NOR091 German Panther Ausf G w/Zimmerit & TC012 German Summer Tank Crew (1 Viewer)

I finally pulled the trigger on this Panther. Aesthetically, it is really gorgeous to my eye.

I do not like the symbols, but I can't be too judgey since I have added additional unit symbols that are not historical / or verified by pictures to some of my 11th Panzer and 4th Panzer customizations.

I do want to remove the SS markings and update them to a Heer unit. I haven't decided which one yet, but open to suggestions. 4th PD is my first thought.

That's a great looking tank (and great pics). What is it about the markings that you don't care for ?

That's a great looking tank (and great pics). What is it about the markings that you don't care for ?

Not trying to speak for Larry, but pretty sure he's talking about the division symbol and schwere company symbol on the front glacis plate and the large division symbol on the rear turret. Lots of pics of Hitlerjugend Panthers in Normandy, and none of them look like this.

Not trying to speak for Larry, but pretty sure he's talking about the division symbol and schwere company symbol on the front glacis plate and the large division symbol on the rear turret. Lots of pics of Hitlerjugend Panthers in Normandy, and none of them look like this.

HR knows me well. I also would prefer more of a blank canvas that I could add my own markings.

Gotcha, that makes sense-thanks ! REALLY like the look of that tank.

Last edited:
I picked up a Panther yesterday and this is probably the most amazing tank I’ve ever seen, bar none. Probably shouldn’t have waited until now to do it but so be it.

I picked up a Panther yesterday and this is probably the most amazing tank I’ve ever seen, bar none. Probably shouldn’t have waited until now to do it but so be it.

The FL Normandy Panther is almost a perfect Panther model in my opinion… It has just always looked right to me. Even with the new JJD Panther and it’s interior detail, FL Panther is still my favorite.

I was looking at the FL site last night and they have a couple of Panthers still available. However, they are rather pricey, eBay pricey, for $850.

I was looking at the FL site last night and they have a couple of Panthers still available. However, they are rather pricey, eBay pricey, for $850.

They sure do:
https://www.firstlegionltd.com/NOR091.aspx

I wonder if was old stock they’re trying to make a buck on? It’s been a while since this particular model was available and when I got mine back in 2019, I didn’t pay $850 for it!

Still, it’s a beautiful tank and, in my opinion, one of the most perfect-looking Panther tank models in 1/30 scale 😎

Someone wanted one, even at that price, as only one is left.

Even though I got this model way back in 2019 and other manufacturers like John Jenkins have made some fantastic 1/30 scale Panther tank models since then, the First Legion NOR091 Panther Ausf. G is still one of my favorites. I recently placed it in a new diorama with some of the FL SS figures and the tank still looks as good as ever😎

IMG-2970.jpg

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

You have presented us with another outstanding display Tristan. Bravo!

Mike

Thanks for the kind compliments, Mark and Mike 😃

I decided to pull this tank back out into the open and put it in the new diorama… Its a significant improvement over the way I originally had the FL Panther displayed after I first got it back in November 2019!

D83-C9-A2-C-E51-E-4-A59-9849-082044-E31815.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back