures and not enough tanks for them or vice versa. Perhaps some like the figure, perhaps some don't. Personally, I like it which is why we produced it! And, of course, you don't have to use any of the crew figure and as stated the tank comes with a second Machine Gun that doesn't have the crew figure attached so it can of course be displayed without any of the crew figures. Perhaps doing a version without any crew figures may be something that we'll consider later but I can assure you that these particular crew figures will not be sold separately. This is how it's packaged and sold and really is less cost than if you purchased the tank and the figures separately.

As to Frank, I do understand your comments and will have a closer look at the photos as compared to the actual model over the next few days and possibly do new photos if I think it warrants it. However, as you are someone who has collected most if not all of our vehicles, I'm pretty sure that you would be as pleased with this one as you have been with all of the others we've done.

Best,

Matt

Matt,

I am looking forward to receiving "my" Sherman tank when it is released. It has been well worth the wait because the tank (and its crew) looks awesome, and will nicely compliment the airborne figures. Keep the armor coming!!!

Best and thanks,

Alex :smile2:^&cool

Interesting observations. The decision to produce a crew figure in a dramatic pose makes it sort of impractical to sell separately as the figure can really only be used with the specific vehicle. As such, for commercial reasons we have to package it with the tank or have an uneven situation where we have too many crew figures and not enough tanks for them or vice versa. Perhaps some like the figure, perhaps some don't. Personally, I like it which is why we produced it! And, of course, you don't have to use any of the crew figure and as stated the tank comes with a second Machine Gun that doesn't have the crew figure attached so it can of course be displayed without any of the crew figures. Perhaps doing a version without any crew figures may be something that we'll consider later but I can assure you that these particular crew figures will not be sold separately. This is how it's packaged and sold and really is less cost than if you purchased the tank and the figures separately.

As to Frank, I do understand your comments and will have a closer look at the photos as compared to the actual model over the next few days and possibly do new photos if I think it warrants it. However, as you are someone who has collected most if not all of our vehicles, I'm pretty sure that you would be as pleased with this one as you have been with all of the others we've done.

Best,

Matt

Matt,

I am looking forward to receiving "my" Sherman tank when it is released. It has been well worth the wait because the tank (and its crew) looks awesome, and will nicely compliment the airborne figures. Keep the armor coming!!!

Best and thanks,

Me too. I will probably use with closed hatches but have wanted an FL version to go with Airborne.

Matt,

Best and thanks,

The wait looks to be worth the reward Alex!!! and agree the airborne figures should go along nicely with the new Sherman, glad to see you posting again...Sammy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back