NOR091 German Panther Ausf G w/Zimmerit & TC012 German Summer Tank Crew (1 Viewer)

FirstLegion

Sergeant Major
First Legion is extremely pleased to present the next vehicle in our Battle of Normandy series, NOR091 German Panther Ausf G Early w/Zimmerit - 3rd Co, 12th Pz Regt, 12 SS Hitler Jugend. The Panther tank was certainly one of the finest tanks of the war. While considered a medium tank, its weight was more in line with many of the “heavy” tanks of the war. The Panther’s sloping armor gave it very effective frontal defense and its 75mm main gun had more penetrating power than the Tiger Tanks 88mm gun due to extremely high muzzle velocity. Along with the Tiger tank, the Panther is certainly one of the most iconic tank of the Second World War. Our version for Normandy is very different than our version that we did for our Bulge Series in that it is an earlier version of the Ausf G. So it has features such as Zimmerit, Side Skirts (removable), no crew compartment heater, the earlier exhaust pipes, etc. that make it an accurate model for June 1944. Please note that the tracks on the turret, jerry cans, and the side skirts are removable further increasing display options. This is an incredible model produced in very limited numbers and is a great addition to our Battle of Normandy figures series!

To complement this model we also have a new German Tank Crew, set TC012. While we show this two figure crew set here with our Panther, it works with the vast majority of vehicles that we have done including the Wirbelwind as shown below. We haven't tested it with every vehicle, but it's a very flexible set that will work with most tanks and future tanks as well.

NOR091 German Panther Ausf G Early w/Zimmerit - 3rd Co, 12th Pz Regt, 12 SS Hitler Jugend $399.95
TC012 German Summer Tank Crew $154.95
Ships Mid October

NOR091page1.jpg

NOR091page2.jpg

NOR091page3.jpg

NOR091page4.jpg

NOR091page5.jpg

NOR091page6.jpg

TC012page2.jpg

TC012page3.jpg

TC012page4.jpg

Best,

Matt
First Legion

I have alot of Panthers but one can never have to many panthers so I'll be adding this one and the crew. The camo looks good.

This new Panther looks fantastic! I’ve been wanting to get a Panther as one of my next 1/30 scale armored vehicles and have been weighing models from K&C, Figarti, and now FL. This Panther really fits with what I’m looking for in terms of its paint scheme, working features, and accessories... It’s very, very tempting 😉

Are ALL the side shields removeable?? or only a few of them???? Thank you for any info regarding this :salute::

Are ALL the side shields removeable?? or only a few of them???? Thank you for any info regarding this :salute::

Hi Frank,

If you look at the pictures below closely you will notice two images of the left side of the Panther, one shows all side skirts the next shows none. I would bet that they are all removable.

Hope this helps, I think I'm gonna get this one. I bought the their first Panther and I really like it except for the divisional insignia but I really really like the look of this one :redface2:

If you ignore some of the historical unit inaccuracies that FL chose it’s a beautiful model. I do wish they’d get the details on markings/configurations a little more correct as it’s annoying to have to fix stuff on a $400 model.

I prefer Panzers be sold without markings as I usually do my own for the scene I am modeling!

Hi Frank,

If you look at the pictures below closely you will notice two images of the left side of the Panther, one shows all side skirts the next shows none. I would bet that they are all removable.

Hope this helps, I think I'm gonna get this one. I bought the their first Panther and I really like it except for the divisional insignia but I really really like the look of this one :redface2:

Thank You Gebs....I also bought the first FL Panther (one of my favorites)..&..This one looks great also. :salute::

I'm not gonna lie. This tank is absolutely stunning. Picture made the green come of a bit more colorful then what it is, Gotta say this is one of FL's best.

I prefer Panzers be sold without markings as I usually do my own for the scene I am modeling!

So you want your toy soldier premade tank to come with no markings as you apply markings based on the scene?

What if you change the scene?

Tell me the truth; this is all about First Legion isn't it, it's got nothing to do with markings, EVERY prebuilt afv whether it be K & C/JJD/TGM/FL/TCS/TGM/WB/FOV/21st Century toys ALL come with markings.

So let me know, asking for a friend.

My FL Panther came yesterday and it’s amazing 😃
I had been dickering around for weeks about adding a Panther to my collection, but couldn’t decide on a brand or specific version... Then this FL Normandy Panther was announced and I was sold! Here are some pics of my little setup using the new Thomas Gunn SS tank riders with and some spare War Park tanker figures I had on hand for the crew:

592-A7-E87-C254-4974-B25-F-4-CCA424-CF12-F.jpg

D83-C9-A2-C-E51-E-4-A59-9849-082044-E31815.jpg

53-CA43-BE-439-A-4-C8-B-816-A-264-BBCF42-F58.jpg

C1189619-9244-4121-A644-B9-B7047568-CA.jpg

F07-E0-C97-4-AF1-4054-9859-F3-CD9-F6770-D3.jpg

1-D5-C2-EC6-D4-A5-4-DE0-8328-252-ED9-E4650-A.jpg

B9-CB5-BDF-73-BB-49-D7-8-D68-4316-B1-EDA118.jpg

Last edited:
Outstanding!! Thanks for the pics and congrats! I like how the front hatches open and have finished detailing on the insides of the hatch covers. That is one mean looking machine!
On a side note, sometimes I wonder if it's better to just have a few high end models rather than a bunch of nice but generally middling pieces. With the rising prices of today I think I should revisit this question.

Joe

Outstanding!! Thanks for the pics and congrats! I like how the front hatches open and have finished detailing on the insides of the hatch covers. That is one mean looking machine!
On a side note, sometimes I wonder if it's better to just have a few high end models rather than a bunch of nice but generally middling pieces. With the rising prices of today I think I should revisit this question.

Joe
Thanks! I’ve often wondered that myself with my collecting... I don’t have the biggest budget, so if I get a premium model of a tank (say a Panther) that’s likely to be the only type of that tank I will get. Therefore, I have to ensure the tank is in a paint scheme and configuration I really like. This FL Panther was near perfect for what I wanted. To me, the JJD WWII tanks (Jagdpanther, Stug III, and Panzer I) set the bar for detail and quality with 1/30 scale tanks and this FL Panther was close to that level.

I think I'm at a crossroads with my armor collection. There are so many variables to consider. I'm glad the FL Panther is a good fit your collection. It looks fantastic in the photos. It's so finely detailed and very well painted. I agree about the JJD armor too- just beautiful stuff they make. Enjoy your big FL cat and thanks again for the photos of your display. I like the riders you put on the tank too.

Joe

An outstanding piece. I was on the fence for a while, but decided to dive in as Normany is a key focus for my colkection and this was perfect, being an early G version(unusual in many ways in models) zimmerit, sideskirts and extra tracks for a very varied look. Got mine two days ago and as stunning as the images are, "in hand" the model, finish and detail is even better.

An outstanding piece. I was on the fence for a while, but decided to dive in as Normany is a key focus for my colkection and this was perfect, being an early G version(unusual in many ways in models) zimmerit, sideskirts and extra tracks for a very varied look. Got mine two days ago and as stunning as the images are, "in hand" the model, finish and detail is even better.

Sounds awesome - you're really making me want one!

Joe

Just Received from Treefrog. Love it

Attachments

• 7636d6ff-429a-4759-8282-6c67846950f6.jpg
    7636d6ff-429a-4759-8282-6c67846950f6.jpg
    425.2 KB · Views: 998
  • 57351dfa-7cb0-4bac-859d-6dd8f9851c83.jpg
    57351dfa-7cb0-4bac-859d-6dd8f9851c83.jpg
    446.5 KB · Views: 591
  • bed81c7b-71a1-4ad7-9320-d2b6969ec294.jpg
    bed81c7b-71a1-4ad7-9320-d2b6969ec294.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 608
  • 7e608bcb-d47f-4bb7-afd6-2eff2db0e8d9.jpg
    7e608bcb-d47f-4bb7-afd6-2eff2db0e8d9.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 574
  • a2a72d3a-1626-4045-8886-c4757067072f.jpg
    a2a72d3a-1626-4045-8886-c4757067072f.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 617
C'mon guys, you make it very tough to maintain my self discipline in this hobby ! I have the winter version and figured I'd pass on this one, may have to re-think that one.

FL has produced several Panzers sans markings. Ideal for a diorama of a specific battle.

So you want your toy soldier premade tank to come with no markings as you apply markings based on the scene?

What if you change the scene?

Tell me the truth; this is all about First Legion isn't it, it's got nothing to do with markings, EVERY prebuilt afv whether it be K & C/JJD/TGM/FL/TCS/TGM/WB/FOV/21st Century toys ALL come with markings.

So let me know, asking for a friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back